2016-2017 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopping on the rejection train!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Baylor rejected anyone post-interview? I'm wondering if they save their rejections til the very end.

Has Baylor rejected anyone post-interview? I'm wondering if they save their rejections til the very end.
Yes they sent out a letter last year on June 17 letting everyone still waiting know that their class was complete.

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about financial aid and when that information will be released? Are we supposed to do anything beforehand?

If I interviewed in late September and haven't heard back, am I waitlisted or rejected at this point?

No. They put you in a ranked list after your evaluation. Although they accept a few of the superstars and extraterrestrial applicants, they said the majority of their acceptances happen in March. They start calling from the top of the list, and once they've filled their initial acceptances, they finally make their waitlist.

I don't get why they don't just start making a ton of calls right now though, because they're done interviewing, and their list should already be set... It makes me wonder if I misunderstood on interview day.

Silence--in this case--doesn't feel so golden. It would be nice to know!

Reactions: 1 users
Does Baylor require CSS profile for financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when more acceptances will be going out?
I believe late Feb/April is when the first big bulk of acceptances will go out. From what I understand, Baylor has not released *most* of their acceptances yet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall during my interview that they told us that we'd hear after 1 month at the *earliest* but that *most likely* we would hear in Feb/April.

I believe late Feb/April is when the first big bulk of acceptances will go out. From what I understand, Baylor has not released *most* of their acceptances yet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall during my interview that they told us that we'd hear after 1 month at the *earliest* but that *most likely* we would hear in Feb/April.

Hope you're right!

According to last years thread, they released a batch of acceptances about once a month in February, March, and April around the middle of the month a few days after an admission committee meeting. Then a handful of acceptances were given out in very early may from the waitlist before they filled the class. Not sure how many acceptances were released each batch but there were around 5 or so ppl each time that would comment on the thread about having received the acceptance phone call. Be on the lookout for a 713 area code phone call. This is all from viewing the '15-'16 thread not from personal experience, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Best of luck to everyone!

I got accepted earlier today around 5pm! Almost didn't answer because it was later in the day, but it was from a 713 area code so I went for it! Was super surprised! Interviewed 9/9. Lizzy M 73.6. This is my number 1 choice and I am very excited to meet some of you in the fall! Still can't believe it!

Reactions: 8 users
I got accepted earlier today around 5pm! Almost didn't answer because it was later in the day, but it was from a 713 area code so I went for it! Was super surprised! Interviewed 9/9. Lizzy M 73.6. This is my number 1 choice and I am very excited to meet some of you in the fall! Still can't believe it!
Oh also for those who have been following this tread and know about the error message on the status update page, I never noticed one and I checked relatively often (once a week or so).

Congratulations!! Do you mind specifying whether you were out-of-state or in-state?

Sorry! IS!
Congratulations! How did you think your interview go? After I interviewed there, I felt that I did great. Later on, and as days go by, and they do not call me ..., I think that my interview must have been terrible. I am just feeling very insecure now.

Congratulations! How did you think your interview go? After I interviewed there, I felt that I did great. Later on, and as days go by, and they do not call me ..., I think that my interview must have been terrible. I am just feeling very insecure now.
I feel like they haven't made the vast majority of their acceptances yet. Don't give up hope!!

Got an acceptance call about an hour ago!

IS, interviewed 11/11

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted. Interview in August. LizzyM=74-75. IS. Got the phone call half an hour ago!

YVyIh3b.jpg

When your phone is silent...

Last edited:
"Your current application status is not supported by the File Completion/Status Check function. You may email the Admissions Office at [email protected] for further information.

Please email the Admissions Office..
"

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS

"Your current application status is not supported by the File Completion/Status Check function. You may email the Admissions Office at [email protected] for further information.

Please email the Admissions Office..
"

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS

You're getting a call soon. It's all over the thread what this means lol

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed in October-November OOS heard back yet?

Accepted just now!!!! LizzyM 75 (MCAT 518, GPA 3.87), IS, interviewed in December and I can't feel my face I'm so excited

Accepted just now!!!! LizzyM 75 (MCAT 518, GPA 3.87), IS, interviewed in December and I can't feel my face I'm so excited
Great! Congratulations! I interviewed in January, OOS. How did you feel after interviewing? My experience: immediately after the interview I felt happy and positive. As days go by, I started to recognize the mistakes I made during my interview. My confidence and self steem will soon be impossible to be found. Please help!

Great! Congratulations! I interviewed in January, OOS. How did you feel after interviewing? My experience: immediately after the interview I felt happy and positive. As days go by, I started to recognize the mistakes I made during my interview. My confidence and self steem will soon be impossible to be found. Please help!
Ditto.

Honestly, I felt like my interview at UTSW was more polished. But at Baylor I felt like I was being more authentically myself. I wouldn't say that I ever reflected on mistakes because personally, that's not how I roll but I definitely felt more relaxed and was more laid back in my Baylor interview. I talked about my family and let my natural self out a little more (for better or for worse, haha, I'm definitely an awkward person!) Idk if that helps? On the phone call the Dean stressed that it takes them a long time to make a decision on a person because they consider people so holistically. I was the person who had given up hope on a school like Baylor and then BAM I saw a status change earlier today. Baylor's acceptances today will start rocking the boat at Dell and UTSW, so we should all just keep waiting for more news!!! Best of luck to everyone still waiting from their dream school! Major congrats to everyone else who heard today!!! <3 <3 <3

Honestly, I felt like my interview at UTSW was more polished. But at Baylor I felt like I was being more authentically myself. I wouldn't say that I ever reflected on mistakes because personally, that's not how I roll but I definitely felt more relaxed and was more laid back in my Baylor interview. I talked about my family and let my natural self out a little more (for better or for worse, haha, I'm definitely an awkward person!) Idk if that helps? On the phone call the Dean stressed that it takes them a long time to make a decision on a person because they consider people so holistically. I was the person who had given up hope on a school like Baylor and then BAM I saw a status change earlier today. Baylor's acceptances today will start rocking the boat at Dell and UTSW, so we should all just keep waiting for more news!!! Best of luck to everyone still waiting from their dream school! Major congrats to everyone else who heard today!!! <3 <3 <3
I wish you the best! You have really given me your honest opinion and feelings about your experience with/at Baylor. Thank you!

Also, the Dean said that they made the decision last Friday and clearly they made calls throughout the week...my status change didn't happen until midday on Thursday...so definitely keep your eyes out and phones on, everyone!

I felt like I really connected with one of my interviewers and the other one not so much! Try your best to not worry too much! I did and it drove me nuts and then once I let it go this happened lol I know it sounds like the impossible though! Rooting for you!

So we probably should not expect to hear about more people getting accepted until mid-March?

Does anyone know when they'll be notifying people about merit scholarships?

Gets call from a (713) Houston number.. telemarketer.

Devastating

Reactions: 3 users
Gets call from a (713) Houston number.. telemarketer.

Devastating
Lol. A guy once called me from an area code of a school I applied to with a pizza delivery I never ordered. I also got an insurance sales call from that area.

Does anyone know when merit scholarships are given out? Are they only given out immediately when people get accepted? Did any February acceptance peeps get a scholarship here?

C'mon BCM show some love to IS applicants !!!