2016-2017 Charles Drew/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What? I just interviewed 2/11 and he said theres like 16 spots left. I hope you dont mean theres 10 spots left now.

16 out of how many total

I forget whether it is 24 or 28

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I realize that they have started giving out acceptances, but during the recent interviews did they say when they would be making the rest of their acceptance decisions?

Does anyone know where we can send letters of intent to?
Email or by mail?

Thanks!

I did get accepted this past week by phone call and email. I can't be any happier:). It's unreal. I've dreamed of this moment for years now. Didn't think it would ever happen though. I love Drew.
I remember them saying they will accept a few in late January but mostly in late February/march. So I do not know how many people have been accepted.

Congrats!!
Do you know if getting accepted into CDU also means you get into David Geffen?

Thanks!

Congrats!!

Thanks!
You are a UCLA student yes. But that doesn't mean you got accepted into regular m.d David geffen. I interviewed separately for regular md in February. Have not heard back yet. But it doesn't matter to me because I would choose Drew/UCLA in a heartbeat over regular md.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!

Thanks!

Great question! Indeed, you are accepted into DGSOM. However, similar to what @BecauseImHappy has said, you are a DGSOM AND CDU student. That is different from being a general admit to DGSOM, so you can still receive an admissions decision from DGSOM as well. If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM me! :)

Great question! Indeed, you are accepted into DGSOM. However, similar to what @BecauseImHappy has said, you are a DGSOM AND CDU student. That is different from being a general admit to DGSOM, so you can still receive an admissions decision from DGSOM as well. If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM me! :)
Thank you for the response!
☺️

You are a UCLA student yes. But that doesn't mean you got accepted into regular m.d David geffen. I interviewed separately for regular md in February. Have not heard back yet. But it doesn't matter to me because I would choose Drew/UCLA in a heartbeat over regular md.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why everyone that got accepted put UCLA/Charles Drew instead of Charles Drew/UCLA I'm dead lol

Got accepted today via phone! Do they have a different pool from Geffen for scholarships?

Reactions: 8 users
Got accepted today via phone! Do they have a different pool from Geffen for scholarships?
Which scholarships are you referring to? Do you mean scholarships such as Geffen, or are you thinking about CDU-based scholarships?

Got a rejection from DGSOM today. I'm guessing this means I shouldn't wait to hear anything from Joe?

Got a rejection from DGSOM today. I'm guessing this means I shouldn't wait to hear anything from Joe?
Did you apply to UCLA Prime? I got the rejection email as well and when I check the Prime portal, the Final Decision Letter row was updated to "sent." My assumption is that this has nothing to do with Drew.

Which scholarships are you referring to? Do you mean scholarships such as Geffen, or are you thinking about CDU-based scholarships?

I was initially talking about Geffen related scholarships. There are CDU-based scholarships??

He mentioned that individuals can get into both programs or one or the other during my interview day. So there's still hope!

I was initially talking about Geffen related scholarships. There are CDU-based scholarships??

He mentioned that individuals can get into both programs or one or the other during my interview day. So there's still hope!

Feel free to inbox me, we can talk in more detail. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you apply to UCLA Prime? I got the rejection email as well and when I check the Prime portal, the Final Decision Letter row was updated to "sent." My assumption is that this has nothing to do with Drew.

Is this rejection to Prime post-interview?

Ah yes I remember him saying that. Thanks for the reminder!

Any acceptances from the January interview date?!

Congrats!!! :soexcited: Did Joe mention how much the deposit was and when you would need to make the deposit by if you decide you want to hold your spot?

Congrats!!! :soexcited: Did Joe mention how much the deposit was and when you would need to make the deposit by if you decide you want to hold your spot?

He did not mention a deposit. This may be wrong, but I think the only schools that request deposits are for DO programs. Atleast that has been my experience thus far.

Reactions: 1 users
He did not mention a deposit. This may be wrong, but I think the only schools that request deposits are for DO programs. Atleast that has been my experience thus far.
Thank you!

I think there has been a wave of acceptances from DGSOM this morning! Hopefully there's some coming out for us soon :luck: Does anyone know how many acceptances they've given out?

Reactions: 2 users
I think this week is the final week for calls and then folks are added to the waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had the very last interview date and they said that none of us would be accepted until March 10th.

Reactions: 3 users
I had the very last interview date and they said that none of us would be accepted until March 10th.

I was at the last interview as well and I thought they said don't expect anything until March 15. I hope I'm wrong though.

I was at the last interview as well and I thought they said don't expect anything until March 15. I hope I'm wrong though.
Aye man March 10th or March 15th? Someone was half asleep while Mr. Corrao was talking one of ya'll wrong lol

They definitely said March 10th. Idk if you heard 15th from somewhere else though.

Either way, they have the luxury of sending acceptances any time after the 10th, whether they send them out on the 10th or not.

They definitely said March 10th. Idk if you heard 15th from somewhere else though.

Either way, they have the luxury of sending acceptances any time after the 10th, whether they send them out on the 10th or not.

Does anyone know how many spots are left? Hopefully this year there is some waitlist movement.

I really hope some of the people who get accepted use studentdoctor. I want to know. @_@

I wonder if it would a terrible idea to call Joe and ask if all acceptances have been released?

I wonder if it would a terrible idea to call Joe and ask if all acceptances have been released?
Same. I just want to know if there's still some hope!

Reactions: 2 users
nope no word yet. I can't believe no one has posted about acceptances lately! Are there still acceptances being given out?