2015-2016 Wayne State University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who withdrew, did you get a response from them after the email? I am not sure if they received it!

Good luck to those on the waitlist!
I tried to withdraw from the waitlist twice via email, but had to call the office eventually because they didn't receive either one of my emails. So I'd call to be sure!

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my acceptance, best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance, best of luck to those on the waitlist!
uploadfromtaptalk1460568103162.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
The higher than average reaction picture vibe in this thread is rad.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard anything about Financial Aid? Did they talk much about it at the Second Look Days?

They mentioned nada. The financial aid presentation wasn't really informative and they didn't tell us anything about when we could hear back.

Does anyone know if the admissions tracker is kept up-to-date? (It currently says they've only given out 347 admissions offers.)

Does anyone know if the admissions tracker is kept up-to-date? (It currently says they've only given out 347 admissions offers.)
Hasn't been updated since fifth round of admissions offers (there have been six) =(

In a kind of funny turn of events, I got an offer from my second choice that I have to accept by Monday, so I'm most likely gonna be dropping off the wait list here.
Hope it helps one y'all wonderful folks out!

Reactions: 5 users
In a kind of funny turn of events, I got an offer from my second choice that I have to accept by Monday, so I'm most likely gonna be dropping off the wait list here.

I'm happy for you! You can breathe

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats dude! That's awesome

Officially withdrew my acceptance. Hope whoever takes my seat kicks butt in med school.

Best of luck y'all! And I definitely know how you feel - I'm on a waitlist myself!

Reactions: 2 users
Officially withdrew my acceptance. Hope whoever takes my seat kicks butt in med school.

Best of luck y'all! And I definitely know how you feel - I'm on a waitlist myself!
Thanks brother

Called today, the admissions office told me they will contact the winners of the 2nd look essay competition by Wednesday; also, FA office said the awards will go out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Also received my FA package, looks like they're going out today!

They screwed my FA up, anyone else have a problem? Was offered a full tuition scholarship in December that I accepted, and now its not appearing on the financial aid package....

They screwed my FA up, anyone else have a problem? Was offered a full tuition scholarship in December that I accepted, and now its not appearing on the financial aid package....
Just give them a call or email. The financial aid office people were super nice at second look day, I'm sure they'll fix it easily.

The wait for your full ride must be just killing you... lol

After about 20 minutes on hold they told me that a revised version of financial aid packages will be going out, so what's up now doesn't look like its the final version.

After about 20 minutes on hold they told me that a revised version of financial aid packages will be going out, so what's up now doesn't look like its the final version.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Didn't receive mine today. Anywhere we can look online to find the info or is there only a hard copy version?

Didn't receive mine today. Anywhere we can look online to find the info or is there only a hard copy version?

I haven't received mine either. I have the same question... Do you receive your FA package via mail, email, Wayne state portal.? I'm a little confused

Today is the Multiple Acceptance Deadline right?
Best of luck to errybody

Withdrawing my acceptance. IS. Helpin' out the fam. I'll miss Detroit--hard to say goodbye. Best of luck everyone!

Does anyone know when they will start offering admission to the alternate list?

Does anyone know when they will start offering admission to the alternate list?
A buddy of mine asked one of the dean's of admission who simply said "after 4/30." I'd bet Wayne will be a little slower than other schools, but hopefully some movement within the next two weeks. Today is really the first day in which individuals with multiple acceptances had to commit (as 4/30 was a non-business day).

OMG. JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST. I AM GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!

Reactions: 12 users
THANK YOU!!!! I CANT STOP CAPS LOCKING!!!! XD

I just got the acceptance email. I can't believe it. It's amazing. Interviewed in February, waitlisted in March, and accepted today.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted of the waitlist. I can now finally look into apartments in the Detroit area!

I just got the acceptance email. I can't believe it. It's amazing. Interviewed in February, waitlisted in March, and accepted today.
Accepted of the waitlist. I can now finally look into apartments in the Detroit area!
Same here!! Congrats to both of you...and remember, this is the START of waitlist movement, guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations everyone! When did y'all interview?

Early September. Yeah, it's been a loonng time waiting!

end of February here!! wow September, serious congrats! that must feel phenomenal :)

also quick question for anyone who may know-- i was accepted elsewhere previously, but just got accepted here today. now because it's the deadline date, does that mean i should be making a decision by midnight tonight? 0__0

end of February here!! wow September, serious congrats! that must feel phenomenal :)

also quick question for anyone who may know-- i was accepted elsewhere previously, but just got accepted here today. now because it's the deadline date, does that mean i should be making a decision by midnight tonight? 0__0
Usually you get a set amount of time for new offers after decision day. I'd at least pick one out of your previous acceptances, drop the others, and then email both that school and today's accepting school about the situation. Or just make the decision.