2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you call them and receive that as an answer? With last week having acceptances on Wednesday and Friday, I can definitely see them meeting that frequently and sending out acceptances the next day. However, I'm also wondering how much of those meetings are devoted to accepting vs. waitlisting potential students; probably a question that cannot be answered here. Also, does anyone know why their time table is a little different than the last 2 years? At this point in the past 2 cycles, they had already accepted all their students and had established and sent a waitlist out. F0r now, I'm just going to chalk it up to maybe we're all really good candidates this year and they're having a hard time, haha....hopefully

I believe they had to switch to an interim dean after the cycle had already started, or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you call them and receive that as an answer? With last week having acceptances on Wednesday and Friday, I can definitely see them meeting that frequently and sending out acceptances the next day. However, I'm also wondering how much of those meetings are devoted to accepting vs. waitlisting potential students; probably a question that cannot be answered here. Also, does anyone know why their time table is a little different than the last 2 years? At this point in the past 2 cycles, they had already accepted all their students and had established and sent a waitlist out. F0r now, I'm just going to chalk it up to maybe we're all really good candidates this year and they're having a hard time, haha....hopefully

I used to work at the school and still have access to the room reservation system. They're definitely still meeting to both accept and wait list students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
I believe they had to switch to an interim dean after the cycle had already started, or something.

Oh yeah, I remember them saying something about that during the presentation before interviews. I didn't think it would affect the decision making process that much.

I used to work at the school and still have access to the room reservation system. They're definitely still meeting to both accept and wait list students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks! Thats relieves some pressure. Hopefully we will be hearing some good news soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCG got me like...

Reactions: 6 users
Did you call them to make sure? I thought mine was lost for a while but it was just very delayed.
I did. I had my package deliver with a tracking number and all. I see who signed for it and everything but they were like "we don't have it". They're gonna try to track it down they said. I just don't need this rn lol

Last edited:
They really need to make it payable online.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a campus assignment yet?

Is canalside a good place to live? Worried it might be too noisy at night bc it is right next to the hospital...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I actually looked at a unit at Canalside, and it's quiet inside of the units even despite the street. And WRT to the campus assignment I got it about a month or so ago as well.

Is canalside a good place to live? Worried it might be too noisy at night bc it is right next to the hospital...

I have a few friends who live there, and they love it. They've never complained of noise, and I've never heard a lot of noise when I was over there.

Do you guys think we'll hear something today?

How was second look day for those who went?
It was fun! The day was pretty informative and we got to see a birthing simulation and cardiac simulation on robots. They took us on a housing tour as well and had a nice dinner reception at the end. Personally, I was hoping to find a potential roommate there but I didn't vibe with anyone enough

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It was fun! The day was pretty informative and we got to see a birthing simulation and cardiac simulation on robots. They took us on a housing tour as well and had a nice dinner reception at the end. Personally, I was hoping to find a potential roommate there but I didn't really vibe with any of the other participants enough to want to live with them.

I kind of wish it wasn't just for URMs...

I kind of wish it wasn't just for URMs...
Definitely would have been nice to meet other potential classmates! Although there was an older white guy there as well so I think it was geared for URM's and non-traditional students

Any news for the upcoming week? April 15th just seems too far away...

Reactions: 4 users
To those who have been accepted, can anyone explain to me how to set up my augusta.edu email? I'm not even sure if we're supposed to have access to that yet, but I have been able to login in to POUNCE, but not into outlook yet. Thanks

Hopefully yes, I am wondering if any one know how many students they accepted so far this cycle.
Idk I think the class may be just about full. I'm expecting to get waitlisted since my interview was later in the cycle, but who knows!

To those who have been accepted, can anyone explain to me how to set up my augusta.edu email? I'm not even sure if we're supposed to have access to that yet, but I have been able to login in to POUNCE, but not into outlook yet. Thanks
How do you log into Pounce?

Definitely would have been nice to meet other potential classmates! Although there was an older white guy there as well so I think it was geared for URM's and non-traditional students
I am also a non trad but wasn't invited.

They sent me instructions after they received my depsosit a couple weeks ago!
How long after you sent it in? Still haven't gotten that email...

How was second look day for those who went?

Had way too much fun than I would have expected and it was really informative! I feel like it is all becoming more real since I've gone.

Anyone have any ideas when more news will come? I know some rejection emails went out yesterday to those who did not get interviews

Anyone have any ideas when more news will come? I know some rejection emails went out yesterday to those who did not get interviews
I'm wondering the same thing. Interviewed in Feb and my portal changed to include the transcript tab about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear.

That makes my third waitlist with no acceptances thus far. :(

iPad Pro or MacBook for this school? I will be mainly studying at home...