2016-2017 Mayo Medical School (MN) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL got a missed call from Rochester MN and immediately called back....turns out he had the wrong number ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh that has to hurt some.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just think they could be in a meeting right now talking about us. Mayo don't make us wait forever.

Reactions: 1 user
Just think they could be in a meeting right now talking about us. Mayo don't make us wait forever.
Haha, yeah. 20 people in a room reading SDN posts and maliciously laughing in unison about how much they are making applicants suffer. I like that imagery. MMWwwwaaaahahahahaha x 20

Detailed SDN Mayo Report as of 7:00 p.m. (eastern) on 2/8/17

Arizona (19 total appointments):
Mon. 2/6 (13 appointments):

csdanim – likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry email]
GrumpyGus – likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry email]
ChrisMack390 – likely letter [interviewed in September; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Pre-MD/MPH – likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry email]
Smash Williams – likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry email]
Nak2k – likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry email]
Bythelightofthemoon14 - likely letter [interviewed September; received interest inquiry email]
Gurby – likely letter [interviewed in October; received interest inquiry email]
33ducks - no likely letter [interviewed in November; did not receive interest inquiry email]
LetsDrift – likely letter [interviewed in November; received interest inquiry email]
Wisco41 – likely letter [interviewed in December; did not receive interest inquiry email]
brunodude – no likely letter [interviewed in January; did not receive interest inquiry email]
thenucleusaccumbens’s friend – no likely letter [unknown interview date; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Tues. 2/7 (4 appointments):
Divine Comedy – likely letter [interviewed in September or October; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Hello…it’s me… – likely letter [interviewed in October; received interest inquiry email]
OrangeMed – likely letter [interviewed in October; did not receive interest inquiry email]
absolutelynot – no likely letter [interviewed in October; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Wed. 2/8 (2 appointments):
Abomb - likely letter [interviewed in October; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Atrevido - likely letter [interviewed in November; did not receive interest inquiry email]

Arizona Summary:
Likely Letters: 15 received; 4 not received
Interest Inquiry Email: 9 received; 9 not received; 1 unknown
Interview Month: September 7-8; October 5-6; November 3; December 1; January 1; Unknown 1

Minnesota (13 total appointments):
Mon. 2/6 (10 appointments):

LeweezeB – likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry email]
namaste08 – no likely letter [interviewed in September; received interest inquiry e-mail]
O.T.I. – likely letter [interviewed in November; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Cheezit – likely letter [interviewed in November; received inquiry interest email]
airbornedude – likely letter [interviewed in November; did not receive interest inquiry email]
Autotoxicus – likely letter [interviewed in November; received interest inquiry email]
Stargazerlily1990 – likely letter [interviewed in December; did not receive interest inquiry email]
BearMD428 – likely letter [interviewed in December; received interest inquiry email]
SaskStudent11 – no likely letter [interviewed in January; did not receive interest inquiry email]
halobi – likely letter [unknown interview date; unknown as to email interest inquiry]
Tues. 2/7 (3 appointments):
CycleWizard – no likely letter [interviewed in September or October; did not receive interest inquiry email]
flip15 – no likely letter [interviewed in October; received interest inquiry email]
rahulk – no likely letter [interviewed in October; received interest inquiry email]
Wed. 2/8 (0 appointments):

Minnesota Summary:
Likely Letters: 8 received; 5 not received
Interest Inquiry Email: 7 received; 5 not received; 1 unknown
Interview Month: September 2-3; October 2-3; November 4; December 2; January 1; Unknown 1

Last edited:
Hi y'all, just happened to check back on this thread randomly and oh my, all this tallying up is so meticulously well done! I'm sure next year's applicants will appreciate all your efforts, @MedicalWaste. I didn't get into details in my earlier post, but if it matters for your stats, I did receive an email from my student interviewer, as well as an email from the dean who wanted to gauge my interest in Mayo, after my interview.

