2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any admitted student talk about what needs to be done for financial aid? Not need-based, just federal loans. Do we just need to send Einstein that questionnaire and have completed FAFSA?

Members don't see this ad.

Can any admitted student talk about what needs to be done for financial aid? Not need-based, just federal loans. Do we just need to send Einstein that questionnaire and have completed FAFSA?
Yes. Also fill out the mastery promissory notes. You will receive another financial aid email with further instructions (or should have already if you're admitted).

Members don't see this ad :)
And what's their lowest accepted GPA?
These are not exact values, just what the MSAR highlights as the highest to lowest range. Lowest GPA overall is 3.6 and science 3.5 if you follow this. I'm not sure if this accounts for some outlier 3.0 and 20 MCAT who cured cancer.

Will acceptances come out earlier this week since they skipped last week, or will they wait until Friday, to keep with their recent pattern?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else not receive any information or instructions from financial aid? I went ahead and submitted the forms listed on their website (questionnaire, tax forms, FAFSA), but I had to initiate all the correspondence and their office has not been very helpful.

Anyone else not receive any information or instructions from financial aid? I went ahead and submitted the forms listed on their website (questionnaire, tax forms, FAFSA), but I had to initiate all the correspondence and their office has not been very helpful.

Yeah I haven't received any email or communication from them either, did the same as you. Maybe they've just been busy because of the holidays.

Has anyone received a detailed curriculum calendar for next year, that says when tests are and what weeks which blocks are taught?

I emailed all my forms to their email and it took them a little more than a week to get back to me. They said not to do anything until they send me a package with further instructions.

I have also had a hard time communicating via email with admin (housing, basic sciences course, fin aid), but if you call, the folks at these offices are SUPER friendly & helpful! Maybe email just isn't their style...

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed all my forms to their email and it took them a little more than a week to get back to me. They said not to do anything until they send me a package with further instructions.
Did you get your package yet? They told me that they are waiting for the class to be finalized before they send me my package.

Did you get your package yet? They told me that they are waiting for the class to be finalized before they send me my package.
yay so that means the class isn't finalized and they're still accepting people from the waitlist?

I've already got my package, but I did take the initiative to send over my documents. Were you accepted later on the waitlist?

yay so that means the class isn't finalized and they're still accepting people from the waitlist?

I'm not sure but financial aid did say they don't have a final list yet. Although theoretically speaking there could be people that drop out the day before orientation, therefore technically the list won't actually be "final" until then.

Does Einstein have a buddy/mentor system for first-years?

When you guys said financial aid "package" you're referring to an email which would direct you to the portal displaying the financial aid you have been awarded yes?

I'm trying to make sure I understand because I got the email/portal message a while ago, but have not heard about about Grad PLUS loans from the govt.

When you guys said financial aid "package" you're referring to an email which would direct you to the portal displaying the financial aid you have been awarded yes?

I'm trying to make sure I understand because I got the email/portal message a while ago, but have not heard about about Grad PLUS loans from the govt.
That's what I'm referring to. Have you applied for PLUS loans already?

My financial aid package came with another email that explained how to sign up for the Grad Plus loan. But if you call Ms. Cullen she was super helpful.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

That's what I'm referring to. Have you applied for PLUS loans already?
Yes. Applying for Grad PLUS loans took about 90-120 seconds. I got the "your credit check passed" email from the govt. immediately, but it's been over a week and I've heard nothing else.

To my fellow waitlisters: do you guys think acceptances will be given out tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 user
I've already got my package, but I did take the initiative to send over my documents. Were you accepted later on the waitlist?
Well I was accepted mid-May maybe a bit earlier. My package only consists of government loans at this point, so when I asked for the possibility of institutional aid (grants, einstein loans) I was told that they were waiting for class finalization. Did you already get grants and einstein loans in your package?

Well I was accepted mid-May maybe a bit earlier. My package only consists of government loans at this point, so when I asked for the possibility of institutional aid (grants, einstein loans) I was told that they were waiting for class finalization. Did you already get grants and einstein loans in your package?
I see, same here all fed loans. So no institutional aid until August? I do remember seeing an earlier post or two mentioning scholarships shortly after their acceptances. I'm going to call them tomorrow for more info.

To my fellow waitlisters: do you guys think acceptances will be given out tomorrow?
I know someone got in this past Wednesday. Do you think they'll give out today too? I don't know how many times in a week they send out acceptances, but I am hoping!!!

Oh shoot, I didn't realize. This past Wednesday as in June 7th?
Yes, June 7th :( She is a really nice person, so I'm very happy for her. It does sadden me that another acceptance batch went out and I wasn't included. It's so hard to remain optimistic. But I'm gonna keep believing that I'll make it in!

So what do we think? They'll send out more acceptances today? Or do we have to wait until next Wednesday now?

Does Einstein have a buddy/mentor system for first-years?
My friend who is an MS1 said that there is a mentoring system that pairs first-years with older students! I think everyone gets a mentor automatically.

Yes, June 7th :( She is a really nice person, so I'm very happy for her. It does sadden me that another acceptance batch went out and I wasn't included. It's so hard to remain optimistic. But I'm gonna keep believing that I'll make it in!

So what do we think? They'll send out more acceptances today? Or do we have to wait until next Wednesday now?

My hope was predicated on the assumption that no acceptances had been given out this week... Gosh this is hard haha. I think I'll put my hopes on next week then.

My hope was predicated on the assumption that no acceptances had been given out this week... Gosh this is hard haha. I think I'll put my hopes on next week then.
solid use of the word predicated

Apparently they have gotten to the regular waitlist. Fingers crossed!

Apparently they have gotten to the regular waitlist. Fingers crossed!
It looks like they have. Have you heard of more ppl getting accepted recently? Is there a chance that acceptances will be given today or only Wednesdays and Fridays?

Also, what're the chances that there are still spots available? I'm really trying to keep my hopes up!

Best of luck to us this wk!

It looks like they have. Have you heard of more ppl getting accepted recently? Is there a chance that acceptances will be given today or only Wednesdays and Fridays?

Also, what're the chances that there are still spots available? I'm really trying to keep my hopes up!

Best of luck to us this wk!
chill. We are in the same boat..I don't know anything other than someone last week who isnt on sdn who got in

Did you guys emailed the health forms to Tina Crane? I emailed her all the documents last Thursday but haven't got a response yet. Or should I mail it?

Did you guys emailed the health forms to Tina Crane? I emailed her all the documents last Thursday but haven't got a response yet. Or should I mail it?
She said emailing it is fine, but in PDF format. I'm going to send mine later today. You can email her and ask for a confirmation.

I mailed a hardcopy just in case. They put "or you will forfeit your place" at the end of every sentence...pretty scary.
She said emailing it is fine, but in PDF format. I'm going to send mine later today. You can email her and ask for a confirmation.

Are there any M3 or M4s that have any insight into off campus housing? I have a couple questions...

You can also call to confirm, she's very nice on the phone and also hilarious.

Is it appropriate to call the office and ask when the admissions committee meets next/when they'll be sending out the next round of acceptances/if there are even any spots still available?

And will the admissions office even answer those questions? In the past, the main response I've received is "no, I don't know anything" and "the waitlist is meant for waiting"

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!