2016-2017 Duke University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any chance a brave soul wants to call and find out whats going on

Members don't see this ad.

Got my acceptance email an hour ago. I think the reason it's taking a while is because each email has an attachment that's unique to each person

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance email an hour ago. I think the reason it's taking a while is because each email has an attachment that's unique to each person

What's the attachment?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called, the lady at the office said "all decisions will be emailed today by 5pm EST". Just a little over an hour left guys!

Reactions: 2 users
I just called, the lady at the office said "all decisions will be emailed today by 5pm EST". Just a little over an hour left guys!
Lol so evidently they aren't putting personal attachments with the rejections

Got an acceptance email a few hours ago!!!! No call at all, what a weekend..

Reactions: 3 users
Well, waitlist or rejection, here I come!

well, it looks like thats all she wrote. Congrats to all those accepted, and best of luck to all those not accepted...its been a long cycle

To those all waiting.

Called admissions office just now. To confirm, all acceptances will be released via phone and / or email by 5:00pm EST today (as in 17 minutes remaining as of my post).

All rejections and waitlist notifications will be via email by tomorrow, Tuesday, 3/7/2017, at earliest.

Wanted the misery to end here. I've been so disappointed to not get the call or email from Duke.

Called admissions office just now. To confirm, all acceptances will be released via phone and / or email by 5:00pm EST today (as in 17 minutes remaining as of my post).

All rejections and waitlist notifications will be via email by tomorrow, Tuesday, 3/7/2017, at earliest.

thats ridiculous...they cant just tell us today if we are rejected?

like im pretty sure rejections are a standard mass email anyway...jeez im so sick of this whole process. Ive been waiting since september and its exhausting and i cant do it anymore. I quit lol WL here is basically a rejection anyway so i take it as a rejection as of now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the waitlist email

Just got an email for the WL.

Congrats to all accepted!

I got my WL email for Duke. Not too upset, was expecting rejection.

Got rejected. Congratulations to everyone who got in, as a former Duke undergraduate I will tell you you will love Durham. make sure to go to Cameron and watch some basketball games for me <3

Reject... Well, at least I won't maintain any hope throughout the waitlist movement season.

so now what lol just some of us have to wait till tomorrow?

WL. So many WLs. Anyone know what's the chance of getting off here?

Never been so happy about a waitlist in my life! Also, email said they were expecting "considerable movement", so maybe there is hope after all?

Never been so happy about a waitlist in my life! Also, email said they were expecting "considerable movement", so maybe there is hope after all?

Where does it say that? Also WL but no mention of "considerable movement".

same, i guess tomorrow it is

I don't understand why they would only send a partial batch of them out but not to everyone? I suppose it's no use questioning admissions offices' actions hah

I don't understand why they would only send a partial batch of them out but not to everyone? I suppose it's no use questioning admissions offices' actions hah

i have no idea but ive come to the conclusion (finally) that there is NO use in trying to figure it out, any of it. cause we will never get it and what happens will happen regardless

WL. So many WLs. Anyone know what's the chance of getting off here?
MSAR says 10 accepted. At my interview they said that they over accepted last year and that no one got off the waitlist (though people in this thread have said they know people who got off the waitlist last year).

MSAR says 10 accepted. At my interview they said that they over accepted last year and that no one got off the waitlist (though people in this thread have said they know people who got off the waitlist last year).
The 10 accepted was for 2015.

Hey guys, so i called the admissions office and they told me that the accepted calls have been done as of yesterday at 5.