2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance email received. I'm very likely not going to hold the spot and I sincerely hope it goes to one of you deserving folk very soon!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Rejections are also out via email in case anyone was wondering :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone rejected post interview? Or is it just a huge waitlist of false hope

Edit: nvm

Reactions: 1 user
so anyone know how the WL here works? When do they start pulling from the WL, how active is it, is it ranked

WL, complete end of august, OOS, LM: 77-78

How many people get off the waitlist? :(

so anyone know how the WL here works? When do they start pulling from the WL, how active is it, is it ranked

Last year the first accepted off the WL post was in the very beginning of May.

Yeah i got straight out rejected. Thankfully got into as good/better schools. #cyclerandomaf

Got my acceptance email today + portal change

does your portal change in the "offer admission" page still read 2016 and not 2017, and for the wrong class year haha? the emails are all right but i think they forgot to update it from last year on the admissions page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection, LM >80, non-trad, interviewed early October. Definitely food for thought for the next month and a half as I wait on the rest of my decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
WL. LM between 74-77. So disappointed, this is the interview where I felt best. I guess that means nothing. It's gonna be even more horrible waiting for my other decisions now.

Waitlisted :(

But how does this process work anyway? Do people get taken off the list as people withdraw their application? Or do you have to wait until May.

Accepted! I can't even believe it. I did not get a phone call so I was not even expecting this. I thought I did amazing on my MMI but didn't know how much weight they place on the interview as opposed to Stats.

Reactions: 5 users
Well WL doesn't feel promising since so many people are being put on it lik

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted :(

But how does this process work anyway? Do people get taken off the list as people withdraw their application? Or do you have to wait until May.
last year i dont think there was any movement until mid may

I haven't received an email yet and my portal has not updated yet either...

So basically if you have other acceptances there's really no point in holding on to your spot on the WL
well its been my top choice/dream school for like half a decade so ill prob hold onto my spot despite 4 acceptances elsewhere

but im not holding my breath

Waitlist, LM 73, complete mid Nov, II mid Dec

Does anyone have any information on merit scholarships? When are they released?

WL, how many wills be offered from the WL in previous years?

For those who received an email, did the email say that you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected or did it prompt you to check the portal?

For those who received an email, did the email say that you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected or did it prompt you to check the portal?

I started off with "CONGRATULATIONS!!" - definitely straight to the point.

I called admissions they said waitlist isn't ranked and begins activity April 30

Reactions: 2 users
Also waitlisted. Seems like they're being cautious and putting a lot of folks on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone, and congrats to all the people accepted!!!

Keep in mind that since NYU just had a huge jump in ranking they likely will be accepting far fewer people off the bat this year then previously, as they don't know how many will actually come. For that reason I would expect that the waitlist movement could be anywhere from from very minimal if all of a sudden everyone accepts at NYU, to major movement, if they have a similar yield as previous years. So we can't know for sure, but they would have to play on the safe side of giving fewer acceptances at first, in which case there would be quite a bit if movement.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind that since NYU just had a huge jump in ranking they likely will be accepting far fewer people off the bat this year then previously, as they don't know how many will actually come. For that reason I would expect that the waitlist movement could be anywhere from from very minimal if all of a sudden everyone accepts at NYU, to major movement, if they have a similar yield as previous years. So we can't know for sure, but they would have to play on the safe side of giving fewer acceptances at first, in which case there would be quite a bit if movement.
your words to god's ears lol

If all admissions decisions have supposedly come out and I haven't received an email yet, at what point should I contact admissions?

If all admissions decisions have supposedly come out and I haven't received an email yet, at what point should I contact admissions?

No change in portal? It's very small at the bottom with a check mark next to whatever your fate is.

I have a Q, if I was waitlisted to NYU and accepted to 3 other schools, how does it work on April 30th when I have to "pick one" if I still want to hold out for NYU?

I have a Q, if I was waitlisted to NYU and accepted to 3 other schools, how does it work on April 30th when I have to "pick one" if I still want to hold out for NYU?

You have to hold one acceptance by April 30, but you can stay on as many waitlists as you want. If you get pulled off the waitlist, you have to make a decision within a few days to drop your acceptance and take the new offer, or give up the new offer. They will tell you how many days you have to decide.

I was invited near the end of their interviewing process bc someone canceled their interview and they needed to fill up spots. I just got WLed so I have two questions. How would the wait list work out if I am already in a few other schools? And is it possible that they literally ran out of seats bc I interviewed so late with them? Thanks guys and good luck

I was invited near the end of their interviewing process bc someone canceled their interview and they needed to fill up spots. I just got WLed so I have two questions. How would the wait list work out if I am already in a few other schools? And is it possible that they literally ran out of seats bc I interviewed so late with them? Thanks guys and good luck

Not sure what you mean by your first question, waitlist works the same if you've been accepted to other schools or not. If they end up accepting you, you can drop your seat at another school if you wish to attend NYU instead.

NYU is non-rolling this year, so when you interviewed doesn't matter.

NYU ****ING SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD YOU SEND ME A FINANCIAL AID WEBINAR EMAIL I'M ON THE WAITLIST.

GrumpyGus is extra Grumpy

Reactions: 13 users
Honestly NYU **** you for sending an invitation to your financial aid webinar less than 5 hours after waitlisting us.

Reactions: 4 users
NYU requires a $100 deposit from accepted applicants - is that refunded if we choose not to go to NYU?

Sorry, don't mean to be insensitive to those who were waitlisted/rejected.