2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
after such a sad day of rejections hopefully Friday will have some acceptances in stored for us ??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
after such a sad day of rejections hopefully Friday will have some acceptances in stored for us ??
Hasn't einstein ever sent acceptances on a Friday? I feel like it's only been Wednesdays... unless I'm getting my days confused lol

Hasn't einstein ever sent acceptances on a Friday? I feel like it's only been Wednesdays... unless I'm getting my days confused lol
upload_2017-4-20_23-22-29.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yes the 2 outright acceptance waves were feb1 and 15 both wednesdays . Friday is just wishful thinking

I still can't believe they haven't give a decision to everyone post interview, be it acceptance waitlist or rejected so late in the game. It's leaving a very sour taste in my mouth as I wait. Tells me the Einstein has no respect for it applicants! Makes me despise this place :yeahright:

My state school just granted my in state residency...gradually losing patience for Einstein.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So either we hear next Wednesday or after traffic day

Does anyone know the range of scholarship given? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the range of scholarship given? Thanks
From past years when you get your financial aid package it comes with a scholarship around $12,000. They also offer the research and fellowship award that I have seen range from 10K -30k. This is from my SDN research

Any point for us normies on the regular WL to stay on it? Seems like there isn't movement from reg. WL?

For those asking about merit scholarship, I received my financial package and it was entirely loans.

Interviewed early march. Just got the HPWL email

Maybe this will clear up some confusion from the past two pages.

The title was just "Einstein- Status Update"

Body started with

"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status, and have placed your application in the High Priority category."

Last edited:
For those asking about merit scholarship, I received my financial package and it was entirely loans.
My scholarship was in a separate email about a week after I got my financial aid (loans) offer.

Do you need to submit FAFSA in order to get merit scholarships as well?

Their policies on HPWL this year are kinda like Tump's executive actions toward Syria--first promised to stay clear of it, then abruptly threw them 59 bombs a week later and scared the sh**t out of everyone.

Withdrew, idk why they'd lie about a HPWL.
You withdrew because you felt they lied to you about there being only one waitlist? I wouldn't blame you if that's the reason

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Accepted student here. They just sent us an email about the April 30 deadline for holding multiple acceptances. When I attended the second look, there was a lot of people trying to decide between AECOM and top 20s, so I think there will be lots of WL movement post-April 30.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys,

Accepted student here. They just sent us an email about the April 30 deadline for holding multiple acceptances. When I attended the second look, there was a lot of people trying to decide between AECOM and top 20s, so I think there will be lots of WL movement post-April 30.
Janeteyre thank you for the insight; hopefully that means something good for those of us still waiting on post-ii initial decisions, too!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected earlier today, interviewed mid feb :(
Really sad about this one, but I wish everyone else luck!

I wish... I emailed them asking if any more decisions were coming out before May 1st or if more would just come after. We will see what they say
for folks still waiting post-interview?

I wish... I emailed them asking if any more decisions were coming out before May 1st or if more would just come after. We will see what they say
Nice, keep us posted! Although it looks like it's going to be on/after May 1st by default now :)