2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how much movement off the waitlist there is?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked the admissions counselor during my interview day and she said it varies by year but they said last year no one came off the waitlist :/

If you look at the SDN thread from last year there were a few acceptances off the waitlist reported, so unless they lied the number is definitely not 0 (but I'm still not keeping my hopes up)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school give out any financial aid? If so, does anyone know when they do?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What does it mean to be selected as an alternate? Is that the same thing as being waitlisted?

I was complete end of July, placed on hold probably sometime in Aug (not entirely sure exactly when I was placed on hold), submitted an update letter also indicating my continued interest on Jan 6th.. still haven't been removed from hold nearly a month later. Is this a bad sign :(

I was complete end of July, placed on hold probably sometime in Aug (not entirely sure exactly when I was placed on hold), submitted an update letter also indicating my continued interest on Jan 6th.. still haven't been removed from hold nearly a month later. Is this a bad sign :(
Don't know what kind of sign it is, but it's the same sign I have o_O literally exact same situation.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that interviewed in early December (12/8 and on) heard anything back yet? I've heard nothing but silence since my interview...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks! I'm just starting to get nervous over here! haha

EDIT: when do you think the committee will meet next?
I speculate they meet every monday, and give decisions on Tuesday/Wednesday, but thats just a guess based on how most decisions have come out on a tuesday or wednesday.

@stayinpositive1234

Just because you seem to be a recent interviewee, do you remember what time your interview day ended? Thanks!

The interview day ended way before the scheduled time. Basically you can leave once both your interviews are complete (along with the presentations, lunch, tour). My interviews were back-to-back.

Last edited:
@stayinpositive1234

Just because you seem to be a recent interviewee, do you remember what time your interview day ended? Thanks!

I interviewed in December and I was done by ~1:30 pm if I remember correctly. It'll depend on when your specific interviews are scheduled and how much time you have in between. I had the first interview slot just after lunch and then the next slot for my second one. Other people had their first interview 30 minutes after lunch and then a 30 min break until their next one.

I interviewed in December and I was done by ~1:30 pm if I remember correctly. It'll depend on when your specific interviews are scheduled and how much time you have in between. I had the first interview slot just after lunch and then the next slot for my second one. Other people had their first interview 30 minutes after lunch and then a 30 min break until their next one.

Have you heard back yet from your December interview?

When do you receive our acceptance package in the mail and what does it contain?

Also when do we receive information about financial aid?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an e-mail saying I was placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/8. Is there still hope of an acceptance down the road/can anyone shed some light on this?

Just got an e-mail saying I was placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/8. Is there still hope of an acceptance down the road/can anyone shed some light on this?
Could they be getting to Jan interviews soon? Their last December interview was December 16th, and the first one after the break was January 5th

Damn, didn't know they got that far into December. I heard movement is relatively okay. The school costs a ton so a lot of people decide not to attend, but then again, they waitlist a ton of people so the pool they choose from is huge.

Did you send any updates or anything?

I gave them an update before my interview so I'll likely do the same in the coming days

Declined my II today as I've been accepted to my first-choice program. Good luck everyone!

Interviewed early December....have not heard any news yet. No update on portal.

Rejected after being on hold since August

I got the rejection email too. Panicked for a moment because I thought it was a post-II rejection from another school, and then I was cool with it once I realized it was from GW. Don't really want to be around D.C. these days.

That was the most pleasant rejection email I've received yet

Rejected! I've been on hold since July. It's nice to have closure.

:( twiddling my thumbs. i would love to live in DC

I do not believe that fake rumors will be deterring any student away from here! At this age and at this education level, many of us are able to quickly decipher what is true and not...and have the initiative to ask! I'm so excited to be here next year, and the people who applied really are excited about coming here. However, I do understand that some students will value prestige or maybe UNR is closer to home for them. I LOVE YOU UNLV!!

Troll much?