2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declined my acceptance today, hoping it goes to one of y'all! Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I called because it's pretty much the end of March and I still haven't received a decision. It seems like they're behind. The lady I spoke to said they'll continue making decisions through April, but obviously before the final date to hold multiple acceptances. If you're really interested in Feinberg with no decision, it could be advantageous to write an update/interest letter. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
March 29th... hmmm. Lol sorry Feinberg you snooze you lose

Members don't see this ad :)
I called because it's pretty much the end of March and I still haven't received a decision. It seems like they're behind. The lady I spoke to said they'll continue making decisions through April, but obviously before the final date to hold multiple acceptances. If you're really interested in Feinberg with no decision, it could be advantageous to write an update/interest letter. Hope this helps!

So...April 27th then? ugh

perhaps they're simply conducting a clinical trial to see if pre-meds can actually literally die of anxiety

perhaps they're simply conducting a clinical trial to see if pre-meds can actually literally die of anxiety
Yeah they're in phase one to determine the dose of anxiety to give.

So I received an acceptance and scholarship here and I plan to attend. However, I just took a really hard math exam and I think that I may receive a C (but definitely no lower) in the course. This course is not any type of pre-req, it's just something for my major. Do you think they will rescind a scholarship and/or acceptance? I expect all other grades to be very good. Likely A, maybe A-.

So I received an acceptance and scholarship here and I plan to attend. However, I just took a really hard math exam and I think that I may receive a C (but definitely no lower) in the course. This course is not any type of pre-req, it's just something for my major. Do you think they will rescind a scholarship and/or acceptance? I expect all other grades to be very good. Likely A, maybe A-.

Highly doubt they would over one C!

Reactions: 2 users
And so it is April....

Really wish I could call them up and give them a piece of my mind... but that sounds like a great way to get instarejected. So instead, I'll just sit here, and go "Please, sir, may I have another?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected post interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got rejected post interview

Did you get an email or did your portal update? also do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Although by the looks of it I'm not sure they are going in chronological order

Did you get an email or did your portal update? also do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Although by the looks of it I'm not sure they are going in chronological order

I got an email. Can't log in to the portal anymore. I interviewed in early January and got deferred mid February

My condolences to the people getting the rejects... has to suck extra after all this time waiting. :/

The question for us who will be remaining in limbo now becomes, what's the WL movement like? Examining threads for the last few years makes it look pretty dismal. OTOH, USN&WR lists these stats:

Interviews:692
Accepted: 506
Enrolled: 163

So.... it LOOKS like there will be a ton of WL movement. Surprised NU isn't higher yield though.

My condolences to the people getting the rejects... has to suck extra after all this time waiting. :/

The question for us who will be remaining in limbo now becomes, what's the WL movement like? Examining threads for the last few years makes it look pretty dismal. OTOH, USN&WR lists these stats:

Interviews:692
Accepted: 506
Enrolled: 163

So.... it LOOKS like there will be a ton of WL movement. Surprised NU isn't higher yield though.

been waiting 7 months for a decision since my interview day. looks like ill be waiting another 3

my portal hasnt changed and no e-mail yet :/

I got deferred back in december :/

my portal hasnt changed and no e-mail yet :/

I got deferred back in december :/
I'd be surprised if you have much longer to wait, I think they must be getting their ass in gear this week

No portal change or email for me today.....

Surprised NU isn't higher yield though
Glancing at last year's data I have in a handy excel table, Northwestern is similar to U Chicago, Pitt, Vandy, Cornell etc, all in the 30s percentages. I think these places all just vie for a population that tends to have multiple great options

Glancing at last year's data I have in a handy excel table, Northwestern is similar to U Chicago, Pitt, Vandy, Cornell etc, all in the 30s percentages. I think these places all just vie for a population that tends to have multiple great options

Do you happen to know if all of these schools have a good amount of waitlist movement? Or is 500 the number Northwestern accepts directly post interview?

No idea about their waitlist movements. I believe the acceptances number in US News is total admits, admits off waitlists included.

wtf, can't enter the portal and no e-mail. admissions not picking up phone. still deferred.. -_-

wtf, can't enter the portal and no e-mail. admissions not picking up phone. still deferred.. -_-
I have the same deferral message on my portal since November. No email or anything either. What is going on?!?!

Reactions: 1 users
Called and asked what percentage of people get off the WL, they said about 10-30 people per year, not sure if that includes people who get called up but decline. Lady "didn't have information" about how many people total will be on the WL.

Last edited:
~10 admittances are offered to waitlisted candidates, out of ~100 on the waitlist

~10 admittances are offered to waitlisted candidates, out of ~100 on the waitlist
Does that 10 include people who get called up but say "Sorry Feinberg I'm going to Harvard" or is it only people who take up the offer?

Does that 10 include people who get called up but say "Sorry Feinberg I'm going to Harvard" or is it only people who take up the offer?
Exact wording is "acceptance offers granted" so I think it's the number of calls made, not the number who accept?

Exact wording is "acceptance offers granted" so I think it's the number of calls made, not the number who accept?

Hmm. Looking through previous threads, they tend to email to gauge interest before the call... so maybe that is where the people who wouldn't take them up on it get weeded out.

Wow they accept hundreds right off the bat then, no?
My understanding is there is a trickle of admits in the winter and then a bunch in the spring, yeah

Hmm. Looking through previous threads, they tend to email to gauge interest before the call... so maybe that is where the people who wouldn't take them up on it get weeded out.
Wait what? They send an email asking if you're still interested? I've never heard of this kind of thing before

My understanding is there is a trickle of admits in the winter and then a bunch in the spring, yeah

Wait what? They send an email asking if you're still interested? I've never heard of this kind of thing before

Albert Einstein College of Medicine actually does this, or at least they did this year. They sent out emails asking people if they were still interested. I can't remember if it was sent to people on the waitlist or people waiting for an interview, but same idea.

Interesting, they must do that to help their turnaround time and/or yield when offering WL admits

Are we supposed to get a response to our accepting alternate status offer email? or do we just assume that we're on the waitlist now?