2016-17 UDel DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutrePT1217

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi future PTs,

I am wondering if anyone has heard from from University of Delaware DPT interviews. I attended an interview on September 12, 2016 and I still have not heard from them. They said that would hear back in about three weeks. I am getting nervous. Has anyone that been accepted to UDel for the DPT Class of 2020?

Anxiously waiting,
Future DPT

Members don't see this ad.

hey! My friend just found out he was accepted there and had his interview about 2 weeks ago! You could always call\email them to ask for an update?

Hi future PTs,

I am wondering if anyone has heard from from University of Delaware DPT interviews. I attended an interview on September 12, 2016 and I still have not heard from them. They said that would hear back in about three weeks. I am getting nervous. Has anyone that been accepted to UDel for the DPT Class of 2020?

Anxiously waiting,
Future DPT

Hey, I interviewed the same day and heard back September 26th with an acceptance! That's odd you haven't heard back yet but hopefully you will soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I interviewed the same day and heard back September 26th with an acceptance! That's odd you haven't heard back yet but hopefully you will soon!

Congratulations! I have an interview on Nov 7th!. If you could, can you tell me how the interview went and the kind of questions asked? And if you dont mind telling me your stats. Im so nervous!

Congratulations! I have an interview on Nov 7th!. If you could, can you tell me how the interview went and the kind of questions asked? And if you dont mind telling me your stats. Im so nervous!

Thank you! The interview, which is between you and another professor, really wasn't bad at all it was more of a conversation for me and only lasted about less than 30 minutes. I can't exactly remember all the questions that were asked for me but some were what was your favorite non-science course and how would you act to a person you didn't like or something like that. Other than that, I can't really remember it being anything other than a conversation. The whole interview day together felt kinda long for me but they give you a lot of information about the school and I was very impressed! I wouldn't be nervous at all, you'll do great! Just be yourself and relax, that's all you can do. :)

My stats: cGPA: 3.7, pre-req: 3.68. GRE: V:153, Q:158, AW 5.0. I had about 315 hours outpatient at two different clinics and 20 inpatient.

Good luck!!!

Thank you! The interview, which is between you and another professor, really wasn't bad at all it was more of a conversation for me and only lasted about less than 30 minutes. I can't exactly remember all the questions that were asked for me but some were what was your favorite non-science course and how would you act to a person you didn't like or something like that. Other than that, I can't really remember it being anything other than a conversation. The whole interview day together felt kinda long for me but they give you a lot of information about the school and I was very impressed! I wouldn't be nervous at all, you'll do great! Just be yourself and relax, that's all you can do. :)

My stats: cGPA: 3.7, pre-req: 3.68. GRE: V:153, Q:158, AW 5.0. I had about 315 hours outpatient at two different clinics and 20 inpatient.

Good luck!!!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the insight. Fingers crossed we could be classmates!

Reactions: 1 user

thank you for replying to my thread. I think it's weird i haven't heard back either. I'm nervous now. Do you know if anyone else that interviewed that day heard back?

Congratulations on your interview! Don't be nervous. The interview day at UDel is very informative. They spend a lot of time helping you get to know the school. The interview only 30 minutes and it goes by fast. Its just you and a professor. I don't remember all the questions but I do remember them asking about my community service and how I handle stress.

As far as my stats, i do not have the highest GPA. I retook several courses after completing my bachelor's degree back in 2012. My stats: cumulative GPA: 3.2, pre-req: 3.1. GRE: V:153, Q:156, AW 4.0. I had over 300 hours outpatient at three different clinics and 50 inpatient. I also currently work at a physical therapy clinic.

thank you for replying to my thread. I think it's weird i haven't heard back either. I'm nervous now. Do you know if anyone else that interviewed that day heard back?

I'm not sure! I think its strange that its been awhile since the interview and they haven't contacted you. Have you tried emailing them or calling them?

I heard that if you don't hear back within the 3 weeks mark then it means that you haven't been immediately accepted or rejected, but they're going to re-evaluate you with the next group of interviewees. So I think it means something along the lines of unofficial wait list. I interviewed on November 7th and am anxiously waiting an email - if I don't hear back I think it's not worst case scenario because it doesn't mean rejection!

