2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got off the waitlist and have never been more stressed about a decision to make in my life

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any info on when we get set up with email accounts? Or any of that other computer stuff like Keberos or OrgSync? The only thing in that vein I've gotten info about was Albert.

Did anyone apply for the 3 year program? And if so, has anyone heard back about interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if all merit scholarships have been given out? About one and a half months ago I was accepted from the waitlist, and I am not sure if all merit scholarship info for wait list students has been given out already (I accepted thinking that I won't get merit aid, but just want to see what's up with other people who were accepted off the wait list).

Regarding waitlist movement, I do not know how full the classes are but I do know at least two people from my school were accepted last year in July...so if this year is anything like last year, showing continued interest could yield results this month. I wish everyone hoping to get off the wait list the best of luck!! Please be happy and proud wherever you end up (hopefully at NYU).

Thank you. GPA was about a 3.72 and MCAT was 522. Although I sort of doubt stats matter as much at this point (who knows though).

I did write a LOI in late April. I outlined realistically why NYU would be a better fit for me than any other school. Again, not sure if that made an impact, but I definitely don't think it hurt. I also had an update where I told them about some projects I have been working on after interviewing.

If anyone has info on merit aid please let me know. Thanks!

Has anyone had issues logging into the Housing portal? Whenever I try I get an error saying my login timed out, no matter if change browsers, refresh, etc.

Has anyone had issues logging into the Housing portal? Whenever I try I get an error saying my login timed out, no matter if change browsers, refresh, etc.

Try the link to login using "temporary credentials" and use the username they emailed you when you first applied for housing.

Does anyone have any idea if it's still possible to get in to the med student on campus housing? I was planning on living off campus and then everything just completely fell through and now I have no idea where I'm living and will probably be living in the on campus place but I don't know if that's even still possible now or if it's filled up?

Does anyone have any idea if it's still possible to get in to the med student on campus housing? I was planning on living off campus and then everything just completely fell through and now I have no idea where I'm living and will probably be living in the on campus place but I don't know if that's even still possible now or if it's filled up?

CALL HOUSING! I think its possible - I, for one, am currently without a roommate because the person who was slated to share an apartment with me "declined their housing offer". The email telling me this also mentioned something about the room possibly being filled by students coming back on campus after living off campus, so it seems like it happens.

CALL HOUSING! I think its possible - I, for one, am currently without a roommate because the person who was slated to share an apartment with me "declined their housing offer". The email telling me this also mentioned something about the room possibly being filled by students coming back on campus after living off campus, so it seems like it happens.

Thanks I got in touch with them and seems housing is still available fortunately. Any advice on Vilcek vs Greenberg?

Thanks I got in touch with them and seems housing is still available fortunately. Any advice on Vilcek vs Greenberg?

So as I've never lived in either, I think your best bet is checking out the Facebook page for the class - there's some posts from a month or so back on the page from current students that give some details.

I applied to the 3-year phd to md program at Columbia, just md at nyu. I already have a phd

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
HI PugLyfe, I was curious if you heard back from the 3-year program? There does not appear to be any data online regarding its class size, acceptance rates or interview dates. Any info you may have from last year would be super helpful! Thank you so much! :)