2016-2017 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is this double drop date? I thought the big day for movement was today...

Members don't see this ad.

What is this double drop date? I thought the big day for movement was today...

Either April 30th Or May 1st, regardless I don't think we really see the effects immediately.. (could be wrong?) I'm just going on the assumption they'll gradually start trickling in from now through the end of the month.

So am I just making up that the big advocacy meeting is May 5th, I thought I heard that from somewhere. At this meeting they accept the same number of people that withdrew their acceptance to LSU (hopefully its a large amount of students). Once all of the 200 seats are filled from that meeting, some of the remaining "NFA" students are compiled into a waiting list. As the summer goes on, the waiting list then dwindles down. If you are to far down the waitlist or if you didn't even make the waitlist, you get the rejection letter. Did I get this right?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Either April 30th Or May 1st, regardless I don't think we really see the effects immediately.. (could be wrong?) I'm just going on the assumption they'll gradually start trickling in from now through the end of the month.
Double hold day is mid May.

Just wanting to vent.. I was clicking around some of the other forums on SDN and it seems like withdrawals and acceptances were in tandem. I'm assuming those schools already had their waitlists formed and so it was just a matter of informing the next person on the list that they had been accepted. I'm feeling more anxious than ever now. How're yall holding up?

Reactions: 1 user
FB group growing slowly as of today. Can't tell if it's current students joining or recently accepted ones..

I'm also very anxious. I called admissions and was told that final decisions should be out by next week. Seemed a little vague. Seeing that the Facebook group has over 200 members is a bit unnerving.

IMG_6647.GIF

Me when I see others getting acceptance letters..

I'm also very anxious. I called admissions and was told that final decisions should be out by next week. Seemed a little vague. Seeing that the Facebook group has over 200 members is a bit unnerving.

Silver lining...I guess we can take *some* solace in knowing that "final" decisions doesn't necessarily mean the end of the game. Waitlist will still be an option (right??)

Just called Mrs Paulette. The meeting is happening at this very moment. Hello anxiety!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess I'm just really confused. Today is the meeting to determine what happens with the current NFA students for the seats that people have dropped already? Then people hear back now to see if they are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. Then after may 15 or whatever when the double hold deadline passes we should see who are on the waitlist become accepted?

So I guess I'm just really confused. Today is the meeting to determine what happens with the current NFA students for the seats that people have dropped already? Then people hear back now to see if they are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. Then after may 15 or whatever when the double hold deadline passes we should see who are on the waitlist become accepted?

They reviewed every applicant who still has an NFA and made a ranked wait list. From this list, they likely accepted enough to fill recently dropped seats. They also likely rejected a number of currently NFAd applicants. The remaining waitlist will chill for a bit and then get funneled into the class again after the double hold day in mid May. From there, it will move very little. Everyone should receive either an acceptance, repeat NFA, or rejection next week.

They reviewed every applicant who still has an NFA and made a ranked wait list. From this list, they likely accepted enough to fill recently dropped seats. They also likely rejected a number of currently NFAd applicants. The remaining waitlist will chill for a bit and then get funneled into the class again after the double hold day in mid May. From there, it will move very little. Everyone should receive either an acceptance, repeat NFA, or rejection next week.
Thank you so much. Made it very clear.

I read on last year's thread that they e-mailed people saying they got accepted off the waitlist. So we may hear back sooner than we think.

What is the difference betweeen the April 30/May 1 deadline and ay 15 deadline? I thought the first deadline was when you could only hold a spot at one school but that sounds a lot like double hold which is said to be May 15??

Last edited:
Yeah what's this "double hold day" y'all speak of in mid may?... I thought that was what just happening.

I thought the same.
Yeah what's this "double hold day" y'all speak of in mid may?... I thought that was what just happening.
What is the difference betweeen the April 30/May 1 deadline and ay 15 deadline? I thought the first deadline was when you could only hold a spot at one school but that sounds a lot like double hold which is said to be May 15??

The meeting they had today was simply to make a ranked waitlist to pull people from when seats are dropped. They aren't interviewing anymore so this allows them to finish all big committee decisions on applicants for the cycle. As seats are dropped, they can just hand acceptances to the next person in line on the waiting list. If there were already vacated seats as of today, the top of that wait list is already moving.

The double hold day is the day that everyone with an acceptance offer has to Commit to LSU New Orleans or lose their deposits. Some seats were likely filled today from recent drops but a lot of applicants wait until the last minute to give other schools a chance to accept them. Thus, many of us won't get definitive answers until the double hold date has passed.

Just ran into an adcom member at work... obsessively trying to read into his body language regarding yesterday's outcome. I'm doing a great job at keeping calm, yall!

So today is when they make the wai
Just ran into an adcom member at work... obsessively trying to read into his body language regarding yesterday's outcome. I'm doing a great job at keeping calm, yall!
Was he able to say anything? Or were you able to get any information?

Ooo you would be the MVP if you could find out how many dropped seats they're dealing with.

Ooo you would be the MVP if you could find out how many dropped seats they're dealing with.

Unfortunately no. I was trying to be professional and not push the topic.. especially because it was a 2 sec convo with the usual "good to see you. you too" kinda interaction.

Unfortunately no. I was trying to be professional and not push the topic.. especially because it was a 2 sec convo with the usual "good to see you. you too" kinda interaction.

Haha yea you don't want to do that. We will find out soon enough.

HOLY **** ACCEPTED!!!!! JUST GOT A PHONE CALL!!!!! SO ECSTATIC!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call. Im shook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What time did y'all get calls? And when did y'all interview?

What time did y'all get calls? And when did y'all interview?
About a half an hour ago.

When did you interview?
I got a call at 11:43 missed the call and called them back and I was told I got accepted. I interviewed early march don't remember the exact date...it was interesting though because I walked in like 40 minutes late...

Reactions: 2 users
Did they leave voicemail? I wonder what order they're calling people in. Interview date order maybe?

When did you interview?
I interviewed back in december. I was sure I was getting a silent rejection from them bc I haven't heard anything since NFA'd at the beginning of the year.

Congrats to you two. Y'all get any more info for the rest of us? lol

Got a phone call as well! Accepted!!!!!! Still in shock. Shamelessly cried on the phone as soon as she told me.

What time was your call? And when did you interview?

Wondering if they are making acceptance phone calls in any order..alphabetical maybe? Was it Ms Paulette? I'm so nervous but also feeling like maybe they would've made all of the calls before lunch...? Ahh. It feeling good.

Yeah I was thinking maybe they were making calls by interview date.

So maybe a few of our phones will still ring. Hopefully.

Mother of god. In the middle of being posted in the ambulance, I was called saying I was accepted. I couldn't help but hug my partner.

3 years of rejections, I especially did not see this coming...

Reactions: 5 users
What time was your call at? Just trying to see if they're still making the calls or what congrats

I got a call at 11:43 missed the call and called them back and I was told I got accepted. I interviewed early march don't remember the exact date...it was interesting though because I walked in like 40 minutes late...

Did you get a voicemail? My phone was off for a while this morning. Just wishful thinking lol

Lurked on this site for years. Got the phone call at 11:30. Interviewed for the second time on February 14th. Good luck everyone!