2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also waitlisted. I think spots are pretty much filled so those interviewing late are more likely to be waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

This is kinda weird, I know, but as someone who can't afford to drop more money to go to second look day, it would be really nice if students who do attend can give their perspectives (whether positive or negative) on their experiences. I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is kinda weird, I know, but as someone who can't afford to drop more money to go to second look day, it would be really nice if students who do attend can give their perspectives (whether positive or negative) on their experiences. I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.

Will do. For what it's worth I'm trying to decide between two schools so I'll do my best to keep it objective.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

if you're an accepted student and haven't been added to the facebook group, please message me.

No way to be objective about it. It's was phenomenal and totally convinced me to go!

I will be dropping my acceptance and hope that the seat goes to one of you on the waitlist! Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance here as well, I wish you all the best of luck and hope one of you get the spot!

Reactions: 3 users
Will be withdrawing too-good luck to everyone who's waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all - although I really loved this school, I've withdrawn my acceptance. Good luck!

Waitlisted a while back. Withdrew today. Good luck to those waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Btw do we need to reply to the WL email to confirm that we want to stay on the list? I tried to call yesterday but no one picked up the phone, then sent them an email but only got auto reply.

Btw do we need to reply to the WL email to confirm that we want to stay on the list? I tried to call yesterday but no one picked up the phone, then sent them an email but only got auto reply.

I got the auto reply too. They'll email you back soon.

Did anyone else see the $5000 required contribution for first year students on the financial aid page? I don't know about you, but I don't have 5k just sitting around...

I haven't heard anything. Sent them a pretty significant update a few days ago, so hopefully it helps my case
Did you ever got confirmation other than the auto reply? Also I wonder if they're doing their WL differently this year with the new chair? Seems a little too quiet... :(

Did you ever got confirmation other than the auto reply? Also I wonder if they're doing their WL differently this year with the new chair? Seems a little too quiet... :(
I just called afterward to make sure that they got it

any waitlist movement? it has been so quiet. I called last week and they said some WL result should be out this week.

I got a call from someone a few minutes ago asking I still wanted to be considered. So I guess there's something.

Had you already sent in something earlier stating your interest in staying on the waitlist at all?
I sent the initial response to the WL offer a few months ago, but nothing since. They said they saw that I was accepted to another school, and wanted to make sure I was still interested.

I got a call from someone a few minutes ago asking I still wanted to be considered. So I guess there's something.
that's new. So did they say that you are accepted? Or is that just a confirmation kinda call?

For admitted students is there anything we need to do that's time sensitive besides immunization a. My email out of date so I'm out of date too. Thanks!

For admitted students is there anything we need to do that's time sensitive besides immunization a. My email out of date so I'm out of date too. Thanks!

I think just getting your vaccine records for now, but I think we will be getting our email accounts this week and once we do we have other forms and stuff to fill out.

Someone needs to slip Geisel a laxative so that movement can pick up (for those on the waitlist)

Reactions: 4 users
Someone needs to slip Geisel a laxative so that movement can pick up (for those on the waitlist)
I wonder if there's been minimal/no movement or it has all just gone completely unreported on here. Anyone tried calling in for more info yet?

Is applying to Geisel worth it if my application centers around urban populations?

Just got the call!!

Edit: But this is the school I know the least about, given my travel debacle. Can anyone give me some more info on the school that you got during the interview day?

Last edited:
Received mine through Dartmouth's email account.
The FA director said my awards package would be sent out yesterday, but I haven't received anything about my email account.

Nvm: got it.

Last edited:
The FA director said my awards package would be sent out yesterday, but I haven't received anything about my email account.

Nvm: got it.
I was also accepted off of the waitlist last Thursday. I just sent them my response form indicating I will be attending. Did you receive a response from the Geisel admissions team after you emailed them the response form? I do not want to turn down my other medical school acceptance until I get an official acknowledgement that Geisel received my response form.

I was also accepted off of the waitlist last Thursday. I just sent them my response form indicating I will be attending. Did you receive a response from the Geisel admissions team after you emailed them the response form? I do not want to turn down my other medical school acceptance until I get an official acknowledgement that Geisel received my response form.
Congrats!
I got an automatic reply when I sent the response form.

Just an update for those of you still anxiously waiting, just got the phone call this morning so hopefully there will be more movement! Dreams really come true. Hang in there for all you others!

Reactions: 5 users
Just an update for those of you still anxiously waiting, just got the phone call this morning so hopefully there will be more movement! Dreams really come true. Hang in there for all you others!
Thanks....crossing my fingers to be removed from the waitlist.

Did any of you accepted students realize that one of your vaccinations are out of date so that you need to get a new round of vaccinations that will not be done in time for August? Supposedly it is common for HepB vaccine to wear out after 15 years, so my HepB antibody titer is too low (and HepB vaccinations are three shots over 6 month time period). Am I totally screwed? They wouldn't make me wait a year to matriculate at Geisel because of this, right?

Did any of you accepted students realize that one of your vaccinations are out of date so that you need to get a new round of vaccinations that will not be done in time for August? Supposedly it is common for HepB vaccine to wear out after 15 years, so my HepB antibody titer is too low (and HepB vaccinations are three shots over 6 month time period). Am I totally screwed? They wouldn't make me wait a year to matriculate at Geisel because of this, right?

I got a Hep B vaccine last week.
Just send your lab report for your HepB titer and documentation of your vaccine.
That's what I did. Just get titers 3 months after your vaccine to verify that it worked.