2016-2017 Charles Drew/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptances going out until the end of the day tomorrow is what I heard.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
nope no word yet. I can't believe no one has posted about acceptances lately! Are there still acceptances being given out?
Someone posted a recent acceptance (Drew/Prime) on the PRIME thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students? If so, can anyone confirm the number of spots left?

Reactions: 1 user
Called in the admissions office & was told that some offers had been made (uncertain on the number).
The committee is going to convene again next week to accept - we should get another round of phone calls late March.

Called in the admissions office & was told that some offers had been made (uncertain on the number).
The committee is going to convene again next week to accept - we should get another round of phone calls late March.
Do you think it is going by order of interview date or what?

Thanks for letting us know we still have a shot! :)

The wait is agonizing.
Would it make sense to update them on a summer job if it's an advisor at a camp for high schoolers interested in medicine?

Hey all, I am posting to ask if anyone knows anything about the Charles Drew 1 year Masters of a Science in Biomedical Science program. Does it have linkage? Are there high matriculation rates into the medical school? Please do let me know or point me to where there may be more info. Thanks y'all!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

No update! Come on. Does this mean everyone had been accepted already?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that the application cycle can be frustrating, but try to be patient if you can. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 users
So no one got accepted today either? I'm wondering if they're having delays. Has anyone heard if the class is filled?

So no one got accepted today either? I'm wondering if they're having delays. Has anyone heard if the class is filled?

Yea they said its filled and everyone is on the waitlist right now.

Sooooooooo...is there a waitlist or any updates? Havent heard anything.

Sooooooooo...is there a waitlist or any updates? Havent heard anything.
Longtime lurker, first post. Spoke with Joe Corrao and he informed that they made all offers already. Stated both Drew and UCLA had their second look last week and right now people are on the waitlist. Said there may be movement with the upcoming deadline on 4/31 and that anything can happen up until June (they have made offers that late). Hopefully there is some movement!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Longtime lurker, first post. Spoke with Joe Corrao and he informed that they made all offers already. Stated both Drew and UCLA had their second look last week and right now people are on the waitlist. Said there may be movement with the upcoming deadline on 4/31 and that anything can happen up until June (they have made offers that late). Hopefully there is some movement!

Good luck everyone!

Aight its a wrap goodbye yall it was a long journey lol. I wish all of you guys luck in your endeavors.

I just got the call! I got in a few minutes ago!

Reactions: 8 users
So happy for you both! Congrats!

ACCEPTED!!!!! :biglove:

Can't wait to begin this next chapter!

Reactions: 6 users
Wow Congrats everyone! Finally glad there's some movement :highfive:

Congrats to everyone. How did you guys even know youre on a waitlist?

Do you all know how many people go from the Masters of biomedical science program into the Medical school?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Congrats to everyone. How did you guys even know youre on a waitlist?
When I interviewed I was told that no one that was interviewed would be rejected. We would either be admitted or waitlisted.

Congrats to those accepted!

Last edited:
Still some hope, y'all! Per Admissions, there were two recent offers made but no SIR sent in. We should hear by tomorrow if they accept; if not, they are going to open consideration to the waitlist.

The waitlist hasn't had any movement since the last two offers were made (therefore, nobody has moved on the waitlist whether or not they have updated). If the two positions do open, they will re-open discussion of the waitlist before making an offer.

The waitlist hasn't had any movement since the last two offers were made (therefore, nobody has moved on the waitlist whether or not they have updated). If the two positions do open, they will re-open discussion of the waitlist before making an offer.

Hi Leenda, I'm curious how are you getting the information that two offers were made? From Mr. Corrao? Also, do you have any more updates on this?

You can just call the admissions' office and they will give you an update.

Does anyone know if there is going to be any movement on the waitlist in June as of now?

They are still accepting updates!

Already received my rejection email last week.
If you don't mind me asking, was this a rejection from UCLA/Drew Prime? Or Charles Drew only?
I applied to Drew only but haven't had any rejection email. At this point in cycle though, I feel silence can be considered a rejection.

I have not received a rejection yet either & called the admissions office to clarify. They told me that they did send out a batch last week, but there are a few files that still have not had a final decision on them yet.

I sent in updates to Joe yesterday and he stated that he forwarded to the Chair of Admissions.. I guess there is still hope??

If you don't mind me asking, was this a rejection from UCLA/Drew Prime? Or Charles Drew only?
I applied to Drew only but haven't had any rejection email. At this point in cycle though, I feel silence can be considered a rejection.
Charles Drew. Yeah it most likely is a rejection.