2016-2017 Mercer University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never thought I'd be able to say this, but so happy to receive an II today :woot:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I was wondering what my chances of acquiring an interview are so late in the game. I applied with a 3.7 and a 510 mcat. I have countless leadership roles including vice president of a major sec fraternity. I also have 5 seperate 25 hour plus shadowing opportunities with the longest one pushing 108 hours. This includes a medical mission trip and rural shadowing. I also was a head of a sceince department for underprivileged children. I have more activies but those are probably my biggest. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
I was wondering what my chances of acquiring an interview are so late in the game. I applied with a 3.7 and a 510 mcat. I have countless leadership roles including vice president of a major sec fraternity. I also have 5 seperate 25 hour plus shadowing opportunities with the longest one pushing 108 hours. This includes a medical mission trip and rural shadowing. I also was a head of a sceince department for underprivileged children. I have more activies but those are probably my biggest. Thanks for your help

just submit and don't think about it. 3.7 and 510 are above average for mercer and they interview through feb. you sound well rounded too. by the time the holidays roll around you may get an ii

Members don't see this ad :)
I really appericate the reply, my secondary was marked complete as of two day ago. How long does it take to find out if u get an interview?

I really appericate the reply, my secondary was marked complete as of two day ago. How long does it take to find out if u get an interview?

Not longer than a month I would say. Average is about 2.5 weeks. You have great stats for Mercer. Keep your head up! Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:

Friend got an interview last year that was complete in January. Stats no better than yours IIRC

Super stoked I got an interview invite this Monday. I was complete early September, if that matters to anyone. When I was scheduling my interview I noticed there were only three dates available, and only in January. Does Mercer only offer so many dates at a time or is that the end of their interview season?

Reactions: 1 users
You have a high chance of getting an interview at Mercer. Just relax and wait :)

Super stoked I got an interview invite this Monday. I was complete early September, if that matters to anyone. When I was scheduling my interview I noticed there were only three dates available, and only in January. Does Mercer only offer so many dates at a time or is that the end of their interview season?
Not sure. However, I am lead to believe they only offer a few dates at a time because when I got my II back in September they only had dates in September... none for any of the following months.

Can anyone provide me information on Mercer's accreditation? I've heard some things but I'm not sure if it's entirely true.

Next round of decisions goes out Nov 15th. Looking forward to the news

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@HeisenbergIsTheGOAT check this link from the LCME website for a list of accredited allopathic medical schools in the US (they've got a separate list for Canada as well, if you're interested). Mercer gained full accreditation in 1982, folks. List is alphabetical by state. Of note, it seems Emory is currently renewing their accreditation.

I assume whatever "things" you heard either pertain to another program, or came from somebody yanking your chain.

:troll:

Ohh i see now! Yeah my bad for not looking this up online before posting on here. I was genuinely curious, and I now know this person was probably just trolling me. It came from someone that got rejected last cycle so might not have been the most reliable source. Thanks for the info

like OCT 15th but I was informed that I needed to submit the domicile letter last week. After I submitted the domicile letter, I received and interview shortly after.

Last edited:
I also received a II this week! Wishing everyone luck with their interviews!

Reactions: 5 users
I thought the committee gave decisions on Thursdays? Also, I got an email about admissions timeline last Thursday. Does that mean I've been rolled over for this month?

I thought the committee gave decisions on Thursdays? Also, I got an email about admissions timeline last Thursday. Does that mean I've been rolled over for this month?

It appears to be either Wednesday nights or Thursday mornings. And I think everyone that had an II and hasn't hear anything yet got that email. I know most of the October interviews are getting reviewed tomorrow.
The email had nothing to do with whether or not you're accepted or rolled over this month.

It appears to be either Wednesday nights or Thursday mornings. And I think everyone that had an II and hasn't hear anything yet got that email. I know most of the October interviews are getting reviewed tomorrow.
The email had nothing to do with whether or not you're accepted or rolled over this month.

I hope it's Wednesday night! Though if they do meet that night it seems like a possibility that many people still won't receive an email until early the next morning. I could be wrong though!

It's my understanding that the committee meets every third Wednesday of the every month, at the end of the day. I heard back around 6:30 PM from my interviewer, but some people don't hear until Thursday AM via email. It just depends! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were accepted last month, did your status change via the portal once you found out?

No call, no email upto now, so I maybe rolled over the next month :(

For those who were accepted last month, did your status change via the portal once you found out?

Yes, it displayed an "Acceptance Offer" tab which allows you to pay your deposit.

Lol I'm too nervous to check my email or portal. No phone call this morning so I'm assuming I wasn't accepted this round...

No call, no email, no changes in my portal... Roll over #2 :( Fingers crossed for December 21st. (aka all I want for Christmas). Good luck everyone!

No call, no email, no changes in my portal... Roll over #2 :( Fingers crossed for December 21st. (aka all I want for Christmas). Good luck everyone!
Just checked! No email, or change in portal status either, so most def was rolled over again

My friend said adcom said the 14th was the next meeting???

Hmmm... I was told at my interview that the meetings took place the 3rd Wednesday of every month, but it may be early due to the holidays. Fingers crossed!! Do you know where they heard it from?

Hmmm... I was told at my interview that the meetings took place the 3rd Wednesday of every month, but it may be early due to the holidays. Fingers crossed!! Do you know where they heard it from?

Really? I thought it is the third Wed, which is 21st.

That's what I thought as well, but when she called to ask them about the status of her application, they told her she had been rolled over and that the next meeting was the 14th. I was confused by this as well, but I am assuming it is due to the holidays and the school being closed. :shrug:

Does anyone know the usmle step 1 pass rate for Mercer?

Does anyone know the usmle step 1 pass rate for Mercer?

School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine Program

U.S. Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE Step Exams) (2015-16)
Threshold: 90%
Goal: Meet or Exceed National Pass Rate (Step 1: 96%; Step 2 CK: 96%; Step 2 CS: 97%)
Actual Step 1: 93% (interim results)
Actual Step 2 CK: 97% (interim results)
Actual Step 2 CS: 92% (interim results)

https://oie.mercer.edu/research/student-achievement.cfm

Just got rejected post-interview. Interviewed on 9/22. LizzyM ~ 70

Knew Mercer and I weren't the perfect fit so it's probably best! Good luck to everyone else!