2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checked portal to see that I'm on the alternate list, interviewed jan 24th. Will likely be withdrawing either way but just an fyi to those who interviewed around then!

Members don't see this ad.

Also just placed on the Alternate List. One of my favorite schools so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. OOS. Interviewed the week of Jan 24th as well.

Also in case any OOSers were wondering this like I was, Florida is NOT a state where it is at all easy to qualify for in state tuition. You would have to buy a home and live in it for at least a year prior to matriculating and be able to prove that you were there for reasons other than just for school and plan to stay permanently. I might not have even gone to the interview if I knew this ahead of time :smack:

Members don't see this ad :)
Also in case any OOSers were wondering this like I was, Florida is NOT a state where it is at all easy to qualify for in state tuition. You would have to buy a home and live in it for at least a year prior to matriculating and be able to prove that you were there for reasons other than just for school and plan to stay permanently. I might not have even gone to the interview if I knew this ahead of time :smack:

Or you can marry a resident ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected, pre-II
Did they send an e-mail or did they just update your portal? I expect that I'll be getting rejected pre-II because I haven't heard back from them since filling out my app and my portal has never changed from secondary application completed.

Reactions: 1 user
Did they send an e-mail or did they just update your portal? I expect that I'll be getting rejected pre-II because I haven't heard back from them since filling out my app and my portal has never changed from secondary application completed.
sames :/

They sent an email saying that all the interviews were finished and that official status changes on the portal would occur in March (so it's safe to say that if you haven't interviewed here, you're rejected)

Rejected, pre-II
They sent an email saying that all the interviews were finished and that official status changes on the portal would occur in March (so it's safe to say that if you haven't interviewed here, you're rejected)

That's super shady that they didn't email us all.

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• FAU_Decision.png
    FAU_Decision.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 194
So no one else got the email I took a screen shot of?

Looks like you specifically asked something like:
"Why haven't I gotten an interview?"

I guess March will be when they send out the official rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
At my interview, a little less than a month ago, they told us straight up that we were the second to last interview day. Regardless of what their website says, they're done.

I was there too and can corroborate this

I'm assuming they just had their committee meeting today for February 2nd's interview day so they should be filling all the seats soon.

I'm assuming they just had their committee meeting today for February 2nd's interview day so they should be filling all the seats soon.

Which means you and I will hopefully get some waitlist movement soon my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody who interviewed on February 2nd get waitlisted or accepted?

Anybody who interviewed on February 2nd get waitlisted or accepted?
Interviewed before that and my status is still admissions committee scheduled. They told us our meeting wouldn't be til next week, I think they are behind where you think they are.

Interviewed before that and my status is still admissions committee scheduled. They told us our meeting wouldn't be til next week, I think they are behind where you think they are.

Yeah probably.
I interviewed January 10th and found out on the 24th so that's why I thought that.

Waitlisted :bucktooth:
Has anyone else that's been placed on the alternate list called in to see which tier they're in (i.e. high, med, low priority)?

Waitlisted :bucktooth:
Has anyone else that's been placed on the alternate list called in to see which tier they're in (i.e. high, med, low priority)?

They won't tell you.

At this point, the only way alternate list people might have a chance of getting accepted is if they're invited to second look day which indicates you're high on the list and just waiting for a spot to open.

It sucks that there's no real transparency here.

They won't tell you.

At this point, the only way alternate list people might have a chance of getting accepted is if they're invited to second look day which indicates you're high on the list and just waiting for a spot to open.

It sucks that there's no real transparency here.
Ok

CESCOM student here. Interviews are officially done. Good luck to everyone on the wait-list, and for everyone that didn't get an interview, best of luck with your remaining schools.

Can a current student shed some light on when we will hear about financial aid/scholarships? Will it be before May?

Nope. But have a status change that says the committee meeting review was complete. That wasn't there earlier today. Anyone else?

Nope. But have a status change that says the committee meeting review was complete. That wasn't there earlier today. Anyone else?
+1, not sure how long after that it takes to actually see the decision.

Got an email today about second look being on 4/29. Glad to have a date solidified but wish it were sooner.

That's good!
If you're invited it means you were high on their waitlist or accepted...

No luck for me.

That's good!
If you're invited it means you were high on their waitlist or accepted...

No luck for me.

I was accepted back in Oct and the email seemed to be addressed to accepted students, so don't lose hope cause I don't think anyone on the WL has been invited yet. Another school I'm considering invites WL applicants to second look when accepted students state that they won't be able to attend. Not sure if that's a common practice or not.

I was accepted back in Oct and the email seemed to be addressed to accepted students, so don't lose hope cause I don't think anyone on the WL has been invited yet. Another school I'm considering invites WL applicants to second look when accepted students state that they won't be able to attend. Not sure if that's a common practice or not.

Lit.

Thanks for the info!

So... They did say the 23rd right?...

Alternate list. Portal updated this morning.

Same. I'm pretty sure they didn't have any spots left
My interviewer told me straight up that they had the 64 filled, so this is exactly what I was planning on. But last year 60% of the class came from the waitlist, so it's more waiting,but definitely not the end of the road.

My interviewer told me straight up that they had the 64 filled, so this is exactly what I was planning on. But last year 60% of the class came from the waitlist, so it's more waiting,but definitely not the end of the road.

Ha heard same, too. Apparently they'll take like 150 off of the wait list

Guess we're all stuck waiting until April...

Was anyone from the alternate list invited to second look? Please keep me posted!

Same.

I need to know if there's hope at this point...

I wouldn't worry yet. It seems everyone who interviewed after a certain date, say mid to late December by my best guess, was going to be put on the alternate list. I imagine second look emails haven't gone out to wait list students yet.

Last edited:
I'll tattoo an owl on my ribs and use my last update to send them a picture of it so they know I'm really all about that FAU life...

Reactions: 2 users