2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I keep feeling like I'm forgetting to do something. Aside from the deposit, terms & agreement paper, & financial aid application... is there anything else that we have to send in?
Official transcripts before we matriculate, maybe? They haven't updated us on anything else that I know of.

Members don't see this ad.

Has NYMC sent out financial packages? I turned in the documents, and wondering when I should expect to hear back. TIA!

Has NYMC sent out financial packages? I turned in the documents, and wondering when I should expect to hear back. TIA!

I can't answer your question, but I'm hoping you can answer mine--did you send in those forms via snail mail? I know the email says to, but I just wanted to confirm other students aren't emailing them in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't answer your question, but I'm hoping you can answer mine--did you send in those forms via snail mail? I know the email says to, but I just wanted to confirm other students aren't emailing them in.

I mailed mine via snail mail, I got an email from Dominga Hidalgo saying "acknowledgment of receipt" and that I wouldn't have to do anything else until June 1 when financial aid materials become available, hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Glad to! I sent in the forms via snail mail. It was pretty recent so I haven't heard back yet, but I'll be on the lookout for that confirmation. Thanks for the info @medtech2MD!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone that was accepted around April 5th, the admissions office informed me that they hadn't received my terms and conditions even though they told me to email it in. If you also emailed it in, I would suggest you call and double check. I called and they confirmed that emailing it in is still perfectly fine, but for some reason they never added it to my file and I had to resend it this morning (per their request). After I resent it, I called back and everything was sorted out.

Last edited:
Hmm same sort of thing happened to me...

Rejected post-interview :(. Anyone know how rare this is?

Withdrew acceptance today. Has anyone else and gotten a reply back? I haven't gotten a response yet.

Good luck to everyone else!

Waitlisted today and interviewed 3/30. Good luck to everyone! Hoping for some waitlist movement!

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone comment on the waitlist movement here? I can't recall if they mentioned anything on interview day. Thanks, and congrats to all acceptances so far!!

Can anyone comment on the waitlist movement here? I can't recall if they mentioned anything on interview day. Thanks, and congrats to all acceptances so far!!

Generally starts traffic day, this year 5/1. Usually a good amount of movement. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Was anyone else at 2nd look kind of surprised by the 90% graduation rate (in 4 years) statistic? I haven't been able to find a national average but 90% seemed low to me

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone else at 2nd look kind of surprised by the 90% graduation rate (in 4 years) statistic? I haven't been able to find a national average but 90% seemed low to me

Does that 90% factor students who take additional time to complete a PhD or MPH?

Some people do a graduate degree, and some people take a year to do research if they are interested in more competitive specialties. If you go on the website, you can find 5 and 6 year graduation rate data, and it's close to 100%

FYI Per the financial aid website, financial aid forms are due THIS THURSDAY, APRIL 27th.
FAQs
I'm not sure if this includes all of the loan counseling/promissory note stuff or just the financial aid application to NYMC, but just thought I'd give a friendly reminder.

Just withdrew my acceptance...Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
emoji4.png

Reactions: 4 users
FYI Per the financial aid website, financial aid forms are due THIS THURSDAY, APRIL 27th.
FAQs
I'm not sure if this includes all of the loan counseling/promissory note stuff or just the financial aid application to NYMC, but just thought I'd give a friendly reminder.
I called to verify and they said that the deadline applies for all of the steps. I thought the MPN and counseling were due later (i.e. we get the award letter and THEN apply for loans), but guess not so thanks for that reminder!

@drpepper93 medtech2md is correct, that's the tentative date but I would wait for the official word before booking things.

For anyone that is currently waitlisted or hears of any waitlist movement, I have made a forum:

NYMC Waitlist 2016-2017

Post any info or questions here :)

In addition maybe we could keep some basics like dates accepted in this thread also so that future years can just check each class thread for timeline?

I got an acceptance email!!! Three minutes ago!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist, but will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else!

Just accepted off the wait list! Interviewed 3/28, wait listed 4/5, accepted 5/1. I went to the link to pay my deposit but it doesn't look my application page on the actual website has updated yet, and I don't have a payment option. Anyone else have that problem?

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today off waitlist, interviewed 1/12

Reactions: 3 users
OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! Got the email ten minutes ago!!! Interviewed 3/21, waitlisted 4/5...this is surreal!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted students: Did you get a confirmation of receipt email after you turned in your terms and conditions form? I want to withdraw from the other school I was accepted to but I want to make sure NYMC received my stuff before I do that haha. Though I did submit my deposit already.

Accepted students: Did you get a confirmation of receipt email after you turned in your terms and conditions form? I want to withdraw from the other school I was accepted to but I want to make sure NYMC received my stuff before I do that haha. Though I did submit my deposit already.
They never confirmed but give them a call and they'll let you know if they have it. Congrats to all accepted!!

Has anyone gotten instructions about any immunizations and medical forms we might need?

Has anyone gotten instructions about any immunizations and medical forms we might need?
I think we'll be getting those at the end of the month (according to what I got in the packet in the mail)

+1, only secondary submitted late July (7/26). Received an email. Finally my first one and very happy because this school is one of my top 3! Congrats to the other II peeps too. I'm going it late September, so maybe we'll run into each other? :)

Okay, I totally forgot I had an account on here (this was my last post I think). I am part of the "off the wait list as of Monday" group. I interviewed in late September, so I was on the lamb so long the other 24 schools I applied to all rejected me in that time frame. All it takes is one though, right?

Anyone who went to the 2nd look day willing to share what they did/what happened? I didn't really want to go look back through this thread.

Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to all of you!