2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, too, guys! This is my first one, so it's both invigorating to hear back and also nerve-wracking. Here's to binge-watching strictly nonmedical television shows until something changes (although Scrubs is apparently being pulled from Netflix, so I might have to make an exception)!

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted, too, guys! This is my first one, so it's both invigorating to hear back and also nerve-wracking. Here's to binge-watching strictly nonmedical television shows until something changes (although Scrubs is apparently being pulled from Netflix, so I might have to make an exception)!
Wait, Scrubs is coming off Netflix? That makes me so sad.
Also good luck to you! Here's to hoping we both get pulled from the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait, Scrubs is coming off Netflix? That makes me so sad.
Also good luck to you! Here's to hoping we both get pulled from the waitlist.

Sad...I grew up watching scrubs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Does any one have any statistics how many get accepted , how many get wait listed or how many they pull out of the WL?

Does any one have any statistics how many get accepted , how many get wait listed or how many they pull out of the WL?
Someone shared the stats with me but I can't find it. A little over half of the waitlist was offered acceptance before the class was filled, but I don't remember how many were on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current students: how much do you pay for rent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could someone post the match list please? :)

Edit: found it, but it seems so small? Is it just the people from Athens?

Last edited:
This was from two years ago, I think. I found it on a premed forum on Reddit lol
546 applicants were interviewed. 376 total interviewees were accepted. Final enrollment was 230. Not sure how many of the accepted applicants were from the waitlist, but the stats show that MCG accepted 146 more students than they enrolled.

Last edited:
That is a high number and good if all the 146 are from waitlist

I was waitlisted at MCG in March as well and I am a 1st time applicant. Does anyone know if MCG tends to accept more re-applicants off the waitlist than 1st time applicants?

I've been looking through older application threads and it seems that mostly re-applicants post their acceptance off the waitlist...but idk if that's only on SDN or in general.

I was waitlisted at MCG in March as well and I am a 1st time applicant. Does anyone know if MCG tends to accept more re-applicants off the waitlist than 1st time applicants?

I've been looking through older application threads and it seems that mostly re-applicants post their acceptance off the waitlist...but idk if that's only on SDN or in general.
It's probably a mix of both 1st time and reapplicants, and there's probably no way to tell if there is a trend.

I wish I could give you some answer, but I am not sure. I don't know if MCG looks at re-applicants more favorably over 1st time applicants or not.

I wish I could give you some answer, but I am not sure. I don't know if MCG looks at re-applicants more favorably over 1st time applicants or not.

Yea I suppose. Thank you both for your replies!

To those accepted, how long did it take for you to find out your campus assignment?

To those accepted, how long did it take for you to find out your campus assignment?
I was accepted and admitted 5 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet... I'm still waiting for my transcript status to change from 'Y' to 'F' and to receive my Pounce account information.

Has anyone received their financial aid info from MCG yet? I asked the office a while back about when we could expect to receive award letters, but received a sort of form response about financial aid decisions being made "by May 15th."

Has anyone received their financial aid info from MCG yet? I asked the office a while back about when we could expect to receive award letters, but received a sort of form response about financial aid decisions being made "by May 15th."

I called two days ago and they said that their conservative estimate was that they would be out by the end of the month.

Atlanta traffic needs to get its s*it together

Anyone know if we need to get drug tested? I want to go to the doctor only once if I can. And anyone start on their Immunizations?

Anyone know if we need to get drug tested? I want to go to the doctor only once if I can. And anyone start on their Immunizations?

Unless things have changed (and I highly doubt they have), you won't need a drug test.

So... seriously, what does it mean when people refer to Traffic Day...? LOL.

So... seriously, what does it mean when people refer to Traffic Day...? LOL.
It's supposedly April 30th, when all applicants that are holding more than one acceptance to a medical school need to decide on only one school. So basically a lot of schools move people off of the waitlist following April 30th because of the people who are withdrawing their acceptances.

You guys, April 30 is THIS SUNDAY!!! I'm freaking out, who else is? April seems to have moved soooo slowly.

Reactions: 3 users
It's supposedly April 30th, when all applicants that are holding more than one acceptance to a medical school need to decide on only one school. So basically a lot of schools move people off of the waitlist following April 30th because of the people who are withdrawing their acceptances.
So how do applicants notify the schools? Do we need to notify AMCAS about an official decision or just email schools one by one?

Will traffic day actually be on May 1st since the 30th is a Sunday? I need to know which night to pop an anxiety pill before heading to bed.

Going through this thread since the beginning , can anyone speculate how many got accepted to MCG but will withdraw there acceptance by Sunday.

Going through this thread since the beginning , can anyone speculate how many got accepted to MCG but will withdraw there acceptance by Sunday.
Honestly probably not because SDN still has a relatively low MCG representation based on class size. I would wait until Thursday, and if you don't hear by then, assume you didn't get in this cycle and start preparing for 2018 100%.

Honestly probably not because SDN still has a relatively low MCG representation based on class size. I would wait until Thursday, and if you don't hear by then, assume you didn't get in this cycle and start preparing for 2018 100%.
I wouldn't say Thursday. From previous threads it looks like a lot of acceptances go out in the beginning of May but there are still a few sent out throughout the rest of the month. If I don't hear back within the first week I'll go ahead and start the AMCAS application and if I still don't hear anything in June I'll submit it.

Reactions: 4 users
accepted off the waitlist!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
How long does it normally take to hear back about the campus assignment? I was accepted almost 2 months ago and have heard nothing. I don't understand why it would take so long to determine and send out this information.

How long does it normally take to hear back about the campus assignment? I was accepted almost 2 months ago and have heard nothing. I don't understand why it would take so long to determine and send out this information.
Same here as well. I called a couple weeks ago and they said that there's no set time, which I knew but was still trying to get some information. I'm thinking that we hear soon since a lot of people were accepted off waitlist recently so they have a better understanding of their numbers.

Same here as well. I called a couple weeks ago and they said that there's no set time, which I knew but was still trying to get some information. I'm thinking that we hear soon since a lot of people were accepted off waitlist recently so they have a better understanding of their numbers.
"A lot"? How do you know?

Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 7 users