2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone!! Congrats on your acceptances! I'm going to be an incoming D1 in dental school. I requested to join the medical group because me and one other girl are looking for more roommates!

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my acceptance. It hurts since I did really love the culture, the people and the community of BUSM. And Boston will always be my favorite city (that isn't in the SF Bay Area haha). But alas family and other personal factors were too important this time around. Best of luck to all y'all still waiting and to all the incoming students!

Reactions: 1 user
are they anticipating taking people off the waitlist this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that they take people off the waitlist in the order of interview dates? I read that on a previous year's thread

They pull from the wait list to balance the class according to a number of factors the admissions committee values. I highly doubt it comes down to the date of interview. Only people on the committee can be certain though.

Is it true that they take people off the waitlist in the order of interview dates? I read that on a previous year's thread

So does the BUSM AddComm really wait until June to start offering waitlisted students positions in their incoming class--even if spots become available on an earlier date?

i don't necessarily think so. some of the old threads show that a few people were contacted in mid/late may for an acceptance off the waitlist. they probably say that just to be safe. i don't think i would expect to hear back before june but i also wouldn't discount it as a possibility that we might hear back earlier

Withdrew earlier this week due to other acceptances. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Broke my heart a bit (hate to leave Boston), but I withdrew. Good luck to everyone! :)

Heart raced at email from BUSM. Just celebrate science email. Omg these people are giving me a MI

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew! I hope someone on the waitlist gets an offer!

I'm not 100% sure but I would say not for a few weeks at least

Have any accepted students received any kind of correspondence since the April 30th deadline?

anyone heard anything?

Is there a separate thread for BU waitlist movements? When will the list start moving if ever? Thanks!

I think it will be at least next week when movement starts (if there is any). I know as of this week they were still confirming with accepted students about tuition deposits and whether they wanted their spot. In previous years I know people who got off the waitlist around May 20th.

I had heard that they wanted to have a small waitlist this year with a lot of movement. Does anyone know if that's still the case or did they over-accept again this year?

I had heard that they wanted to have a small waitlist this year with a lot of movement. Does anyone know if that's still the case or did they over-accept again this year?
They continually said it would be small this year - no way to know if that's actually true....

They continually said it would be small this year - no way to know if that's actually true....
Yeah....I really wish schools were more transparent about this whole process. I just want to know when I should give up and start looking for a gap year job rather than being strung along.

According to the MSAR, they typically waitlist 50-100 applicants and accept 10. How many they actually accept will vary from year to year depending on yield, I imagine.

I read on the not accepted yet thread that someone got off the waitlist this week, but gyngyn hasn't mentioned it yet

Throwaway for some semblance of anonymity... but I did get off the waitlist at BU earlier this week, and accepted the spot. Hope some more of you get that call too!

Throwaway for some semblance of anonymity... but I did get off the waitlist at BU earlier this week, and accepted the spot. Hope some more of you get that call too!
Congrats! That's awesome! Do you know if they anticipate more movement? I know traditionally BU isn't known for much movement. Also, if you don't mind sharing, when did you interview at BU?

Congrats! That's awesome! Do you know if they anticipate more movement? I know traditionally BU isn't known for much movement. Also, if you don't mind sharing, when did you interview at BU?

Thank you!

I am not sure, all I was told was that a spot opened up and they were offering it to me. I interviewed in late January, one of the last days of interviews if I remember correctly.

Congratulations! I hope i get that call as well. Just wondering, are you the same person who's friend posted on the No acceptances yet thread, or are you a different person? I know that's the most neurotic question I could ask, but what can I say, I'm neurotic lol

Congratulations! I hope i get that call as well. Just wondering, are you the same person who's friend posted on the No acceptances yet thread, or are you a different person? I know that's the most neurotic question I could ask, but what can I say, I'm neurotic lol

Lol if one of my friends posted, they have not told me that they did.

Hey all, I've gotten 5 PMs asking questions, which I am happy to answer... but might be useful to post them here so that others can see too. These threads were very helpful to me this cycle, and that's why I'm posting (even if just under a throwaway account).

Hey all, I've gotten 5 PMs asking questions, which I am happy to answer... but might be useful to post them here so that others can see too. These threads were very helpful to me this cycle, and that's why I'm posting (even if just under a throwaway account).

Congrats! A little jealous, but I'm sure they saw something great in your application.

Did you submit a letter of intent or an update letter post waitlist confirmation?

Can you post their questions and answers on here if you haven't already? Thanks!

Congrats! A little jealous, but I'm sure they saw something great in your application.

Did you submit a letter of intent or an update letter post waitlist confirmation?

Thank you! I did not send a LOI or update letter, but I did send an additional LOR.

Can you post their questions and answers on here if you haven't already? Thanks!

Same as above (multiple), and one about comparing financial aid email content.

Anyone know how many people we can bring to the white coat ceremony in August? Is everyone bringing their parents, siblings, etc?

Anyone know how many people we can bring to the white coat ceremony in August? Is everyone bringing their parents, siblings, etc?
Don't know if there's a limit, but I'm bringing my mom and two sisters

I'm planning on bringing my parents and my SO, and if possible, my best friend.

any waitlist movement?

According to gyngyn on the not accepted yet thread, there has been a pretty decent amount of movement at BU. At least on 3 separate dates. No indication of how many actual people though.

He also says its good that they have early movement.

For accepted students, did you receive or see anything about ordering a white coat? The acceptance packets lists June 1, 2017 as the 'order white coat' date.

I called in yesterday, they said they are having an issue with the supplier and we should be getting an email about ordering hopefully sometime next week.

Hey all, any word on waitlist movement this June?

Hey all, any word on waitlist movement this June?

I haven't heard anything.

Did you all get the Waitlist follow up email? I received one in May 26 stating that their class is fully subscribe and that they do not know when they will be able to consider waiting list offers.

I haven't heard anything.

Did you all get the Waitlist follow up email? I received one in May 26 stating that their class is fully subscribe and that they do not know when they will be able to consider waiting list offers.
Yes I think everyone received that one.