2016-2017 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag me and/or @Ismet and we'll update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhh what do we do for the supporting information section..? Didn't we do this on AMCAS primary?

Received secondary two days ago, submitting later today! OH resident, 3.82 cGPA, 512 MCAT

Anyone know what the screening cut-offs are here? For those of you who have received a secondary, when were you verified? I'm IS and this is one of my top schools, but haven't received a secondary yet. Thanks in advance!

Anyone know what the screening cut-offs are here? For those of you who have received a secondary, when were you verified? I'm IS and this is one of my top schools, but haven't received a secondary yet. Thanks in advance!

Do you have all your letters in yet? I read they don't send out secondaries until they have them all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have all your letters in yet? I read they don't send out secondaries until they have them all.

Yes, all of my letters are in. It would help to know whether or not they send out e-mails notifying those that were screened out that they have been screened out. Going to call admissions today.

UPDATE: I called and they said that they send out rejection e-mails to those who have not met the screening criteria. I asked them to check the status of my AMCAS app and they said that they have received it. Sooo I guess I just have to keep waiting...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got this email:

Speaking for the NEOMED Community, we’re really excited that you are considering furthering your medical education with us. We know that the medical school admission process is both exhilarating and nerve-wracking, and can be quite a roller-coaster ride. We’ll try to help you stay balanced by keeping you informed.

The next step is that your supplemental application is begin assigned to a file review team. We’ll read through your NEOMED supplemental application as well as your AMCAS application. In a holistic review process we will assign a preliminary score used to determine whether you will be invited to campus for an interview. Early Action candidates will be offered an interview in early September. Regular Decision candidate interview will run from mid-September until late January. If you are invited for an interview, we will notify you of the available interview date(s) via the email you have used in this application. This will be the only communication channel used, so please check your email frequently. Be sure to account for any auto-spam filters. We recommend that you list us as a trusted sender if you have that option in your email provider.

While you are waiting to hear back from us, you may want to explore some of the following links:

Explore the College of Medicine Academic Departments

Take an advanced look at clerkships available to our current M3 students

Get to know NEOMED’s support services that will support you through the rigors of medical school

Thanks again for considering NEOMED in your educational plans. We’ll be in touch.

Best Regards,

----

----

NEOMED

Do we need to send them a copy of our transcript in addition to what is provided through AMCAS?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone actually contacted admissions about the activities section? I'm planning to on monday because I can't imagine them wanting repeated info from the AMCAS primary

I'm really not sure what to do about the activities and experiences section either - if anyone finds out information about this, please let me know

Called the admissions office... they get all of your AMCAS activities so unless you have some updates to your activities you can go ahead and leave the section blank. That being said I went to paste in my essays and finish my app today and for some reason the save button refused to work... anyone succeed in submitting their secondary?

Called the admissions office... they get all of your AMCAS activities so unless you have some updates to your activities you can go ahead and leave the section blank. That being said I went to paste in my essays and finish my app today and for some reason the save button refused to work... anyone succeed in submitting their secondary?

Same thing happened to me. This secondary is so weird

Soooo when do we hear back about IIs y'all?

I got an email that said my file was under review and that they interview early action candidates at the beginning of Sept and the rest will be med Sept-January. I haven't heard anything else other than that.

This secondary app is so different from all other schools.....Do I need to re-enter my high schools and colleges attended as well as standardized tests because all that stuff is on my AMCAS primary already right? And obviously, I assume we do not need to send any transcripts again until we get officially accepted to the school?

Last edited:
Essay One: Provide a specific example of how you promoted diversity in your community:

I am not sure exactly what type of experiences "promote diversity". Can I write about medically serving a diverse community?

is it worth applying here as an oos student with no ties to ohio?

is it worth applying here as an oos student with no ties to ohio?

I applied last cycle OOS with no ties to Ohio. I was interviewed and waitlisted! Ultimately not accepted because they didn't have enough spots, but all that to say...YES!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I applied last cycle OOS with no ties to Ohio. I was interviewed and waitlisted! Ultimately not accepted because they didn't have enough spots, but all that to say...YES!

thank you for your response! looks like ill apply here then :D

Has anyone gotten an Interview Invite here yet this cycle?

Has anyone gotten an Interview Invite here yet this cycle?

No but I'm hoping for the best for us who were waitlisted last cycle!

Applied with a 512 and a 3.8, OH resident, reallyyy hoping I can count on my roots for an II (get it, since the school's in Rootstown?) sorry I'm done

upload_2016-9-20_1-0-40-png.209158

Is that normal/expected for the transcripts on the status page of the secondary app? Do we need to resend transcripts??

II around 5pm.
510 MCAT
3.8ish GPA
IS applicant
Secondary turned in on 8/18

Reactions: 1 users
still no secondary received, how long did it take for you guys to get them?

still no secondary received, how long did it take for you guys to get them?

My AMCAS was verified 8/26 and I received the secondary 8/31. I'm OOS

II for next Thursday! 10/6 instate

Did anyone else receive an email that started:

"Finding the right medical school for you to pursue your career is all about finding the perfect match. After a review of your AMCAS application for admission, we think that right fit may exist between you and Northeast Ohio Medical University. Please consider accepting this invitation to complete a supplemental application for admission with NEOMED. Kindly read all of the following carefully before you being."

And then had a link to their secondary? Do you think it's legit?

Thank you but I didn't submit my primary to them?

Does anyone know the timing of hearing back after interview? They said today the admissions committee meets the third Wednesday of every month. Does that mean we find out that day?

Does anyone know the timing of hearing back after interview? They said today the admissions committee meets the third Wednesday of every month. Does that mean we find out that day?
I was told that we'd probably hear back by the end of the month.

are the chances for OOS with no ties to get an II low?

Last edited:
Is there a status check for this school? & are the chances for OOS with no ties to get an II low?
I don't think so. I looked at my secondary after I got my II and there wasn't a place for any status update. And I'll be honest...there was not a single person at my interview day OOS

Today is the third Thursday of the month, which is when their committee meets for the people who interviewed at the beginning of the month. I predict we'll hear back early next week.