2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they still having the pre orientation program this year? I didn't hear anyone talk about it at second look.

Members don't see this ad.

Strap in and buckle up people! The admission process is about to move faster than you've ever seen!

Remember that every second over the next few days could be your call/email. I myself will be quelling my anxiety with cheese fries and hot dogs. I hope you're as well prepared as me!

Reactions: 2 users
Strap in and buckle up people! The admission process is about to move faster than you've ever seen!

Remember that every second over the next few days could be your call/email. I myself will be quelling my anxiety with cheese fries and hot dogs. I hope you're as well prepared as me!
Last year it didn't seem like this but are we behind this year ?

Members don't see this ad :)

Please keep hands and feet inside the waitlist at all times

Sadly she did say it would be A Friday or A Monday so technically.... damnet ... also no response to my email yet which I feel like
Means something is coming

Woo, she has a 2/5 chance to be right!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

But does that mean just the people who haven't heard anything will hear back today or that even people who have been waitlisted will receive decisions today?

But does that mean just the people who haven't heard anything will hear back today or that even people who have been waitlisted will receive decisions today?
I think they are one in the same at this point and they are just gonna go down the list as people decline their acceptance.. I think

Reactions: 1 user
I think they are one in the same at this point and they are just gonna go down the list as people decline their acceptance.. I think
Interesting.. I wonder where those of us who haven't heard back post-interview fall on the list? Maybe we're next in line for an acceptance... or maybe we just sucked so bad that we aren't even worthy of a response :)

Reactions: 2 users
Interesting.. I wonder where those of us who haven't heard back post-interview fall on the list? Maybe we're next in line for an acceptance... or maybe we just sucked so bad that we aren't even worthy of a response :)

Ya that's been really confusing. I can't figure out if complete silence post-interview (late March) is a good thing or bad thing right now, like do I want to be wait listed or do i want to be in the position for outright acceptance even though it's May. I'm just gonna continue twiddling my thumbs in waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still having the pre orientation program this year? I didn't hear anyone talk about it at second look.

Are you talking about the Biochemistry course? I think so, but I didn't get any info on it yet. The M1s recommended it to me since you basically get to hang out with people and be on a mini-vacation for 2 weeks before orientation.

For those who were accepted, how soon after the acceptance did you receive a financial aid package?

Now that we are post-traffic day, if we receive an acceptance offer we will only have a week to accept/withdraw according to the MSAR. Will we have a financial aid package offer when making that decision?

For those who were accepted, how soon after the acceptance did you receive a financial aid package?

Now that we are post-traffic day, if we receive an acceptance offer we will only have a week to accept/withdraw according to the MSAR. Will we have a financial aid package offer when making that decision?
were you accepted off the waitlist just now?

And for people who are accepted after the deadline they normally give you the financial aid info the day after they accept you without you needing to do the financial aid question sheet. (Don't quote me on this I only saw this happened a few times in the past years)

I know you said not to quote you.....but i just did. Do you think merit awards will be included for those accepted post-deadline?

I know you said not to quote you.....but i just did. Do you think merit awards will be included for those accepted post-deadline?
Hard to judge this year with how things are looking so different. They did give out awards in the past for wait list people and late interviewers ...
I gave up on waiting and set my sights elsewhere. Good luck to you all

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anybody waiting for MSTP decision?

Reactions: 1 users
Is this the email indicating we're on the regular waitlist?

"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status, and have placed your application on the wait-list.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage"

Oh interesting. I got waitlisted back in February and it seemed like most people had my type of email, and there were some that were accepted off that list as well around that time.

Wow ... I think we were right.. everyone that interviewed like march and after were for waitlist spots... idk what I'm gonna do

Seriously, has a straight acceptance gone out since the first week of Feb?
I have no clue. I figured I'd be interviewing for a WL spot so I took this as a chance to see NYC. Didn't even make HPWL so no point, at least I had a wonderful time and I loved seeing their campus. It is a great college!

It's a sad day when you're sitting there just hoping for the better of two waitlists.. Anyways, who else out there is still waiting to hear back anything at all??

I'm guessing there isn't a lot of movement from the regular waitlist...

guys, do we need to get cpr certified before orientation? I know at downstate that it's a requriement but idk about Einstein...

guys, do we need to get cpr certified before orientation? I know at downstate that it's a requriement but idk about Einstein...

I didn't hear anything about that from Admin. You should email them. My expectation is that it would get covered during ICM.

CPR cert is part of orientation. It was on the last day, Friday, last year.