2016-2017 Hofstra University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not moaning... and I don't know what you mean by "that guy/girl". Hofstra never said they would get back by March. Those top 20 schools explicitly say they will give decisions out in winter and EVERYONE gets decisions at the same time, not just the accepted people. That's where this school is disrespectful, by updating only the accepted students in the early fall and leaving the rest of the interviewed people hanging until they're forced to give out decisions because of the AMCAS reporting deadlines.
they said at the end of my interview day, very explicitly, "you could hear back within a week or not until march"

plenty of other schools do this (including "top 20s" that don't have set dates for decisions).

would you have rather had a decision that said you were "continued or deferred" for later review even though thats essentially the same as the silence you're experiencing from here?

Members don't see this ad.

At my interview in december, they said we would hear by mid January, early February at latest. not so

Reactions: 1 users
At my interview in december, they said we would hear by mid January, early February at latest. not so

That's probably when they let the people who were accepted know of the decision. The rest of us get silence:censored:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just for more perspective, I am an accepted student. However, on my interview day Dr. Woldenberg very blatantly told us, "We are rolling and we extend acceptances to applicants throughout the cycle. So when you go on SDN and freak out that your interview date comrades received acceptances and you did not, remember that I told you we tend to send acceptances to applicants throughout the cycle."

EDIT: This is in quotes but not EXACT words (except for the SDN part, she did say that)

Reactions: 1 user
All those who have lost hope say aye

Reactions: 2 users
Last year, a bunch of waitlists came out on March 4th which was a Friday. Today might be the day.

Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students
Thanks for the notifications.

Takes 2 seconds to find your answers but instead you wanted to dole out notifications to hundreds of ppl to save you minimal time and effort

Thanks for the notifications.

Takes 2 seconds to find your answers but instead you wanted to dole out notifications to hundreds of ppl to save you minimal time and effort

No problem

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
No inside information from anybody about when we WL/ rejects will be notified?

I LOVE how the admissions office here is too busy to give out waitlists or rejections...:poke:

Withdrew post-acceptance today. Good luck to all those waiting on decisions!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Joining the waitlist train. Welp

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know how many people are accepted from the WL historically? It wasn't on MSAR.

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know how many people are accepted from the WL historically? It wasn't on MSAR.
Looks like the first few days of May are when they take people off the WL. Seems like there's decent amount of movement too.

They waitlisted me 6 months after I interviewed. Geez.

Withdrawn! One more spot for you folks.

They waitlisted me 6 months after I interviewed. Geez.

Withdrawn! One more spot for you folks.

Same, I was pleasantly surprised by the school, but their whole process left a bad taste in my mouth. Couldnt imagine attending here even if I got accepted.

Rejected post-interview. Interviewed in September. The school seemed really nice, but their admissions process is dreadful

waitlisted as well! really hoping for serious movement or I'll be reapplying

Waitlisted but will be giving up my spot... good luck all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello! I have an additional letter of recommendation from my employer this year that I would love to add to my file. Does anyone know if Hofstra prefers it be uploaded to their website (they offer an option to do this, but of course that means then that I have access to read the letter) or whether they prefer we add it directly to AMCAS? I will call the office if nobody knows, but just wanted to check in case anyone else as already asked. Thank you!

Does Hofstra have merit scholarships? Or is aid strictly need based?

17359485_1244965642219875_3117492491945949413_o.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Any insider thoughts on this years match list from students or those acquainted?

the list speaks for itself. This is 3rd graduating class and you can see that students are matching everywhere. As a former graduate, I am proud of these guys.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what percentage of students are matching into their first choice residency?

If you're on the list, they haven't said no. Keep waiting.
Do you have a rough idea of how many people are accepted traditionally from the WL? Thanks!

Withdrew post-acceptance! Best of luck to everyone on the wait-list!

Reactions: 2 users
Also just withdrew post-acceptance! Good luck, everyone! :)

Good luck to everyone, withdrew after acceptance as well today.