2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have any one in this thread who got wait listed , I thought MCG didnot get to that stage yet to release the WL list,
if you are , when did you get WL?
I know one person who got WL already. He interviewed late January so I think just went ahead and gave him a status

Members don't see this ad.

I know one person who got WL already. He interviewed late January so I think just went ahead and gave him a status

Crazy I wouldn't expect they would have waitlisted anyone yet. Everything I thought I knew was a lie!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Crazy I wouldn't expect they would have waitlisted anyone yet. Everything I thought I knew was a lie!!!
I was extremely surprised when he told me.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted just now via email!!!! exactly 5 months after my interview date lol

Reactions: 5 users
Are acceptances sent out in batches...? No email for me yet...

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those accepted!

I agree with the theory posted earlier about it meaning that a decisions been made on your file. Mine showed up last Thursday night, which I think is the day that the committee meets. One way or another, you'll be hearing back soon. Don't lose hope though, there's gonna be a ton of waitlist movement.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all accepted!! Do you think that if we haven't heard back by today it's an automatic WL?

Also do you think they weigh heavily on a GPA decrease between initial application submission and the December updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wish that if we are waitlisted, they would just tell us. Please just end the silence

Reactions: 3 users
I think if the pattern of previous years holds up, we will get waitlist emails later this afternoon

I think if the pattern of previous years holds up, we will get waitlist emails later this afternoon

I've been holding my breathe for so long I can practically survive the cold hard vacuum of outer space.

Reactions: 7 users
Kinda don't want to check my email right now.....but the suspense is killing me

Kinda don't want to check my email right now.....but the suspense is killing me
I've been refreshing my email all day. Still nothing. At this point the business day is almost over, idk if we'll hear anything more.

It could still be possible to get an acceptance offer after today, right...? March 15 is just the AAMC deadline to report that the school has sent at least enough acceptances to fill the class. Perhaps MCG is still deliberating who they want to select for their "over-admission" pool?

It could still be possible to get an acceptance offer after today, right...? March 15 is just the AAMC deadline to report that the school has sent at least enough acceptances to fill the class. Perhaps MCG is still deliberating who they want to select for their "over-admission" pool?
Yes its still fairly likely. Based on some of the numbers posted it seems like roughly 40 percent of the class doesnt get accepted before this day

So I guess no WL today. I'm so confused, does this mean more acceptances to come before traffic day?

So I guess no WL today. I'm so confused, does this mean more acceptances to come before traffic day?
According to the AAMC site , medical schools have 5 days to report all acceptances from March 15th so may be we will be lucky and will have few more days of acceptances.

I just wish that if we are waitlisted, they would just tell us. Please just end the silence

My best guess is that they haven't quite decided to WL you, but they keep reviewing your file to see if they can offer a direct admit. They're not a malicious bunch, that's for sure. I bet they're trying to avoid the WL for you but need to review the remainder of the applicants. Interviews being done, I don't anticipate a long wait.

For what it's worth, the admissions committee has a room booked nearly every Tuesday and Thursday until the end of April, so they're obviously still meeting for a while to review files. Don't lose hope!

Edit: I should note that everything I said (except the room reservation) is speculation. Of course, isn't 99% of SDN speculation?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes. Absolutely it's possible, in general terms. I'm not sure where they're at this cycle, but it's possible. I've also had several friends (now in residency) come off of their wait list.

Has anybody on this thread been accepted to the Athens campus for the AU/UGA Medical Partnership? I just received word that I will be attending that campus, and am looking for potential roommates/housemates.
How long after your acceptance did you hear about your campus placement? I was accepted 2 weeks ago and my deposit was received 1.5 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. Did they wait until your transcripts and background check were received?

My best guess is that they haven't quite decided to WL you, but they keep reviewing your file to see if they can offer a direct admit. They're not a malicious bunch, that's for sure. I bet they're trying to avoid the WL for you but need to review the remainder of the applicants. Interviews being done, I don't anticipate a long wait.

Doesn't this line of reasoning imply that they've already established a waitlist, though? It sounds like no one, save a person here and there, has been told they're on the waitlist so far. So it's not so much there are some people they like enough that they'd rather not waitlist them as they haven't released their mass dump of waitlist notifications yet?

Accepted at 8:59 AM!! Completely unexpected and here's to hope that there are still acceptances left to go around before the wait list! Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just accepted! Still don't know why MCG was so random with the timing, lol. LizzyM ~77, great ECs, science publications, and good interview...

Interviewed Sept and just heard back today while some of my other friends who interviewed months after me heard back way before today, with LizzyMs 66-70.

Just accepted! Still don't know why MCG was so random with the timing, lol. LizzyM ~77, great ECs, science publications, and good interview...
en
Interviewed Sept and just heard back today while some of my other friends who interviewed months after me heard back way before today, with LizzyMs 66-70.
Congratulations! When did you get the email?

How long after your acceptance did you hear about your campus placement? I was accepted 2 weeks ago and my deposit was received 1.5 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. Did they wait until your transcripts and background check were received?

They waited until after my background check. Probably 1-2 months after selecting your campus preference. My transcripts were sent in after receiving my assignment.

I hope my 3.96 GPA isn't getting me yield-protected from schools because I haven't gotten in anywhere so far. :/ I only applied in-state and lowish/middish-tier because my MCAT is only a 509 and my ECs are cookie cutter. So I'm in the position of wondering whether I just interviewed THAT horribly or whether my GPA is getting me yield-protected.

What do you mean by this?

The more people that get accepted, the more nervous I get :(

Reactions: 2 users
The more people that get accepted, the more nervous I get :(
You and me both..At this point I'm just waiting for that wait-list email. Hopefully there's enough movement as everyone claims :(

Congrats to everyone accepted! Flubbed my interview and it doesn't look like it's happening for me this cycle. Hopefully we can be friends in 2018!

Congrats to everyone accepted! Flubbed my interview and it doesn't look like it's happening for me this cycle. Hopefully we can be friends in 2018!
You don't know for sure yet. I would hate to re-apply again, but I'm not gonna give up hope on this cycle just yet. I know there is a lot of waitlist movement, and they haven't even established a waitlist yet.

I completely bombed my closed-file interview in October and I think that killed my chances of getting into MCG. I'm lucky to have an acceptance elsewhere but the realization that I could likely get rejected from my top choice sucks.

Yep. I thought my pritzker interview went better than my UVA one but I got into UVA and am probably waitlisted at pritzker. You really can't tell
Have you decided where you are going to go?

For what it's worth, the admissions committee has a room booked nearly every Tuesday and Thursday until the end of April, so they're obviously still meeting for a while to review files. Don't lose hope!

Edit: I should note that everything I said (except the room reservation) is speculation. Of course, isn't 99% of SDN speculation?

Did you call them and receive that as an answer? With last week having acceptances on Wednesday and Friday, I can definitely see them meeting that frequently and sending out acceptances the next day. However, I'm also wondering how much of those meetings are devoted to accepting vs. waitlisting potential students; probably a question that cannot be answered here. Also, does anyone know why their time table is a little different than the last 2 years? At this point in the past 2 cycles, they had already accepted all their students and had established and sent a waitlist out. F0r now, I'm just going to chalk it up to maybe we're all really good candidates this year and they're having a hard time, haha....hopefully