Whoever's still waiting to hear back... I know it's super anxiety-inducing to be kept in the dark, especially in this particular cycle with all the rejections/resurrections, but keep your chins up! The class sizes are tiny, but apparently there are huge WL movements at Mayo, which ultimately somehow always end up filling the class with the most wonderful people (source: my student tour guide during interview day, who was one of the chillest people I've met all through the interview trail). And whatever the results may be, the fact that you interviewed at Mayo is a concrete proof that you're a very strong applicant, so best wishes to all!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi y'all, just happened to check back on this thread randomly and oh my, all this tallying up is so meticulously well done! I'm sure next year's applicants will appreciate all your efforts, @MedicalWaste. I didn't get into details in my earlier post, but if it matters for your stats, I did receive an email from my student interviewer, as well as an email from the dean who wanted to gauge my interest in Mayo, after my interview.

Whoever's still waiting to hear back... I know it's super anxiety-inducing to be kept in the dark, especially in this particular cycle with all the rejections/resurrections, but keep your chins up! The class sizes are tiny, but apparently there are huge WL movements at Mayo, which ultimately somehow always end up filling the class with the most wonderful people (source: my student tour guide during interview day, who was one of the chillest people I've met all through the interview trail). And whatever the results may be, the fact that you interviewed at Mayo is a concrete proof that you're a very strong applicant, so best wishes to all!

I have edited/updated my 7:00 p.m. post to reflect the correction. Thanks!

Silence today. Maybe some luck tomorrow.

Same. I did not send an LOI though and I think that's what might have done it.
I bet if you send a letter of interest while on the waitlist, you will have a good chance. 50% of last year's class is made up of people from the waitlist. :) That's my goal: Be one of those in-off-the-waitlist people...

I bet if you send a letter of interest while on the waitlist, you will have a good chance. 50% of last year's class is made up of people from the waitlist. :) That's my goal: Be one of those in-off-the-waitlist people...
You and me both. I have already sent one LOI but I will send another if I have to, but we have to get there first.

Even though I was told that one's outcome in one campus has no effect on another, it amazes me how there is still no overlap between AZ and MN. Plus Mayo's "obsession" with matriculation rate -wink wink-

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Even though I was told that one's outcome in one campus has no effect on another, it amazes me how there is still no overlap between AZ and MN. Plus Mayo's "obsession" with matriculation rate -wink wink-
I may have asked you this already because I did ask someone, but would you pick MN over AZ?

I would actually choose AZ over MN based on the diversity of clinical experience. Maricopa county + Phoenix children = winner!

There are only 13 MN acceptances and 19 AZ acceptances posted here - not nearly enough to say there is no overlap between the two campuses in terms of acceptances offered, particularly when we don't even know how many of these applicants interviewed at both campuses.

Wait until more acceptances come out and see if there is actually no overlap before assuming that the school lied to everyone.

There are only 13 MN acceptances and 19 AZ acceptances posted here - not nearly enough to say there is no overlap between the two campuses in terms of acceptances offered, particularly when we don't even know how many of these applicants interviewed at both campuses.

Wait until more acceptances come out and see if there is actually no overlap before assuming that the school lied to everyone.
I'm glad you are here to defend the school from us nerotics who are stressed and hoping for an acceptance.

Mayo rejected just now via email. Congrats to those that make it through! Was a fun ride!

I got a reject email but... it had the wrong name on it?
like reject me fine but either 1) am I rejected or is this random dude rejected or 2) at least get my name right ..

Holy **** rejections are coming out?

I got a reject email but... it had the wrong name on it?
like reject me fine but either 1) am I rejected or is this random dude rejected or 2) at least get my name right ..
Mine too... praying it was sent to the wrong person...

lol if everyone got the email under the same name, poor that guy rejected several hundred times

People who got the wrong name - what's the first letter of the first name? Just to see if it's all the same name? (that's okay right?)

I have bad news. I called them and while it is the wrong name if you received the email it was meant for you. My heart has broken into a million pieces.

I have bad news. I called them and while it is the wrong name if you received the email it was meant for you. My heart has broken into a million pieces.
rest in peace Quaper. rest in peace...

That stinks... I wonder when mine will come

Starts with K rhymes with Menneth.

Poor Kenneth... and all of us.

Well I had better go move on. I will miss all of you. And just for the record I blame the whole zombie thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected post interview. Good luck everybody still in the running.

Kenneth show yourself we will commiserate together

Reactions: 3 users
did anyone who just got rejected get any of the emails we've all been stressing about? sorry if it's too soon to ask :-/

Where's that I hate mayo meme when you need it.