I heard that if you don't hear back within the 3 weeks mark then it means that you haven't been immediately accepted or rejected, but they're going to re-evaluate you with the next group of interviewees. So I think it means something along the lines of unofficial wait list. I interviewed on November 7th and am anxiously waiting an email - if I don't hear back I think it's not worst case scenario because it doesn't mean rejection!
I interviewed on November 7th too! im so nervous! how did your interview go? if you hear anything let me know and I'll make sure to do the same!

I interviewed on November 7th too! im so nervous! how did your interview go? if you hear anything let me know and I'll make sure to do the same!
I honestly thought it went pretty well? I'm so nervous though!! How about you? I'll definitely keep you posted! I'm really expecting today to be the day since tomorrow a lot of schools are closed and Thursday is thanksgiving

I honestly thought it went pretty well? I'm so nervous though!! How about you? I'll definitely keep you posted! I'm really expecting today to be the day since tomorrow a lot of schools are closed and Thursday is thanksgiving
I thought it went pretty good too but of course the second i walked out the door i thought of a million good answers I couldve said! I hope we hear today too because of Thanksgiving break. I saw some forums that people said they usually hear within two weeks so fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it went pretty good too but of course the second i walked out the door i thought of a million good answers I couldve said! I hope we hear today too because of Thanksgiving break. I saw some forums that people said they usually hear within two weeks so fingers crossed!
Hahaha saaaame don't worry it seems to happen to everyone. I do hope so too. But if not today there's still a chance it could be tomorrow

I just got an email with an acceptance!!

Do you mind telling me what your stats are?
Sure!

GPA: 3.92
GRE: 162 verbal 162 quant
I had 1100 hours in a single outpatient setting

I think those are the basics, anything else?

Congrats!!! Are you considering going? I will be attending so we could be classmates :)
Its a very high consideration! I got accepted to Duke two days ago but they didn't do interviews so I'm going to visit there sometime soon and hopefully that'll help solidify my decision. Congratulations to you too!! :) so glad you've made a decision!

Reactions: 1 user
Sure!

Its a very high consideration! I got accepted to Duke two days ago but they didn't do interviews so I'm going to visit there sometime soon and hopefully that'll help solidify my decision. Congratulations to you too!! :) so glad you've made a decision!

Thank you! Congrats to you about Duke too! Both are amazing schools :)

Sure!

Our stats are pretty similar. Thanks for letting me know and congrats again!

Thanks have you decided between the two or still debating?
Still deciding Duke is having a DPT day on the 9th so I'm going to that to see the school and hear more about it (the kind of info UDel gave) and that should help me make a decision! Sooo by next weekend I'll probably have decided!!

Still deciding Duke is having a DPT day on the 9th so I'm going to that to see the school and hear more about it (the kind of info UDel gave) and that should help me make a decision! Sooo by next weekend I'll probably have decided!!
Good luck on your decisions! Keep me posted!

I have finally made a decision to decline Duke and accept UDel! :)
Yayy!! We'll be class mates! I haven't seen a fb page or gotten any other information since accepting. Had anyone else?

Congrats on your acceptance to UDel!. I am on the waiting list. They haven't seen me a ranking yet. I'm hoping some people decline. UDel is my only option right now. I was denied everywhere. Still waiting to hear from Touro College (both campuses: Manhattan and Bay Shore).

Have you guys hear of anyone else on the waiting list? Or anyone that plans on declining their acceptance?

Again, Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted to UDel. Hopefully, I will get off the waiting list and be one of your classmates. Fingers crossed!

Congrats on your acceptance to UDel!. I am on the waiting list. They haven't seen me a ranking yet. I'm hoping some people decline. UDel is my only option right now. I was denied everywhere. Still waiting to hear from Touro College (both campuses: Manhattan and Bay Shore).

Have you guys hear of anyone else on the waiting list? Or anyone that plans on declining their acceptance?

Again, Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted to UDel. Hopefully, I will get off the waiting list and be one of your classmates. Fingers crossed!
Did you end up getting an acceptance from UDel? Or are you reapplying this year? I'm reapplying this year and hoping to get into UDel DPT program as it is my top choice.
Please let me know!

Dan,