2016-2017 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How many people do they alternate list?

How many people do they alternate list?

Would love to know that. They apparently keep the waitlist numbers and ranks under lock and key so there's no telling.

got the axe. best of luck to those of you placed on the waitlist. cheers to anyone else charging towards "press the button" day on June 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't make the cut, but good luck to those of you still awaiting a decision and congrats to those accepted!! #GeauxTigers

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congrats on your success! Where did you decide to go if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you! I don't mind at all. I decided to go with Howard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend just got a rejection letter too despite us both successfully passing our masters program together. He now has to retake the MCAT since his is virtually going to be obsolete this summer (as is mine). What I told him is what I will tell anyone till the end of time: No medical school is capable of invalidating your qualifications to be a doctor, especially since this process completely is fallible. Case in point, I still think I was not any more qualified than I was the last cycle and the cycle before it yet was accepted this year over last year and year before

Last edited:
Just got accepted here via phone call. Definitely will be attending, baring something crazy with my other waitlist. :banana:Non-traditional, IS. Interviewed in early March. Was dusting off the AMCAS application and had my appointment with Dr. Eubanks all lined up. There's still hope for everyone else who is waiting. Don't give up. For those who are attending, can't wait to start with you guys. :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted here via phone call. Definitely will be attending, baring something crazy with my other waitlist. :banana:Non-traditional, IS. Interviewed in early March. Was dusting off the AMCAS application and had my appointment with Dr. Eubanks all lined up. There's still hope for everyone else who is waiting. Don't give up. For those who are attending, can't wait to start with you guys. :soexcited:
Off of the waitliat? Congratulatons man!

Hi all, just registered to ask... I received a priority alternative list letter a little over a week ago, don't have it on hand to check the date it was sent. This morning I received a background check consent email, LSU New Orleans is the only school I interviewed at this year and thus the only school I'm waitlisted for. I was wondering if anyone had any insight whether this has been sent to everyone currently on the waitlist or if it's cause to be hopeful... Thanks and good luck to everyone

Waitlisted and received the email this morning as well.

Anyone here have knowledge of how the adcom is going about their business at this point? In other words, if we should be anxious every Friday or if it's just random calls from here on out.

Well, ladies and gents, see you on the 2017-2018 thread. Good luck! Don't forget the 2018 AMCAS opens for submission 06/01 @ 0830.

Did anyone here apply after doing the Pharmacology SMP at Tulane (or any of the other SMPs they offer)?

Did anyone here apply after doing the Pharmacology SMP at Tulane (or any of the other SMPs they offer)?
Thereare some students each year that did SMP at Tulane (neuroscience and pharmacology seem popular). There are also a number of students that did the "Master's in Biomedical Science" at LSU-New Orleans. It's essentially LSU's version of a SMP.

I'm still waitlisted. Emailed admissions several weeks ago and have heard nothing back.