2016-2017 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew here yesterday, good luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Although I loved OUWB a lot, I will be withdrawing my spot here. Does anyone know the best way to withdraw? Email?

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a really hard decision, but I officially declined admission today! Good luck to all of you!

This was an extremely difficult decision, but I officially withdrew my seat here. Best of luck to all of those on the waitlist. :horns:

Got a call this morning and accepted off of first-tier list. First acceptance after 7 FREAKING WAITLISTS I MEAN COME ON I WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS, I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!
Congrats! That's freaking awesome

Is anybody else constantly refreshing this page and their Twitter for more info? Do we know when to expect them to make big pulls off the waitlist?

Can someone remind me how we are supposed to get into the class Facebook page? On the portal system there are two different people that is says to add as a friend on Facebook so the information is conflicting lol. I'm trying to find a potential roomie for the coming year!

Can someone remind me how we are supposed to get into the class Facebook page? On the portal system there are two different people that is says to add as a friend on Facebook so the information is conflicting lol. I'm trying to find a potential roomie for the coming year!

Dean Grabowski left mid-cycle, so now you add Katherine McMullen

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted of the waitlist other than the one person who posted above. Will the admissions team tweet when they have more offers to give out?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Question for admitted/current students about medical insurance. Is it possible to stay on your parents plan and waive the medical insurance that comes with being a student at OUWB (given that the coverage is equal or better)? If this is possible, will the cost of medical insurance be deducted from tuition costs?

I believe I recall this being mentioned during interview day that the cost is not deducted, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted of the waitlist other than the one person who posted above. Will the admissions team tweet when they have more offers to give out?

Nobody that I know on the waitlist has heard anything. I know in past years they have tweeted when making offers but I'm not sure if they will continue that this yer or not.

My advisor told me yesterday that one of her students was taken off the waitlist- they are/ or did going to decline the offer. Point is there is movement. Twitter was probably the former deans choice of communication.

I was first tiered waitlisted and accepted Monday evening!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted off of a tier 1 wait-list last week. I declined my admission offer and will be attending Wayne instead. I hope it goes to one of you without an acceptance yet!

Time to un-watch this thread.. peace :xf:

That would be correct as I understood it.

I just got accepted off the first-tier waitlist Monday! I am deciding between two schools (one of which I got a significant scholarship to). In making my decision just want to confirm from that this means there isn't going to be any other scholarship money going out at this point?

I just got accepted off the first-tier waitlist Monday! I am deciding between two schools (one of which I got a significant scholarship to). In making my decision just want to confirm from that this means there isn't going to be any other scholarship money going out at this point?
I would say that it is unlikely at this point, but it would be possible if someone that currently has a scholarship were accepted off of the waitlist to their dream school or something. They said that they will not hold onto any scholarship money and that any that comes back to them will be reallocated to another student. Hope that helps!

Hello Everyone, congratulations to all of you that have been accepted and good luck to all of you still waiting.
I hope all of you enjoy this resource as much as my class did and good luck on your first semester at OU!
P.S. If you have any questions about OUWB, feel free to shoot me a message anytime.

Please refer to the ads page in sdn for my referral link:
Huge Firecracker Discount

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, congratulations to all of you that have been accepted and good luck to all of you still waiting. I just finished my M1 year and wanted to recommend that you all get firecracker. It has helped me a ton during this past year, especially for staying up to date with the material for step. At our school, we tailor the firecracker questions to every class so you don't have to search around for questions that relate to the material covered. If you decide to sign up, please follow my referral link so that you can get a discount:
http://mbsy.co/gz2sH

I hope all of you enjoy this resource as much as my class did and good luck on your first semester at OU!
P.S. If you have any questions about OUWB, feel free to shoot me a message anytime.
And we just got our first test prep thrown at us lol

Hello Everyone, congratulations to all of you that have been accepted and good luck to all of you still waiting.

Please refer to the ads page in sdn for my referral link:
Huge Firecracker Discount

Does it make sense to get Firecracker for four full years (do you use it after Step 1)? Would two years be sufficient?

Does it make sense to get Firecracker for four full years (do you use it after Step 1)? Would two years be sufficient?
I know that it helps to keep up to date with material for step 1. I havent used it for M3 or M4 years but I know that they came up with segments of firecracker specifically for M3 and M4 years. I plan on using it for those years too.

I was wondering if current students can give insight into housing around the school.@mrslandingham Do any students live in Pontiac? I have been searching for housing online and have found some apartments that are significantly more affordable in that area. Also any feedback on Club One apartments and Woodlake Hills would also be appreciated. I live out of state and was not able to go second look to see some of the housing or explore more neighborhoods around the school.

A few students live in Pontiac in the Walton Pond, Auburn Heights, and Windsong complexes. The more popular ones are Westbury, Boulevard, Knollwood, and Beacon Hill in Auburn Hills. I do not know of anyone who lives at Club One or Woodlake Hills. I would be veeeerrry cautious of complexes in Pontiac outside of the ones I recommended without visiting them first or getting a recommendation from the other students - some parts of Pontiac can get a little rough and I personally would not feel safe living in some of those areas. They are "affordable" for a reason.

I would check out the PDF of the student survival guide that you should have gotten by email earlier this year, which has a list of recommended/popular apartment complexes. I also know that your class has a spreadsheet with rising M3s who are vacating their apartments/homes to move closer to Beaumont, and those are probably all good bets as well if there are any openings left.
Thanks for your advice! I hope to be able to see the pontiac complexes in person as I plan to move to MI soon, unfortunately the complexes recommended in the student guide don't have any openings. I've lived in rough neighborhoods most of my life, but I guess I should be extra cautious in a new area. The other complexes you have recommended look promising and I hope I will be able to find something soon. Thanks again, and I really appreciate all the helpful posts/ advice you have given on this thread! :)

Does OUWB prescreen before secondaries?

See below:

1. MCAT Score:
a. New MCAT - 495 or higher, OR
b. Old MCAT - 24 or higher

2. BCPM (Math and Science) GPA:
a. Cumulative undergraduate BCPM of 3.0, OR
b. Cumulative post baccalaureate BCPM of 3.5 with at least 24 credit hours, OR
c. Cumulative graduate BCPM of 3.5 with at least 24 credit hours

*Note, you should probably ask these questions in the 2017-2018 thread - more likely to receive a timely response.