2016-2017 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it's been a while since my last post and I thought I'd update you all of my status: ACCEPTED!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing where you were on the waitlist??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For admitted students, did you guys ever get your confirmation email after you submitted your deposit and Offer of Admission form? I still haven't gotten it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current student and I live in Kent (12 mins drive from school). I have a one-bedroom apartment that costs $500 a month. You can easily find a place in Kent or Ravenna. Check out Jack Kohl Realty in Kent, they usually have listings of student friendly apartments. You can also find a house looking for roommates. Join The Neomed Exchange facebook group to find current students looking for roommates.

Are any current students able to recommend where to live around NEOMED? I'm trying to live on a pretty strict budget, so looking for cheap housing. Also, can you speak a little bit about the classroom attendance and how many people actually go to classes versus watching taped lectures? Any input/information about life at NEOMED is appreciated!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
See you in August, bro!

See you there!

The "admission packet" hasn't arrived so I don't know what to expect. When does class start (it says Aug 28 on website but is there anything like orientation)? When do I need to be there? What are the procedures for financial aid/loans? If I don't have the enough money to pay and if the loans don't come through on time would I still be able to start classes?

I probably can find out through the packet but I'm just very anxious now lol.

Accepted! I can't believe it. I'm ranked 52 and still got accepted!

Hey congrats man!! Do you mind sharing your stats (mcat, gpa)? I'm actually in the 50s too and have my fingers crossed now for a miracle..