2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone from the feb 17th interview remember when the committee meeting is? I remember it's today (the 6th) but I am second guessing myself.
Yes it's today!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back yet who interviewed the 24th? I'm pretty sure they told us that we would be evaluated around the same time as the other cycle, still nothing yet!

Has anyone heard back yet who interviewed the 24th? I'm pretty sure they told us that we would be evaluated around the same time as the other cycle, still nothing yet!

I got hold status this morning and I was there on the 24th. I'm assuming that since you haven't heard anything yet, they'll be calling you later today/tomorrow for an acceptance. Best of luck :)

I got hold status this morning and I was there on the 24th. I'm assuming that since you haven't heard anything yet, they'll be calling you later today/tomorrow for an acceptance. Best of luck :)
Oh, thank you for letting me know! Best of luck to you as well :)

Has anyone gotten a call yet ? This wait is killing me !!!!! (Interviewed 2/17)

Good luck to all those wait listed there's plenty of wait list movement and I'm hoping you'll all get in :):):):)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 24th and was put on hold this morning. How many out-of-states are on hold?

Received an acceptance via email at 2:31pm :) I interviewed the 24th!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an acceptance via email at 2:31pm :) I interviewed the 24th!
Congrats Meri! I was your interview buddy. I knew you would get in! You rocked it :) I'm on hold for now. Feels like they did that for a lot of out of state applicants. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Congrats everyone! I also heard of someone getting off the waitlist already today so don't lose hope!

Did anyone on this thread move from a hold to waitlist?
That's probably only going to happen in May, after people can only hold 1 acceptance. I'm also assuming we're going to be a lower tier on the waitlist.

That's probably only going to happen in May, after people can only hold 1 acceptance. I'm also assuming we're going to be a lower tier on the waitlist.

I received an acceptance yesterday after being placed on the wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I received an acceptance yesterday after being placed on the wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, but the previous poster asked about being put on the waitlist from a hold. That's a different process. I called the admissions office when I was put on hold and they told me not to expect anything before the middle of May.

Btw congratulation!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I heard the waitlist is not ranked, they re evaluate each applicant to see if there is a need for you in the CMED class (stats and IS or OOS) depending on who withdrew their acceptance. Idk how I feel about this system

I heard the waitlist is not ranked, they re evaluate each applicant to see if there is a need for you in the CMED class (stats and IS or OOS) depending on who withdrew their acceptance. Idk how I feel about this system
Yah i feel like it may be a longer process instead of just ranking the waitlist from the start :/

Yes, but the previous poster asked about being put on the waitlist from a hold. That's a different process. I called the admissions office when I was put on hold and they told me not to expect anything before the middle of May.

Btw congratulation!
I don't know about that, I got moved from hold to waitlist this week. I have no clue what their system is though. Anyways for anyone on hold, stay hopeful!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone:

I interviewed on the 24th and got accepted a couple days ago. When I logged in, I saw that I completed my secondary in mid-December so cutting it really close there :).

Congrats on all your achievements and hoping to meet you next year!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone:

I interviewed on the 24th and got accepted a couple days ago. When I logged in, I saw that I completed my secondary in mid-December so cutting it really close there :).

Congrats on all your achievements and hoping to meet you next year!
Congrats. Are you in-state or out-of-state?

I've been on the waitlist since November, and at this point, I'm getting really worried. Is there anything further I could do to really express my interest for the school?

I've been on the waitlist since November, and at this point, I'm getting really worried. Is there anything further I could do to really express my interest for the school?
I wouldn't worry too much! You've been on it a while, but if you think about it there really wouldn't have been much movement at all until like, right now. And since they re-review all of the apps every time they admit a waitlister, you should have an equal chance to everyone else. Fasten your seatbelt because my guess is that the real movement is going to start the next few weeks.

Also, there's no deposit submitted at accepting right?

I was also wondering this... I haven't got any info yet but I'm thinking it should be before April 30th?
My class's second look day was April 7-8th last year (Thursday and Friday). Thursday night was a relaxing night where you had the option of going out to eat at a local restaurant with M2/M3/M4s, and Friday was a whole day event to learn more about CMED. As far as I know from my class, we did not have to pay an initial deposit for holding your acceptance seat. Lastly, just wanted to let you all know that there will be considerable amount (don't know exact #) of waitlist movement late April to June (from the trend in my class last year). Some students have gotten off the waitlist a week to days before start of orientation, which is the beginning of August.

Reactions: 4 users
My class's second look day was April 7-8th last year (Thursday and Friday). Thursday night was a relaxing night where you had the option of going out to eat at a local restaurant with M2/M3/M4s, and Friday was a whole day event to learn more about CMED. As far as I know from my class, we did not have to pay an initial deposit for holding your acceptance seat. Lastly, just wanted to let you all know that there will be considerable amount (don't know exact #) of waitlist movement late April to June (from the trend in my class last year). Some students have gotten off the waitlist a week to days before start of orientation, which is the beginning of August.

Just got the "Save the Date" email. Thank you for your information @Fancy1squash. It will again be a two day event on April 20th and 21st. We will be getting another email the first week of April with a schedule, FAQ, and RSVP info. Hopefully I can bring a guest or two to help me gather up more info on this school. :)

Just got the "Save the Date" email. Thank you for your information @Fancy1squash. It will again be a two day event on April 20th and 21st. We will be getting another email the first week of April with a schedule, FAQ, and RSVP info. Hopefully I can bring a guest or two to help me gather up more info on this school. :)
lol can someone clarify what exactly second look day is? is that only for people who are on hold or for waitlisted people as well?

lol can someone clarify what exactly second look day is? is that only for people who are on hold or for waitlisted people as well?

In the email we got it says it is only for accepted students due to limited space, so I'm assuming no waitlisted or hold people got the invitation.

In the email we got it says it is only for accepted students due to limited space, so I'm assuming no waitlisted or hold people got the invitation.

Or do you think that means no parents/guests? I guess it could apply to both

Or do you think that means no parents/guests? I guess it could apply to both

Just speaking from last year... they didn't have room for guests/parents for second look day as space is limited. That might change this year, but I wouldn't make plans depending on that.

Just speaking from last year... they didn't have room for guests/parents for second look day as space is limited. That might change this year, but I wouldn't make plans depending on that.
Regarding second look day, does it make any sense for OOS students to come in? Would I be missing out on useful information if I did not attend?
Thanks!

Regarding second look day, does it make any sense for OOS students to come in? Would I be missing out on useful information if I did not attend? Thanks!

That probably depends on if you are seriously considering CMed vs another school. The second look day will give you a better look into the culture of the school, as well as curriculum, etc. It gives you a chance to ask questions and get to know some of the current students/profs without the stress of an interview day. I found it helpful (yet I am IS), as it confirmed for me that this was the school I wanted to attend. Yet, if expenses are too much, or the loss of that time would be difficult for you... I can understand why you might want to pass on coming. I am sure the admissions committee would also be more than happy to answer questions you might have if you are unable to attend 2nd look day.

Hello all when I got rejected I got this email that said "If you are interested in receiving additional feedback regarding your application, please visit our website for further information and the next steps for you to take. We ask that you do not call the Admissions office concerning feedback as we will not be able to adequately and thoughtfully discuss your application at this time. Information on this process will be available on our website after March 15, 2017." Does anyone know where this process is located on the website? Thanks and congrats to all the accepted students

Does CMU waitlist or place on hold all applicants that they interview? or do they actually reject some soon after the interviews? It seems like they put everyone on hold or waitlist until they fill their class.