2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So after an interview at GW, is it only Accept or Alternate pool? Does anyone get a straight Rejection post-Interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed mid-December...I feel like I should be hearing back soon...

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed early december...haven't heard back yet. Entering week 10!

Reactions: 1 user
Placed in Alternate pool as well

Does anyone know if you decide to accept anotber offer of admission in April if you will be removed from the alternate pool??

Members don't see this ad :)
Placed in Alternate pool as well

Does anyone know if you decide to accept anotber offer of admission in April if you will be removed from the alternate pool??
You can be on a waitlist for as long as you like. You can can't hold two acceptances past April 30th

Interviewed Dec 16th and have not heard anything yet.

Odds of getting off the list are slimmer than the odds of getting accepted straight after the interview.

I had my interview yesterday, and she said it would be about 10 weeks until we hear a decision.. which would be like, days before May 1st..

Otherwise, I REALLY like this school. Tons of great opportunities, nice people, and can you really beat the location?

Complete August, been on hold since I think October? Or possible even September. Any chance at an II remaining at this point?

Complete since October with utter silence. No, I have not been put on hold. The portal just says the admissions committee will be periodically reviewing my application along with those still under consideration. I sent in an update to speed things along. Hopefully, I will soon be rejected, or get an II in the next few weeks. It's all the unknown that's frustrating.... :confused:

Interviewed week of 12/4/16 and placed on alternate list. good luck to everyone else

Interviewed week of 12/4/16 and placed on alternate list. good luck to everyone else

Do you mind sharing your MCAT and GPA;
Not sure if accepting II since it seems they are placing in alternate list this late in the cycle....

Last edited:
II today!

On hold since September I think. Sent an update letter a couple weeks ago. My interview date is scheduled for early march.

LizzyM ~70 with low GPA high MCAT if anyone is wondering

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when GW usually sends out financial aid packet?

Have you heard anything yet? I havent, and also interviewed 16th
I have not heard anything yet. I suspect we will hear something this Wednesday 3/1/17. (They meet on Tuesdays)

Do anyone know if we have to fill out all the financial aid forms if we are on the waitlist?

Accepted people, what time did you get an email? thinking I might hear today idk

They have not given the decisions for mid December yet so I would not hold my breath for January decisions this week. Hopefully I am wrong though and we all find out today! This is my 11th week waiting.

They have not given the decisions for mid December yet so I would not hold my breath for January decisions this week. Hopefully I am wrong though and we all find out today! This is my 11th week waiting.
on the last page two people posted getting the alternate list after a mid-december interview

Alternate pooled just now, interviewed early Jan

and the wait continues: Alternate List

Alternate list today... sigh... I interviewed Jan. 11

Just withdrew post-acceptance. Good luck, y'all. :horns:

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted a few days ago! Interviewed in January, surprised to hear back so soon!

Accepted a few days ago! Interviewed in January, surprised to hear back so soon!

YEAHHHH AN ACCEPTANCE AND NOT A WAITLIST! (congrats!)

Do you mind me asking when in January you interviewed?

Does anybody know how many people are on the alternate list and how many people usually get off the alternate list?

The list is everyone who interviewed but didn't get an initial offer... But it seems like it moved by double digits the last few years... My MSAR is still active, I can try to figure out numbers tomorrow...

Reactions: 3 users