2016-2017 Duke University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my application (accepted). Best of luck for those on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
So consensus is if we are going to get off the WL, we will get off today?

So consensus is if we are going to get off the WL, we will get off today?
I dont think duke would pull off today, only because they stated they Don't have rankings for waitlist position. They reevaluate applications when an opening is made. I may be wrong though. Just seems to early for many of the big schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think duke would pull off today, only because they stated they Don't have rankings for waitlist position. They reevaluate applications when an opening is made. I may be wrong though. Just seems to early for many of the big schools
Only asking because two years ago (no WL movement last year), people got calls ON April 30th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Speaking to the admissions office in passing, it seems they over-enrolled 122 students this year (target was 115), so I think Duke might go another year without waitlist movement unfortunately

Reactions: 2 users
Speaking to the admissions office in passing, it seems they over-enrolled 122 students this year (target was 115), so I think Duke might go another year without waitlist movement unfortunately
well that is unfortunate.

Reactions: 1 user
From previous years, MSAR reported the median matriculant's MCAT around 35 or 36, so probably around a 516 on the new MCAT. Generally speaking however, if you have above a 512 or 514, which is the 88th and 92nd percentile respectively, that would be considered competitive for any top 10 school. Anything above that would have a marginal advantage. At that point, it's your other things (GPA, personal statement and essays, extra curriculars, and then interviews) that really set you apart. Check out the MSAR for more data for all schools.

MSAR reports matriculated student(s) with 499 on the new MCAT how likely / often is that to happen?

MSAR reports matriculated student(s) with 499 on the new MCAT how likely / often is that to happen?
very unlikely; it was probably just one person and for a particular reason - URM with a 4.0, military, or maybe duke was just 'testing the test' to see how someone with a 499 would perform at Duke

also, you posted this in the previous years thread if you didn't know

very unlikely; it was probably just one person and for a particular reason - URM with a 4.0, military, or maybe duke was just 'testing the test' to see how someone with a 499 would perform at Duke

also, you posted this in the previous years thread if you didn't know

Sounds very probable so hopefully my URM Hispanic / female from South America status and my 3.95sGPA and excellent writing skills will do the miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk