2015-2016 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! There is still hope for us in July! :)

There is still hope!! I was not expecting this acceptance! So happy :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Today was the first day of orientation. I've been on the waitlist for months with no word. Anyone in a similar situation? I mean, I'm certain I've been rejected but seems like they should send me an email explicitly saying so.

Today was the first day of orientation. I've been on the waitlist for months with no word. Anyone in a similar situation? I mean, I'm certain I've been rejected but seems like they should send me an email explicitly saying so.
Honestly, I'm kind of glad when schools don't. At this point when you already know, it's weird when they send things, almost like they're rubbing it in.

Hell, I lucked out and ended up somewhere, and it's still odd to get rejections this late (got 2 this week). Like "yeah thanks, I knew that already, but the reminder is just *super* necessary guys."

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point when you already know, it's weird when they send things, almost like they're rubbing it in.
Hmmm that's not how I felt. I was relieved to finally get my rejection letter from other waitlist schools. At least it provided closure. Seems strange to never receive an official rejection by email or portal when they explicitly said they would send one. Guess it doesn't really matter at this point, but I would have appreciated it if they had reached out to me or officially updated my status.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm that's not how I felt. I was relieved to finally get my rejection letter from other waitlist schools. At least it provided closure. Seems strange to never receive an official rejection by email or portal when they explicitly said they would send one. Guess it doesn't really matter at this point, but I would have appreciated it if they had reached out to me or officially updated my status.

I'm on the same page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More mature? I had the worst experience of my entire life at that school. psycho physiology professor that i hope is not still there. Narcisstic administration that blamed students for their errors. I hope to God this type of thing is not happening here anymore.

More mature? I had the worst experience of my entire life at that school. psycho physiology professor that i hope is not still there. Narcisstic administration that blamed students for their errors. I hope to God this type of thing is not happening here anymore.

Vermont had a system of grading when I was there that was High pass, pass, marginal pass, and F. when did that all dissolve? Also if anyone wanst to hear aboutthe worst experience ever at this school, they can email privately. I was a Strong applicant from Duke and got in out of state, only to be put through a narcissitic, sociopathic physiology professor from hell/discrimination event that I still have complex PTSD from. back in 1992, before don't ask don't tell, defense of marriage act, this school was a NIGHTMARE.
Applying OOS! I just added this school to my list.

@CharlieKelly or @womanofscience Vermont doesn't have true P/F, right? Do you feel like competitiveness will be an issue within your class?

Vermont had a system of grading when I was there that was High pass, pass, marginal pass, and F. when did that all dissolve? Also if anyone wanst to hear aboutthe worst experience ever at this school, they can email privately. I was a Strong applicant from Duke and got in out of state, only to be put through a narcissitic, sociopathic physiology professor from hell/discrimination event that I still have complex PTSD from. back in 1992, before don't ask don't tell, defense of marriage act, this school was a NIGHTMARE.
I mean, H/HP/P/F isn't a true P/F, so I don't see any inconsistency between what you said and what you quoted. Not sure why you're suddenly posting multiple times about your bad experience with this school from 25yrs ago now that nobody participating in this thread can change their decision about attending it or not.

I mean, H/HP/P/F isn't a true P/F, so I don't see any inconsistency between what you said and what you quoted. Not sure why you're suddenly posting multiple times about your bad experience with this school from 25yrs ago now that nobody participating in this thread can change their decision about attending it or not.

I am trying to upload a file but it will not let me..why?

Attachments

• hocheisers letter.doc
    133.5 KB · Views: 157
Why are you quoting things without responding? Why are you even posting here right now?

I am trying to upload a file but it will not let me..why?
You'd probably be better off if the file hadn't uploaded...this is putting your real name out there associated with a real incident.

Again, this was 25yrs ago...why are you bringing it up in a defunct app thread for the school all of a sudden? No offense, but it makes it seem as if you have a complete lack of inability to move on, which isn't going to bring you many sympathetic parties (or engender much anger against an administration who probably have nothing to do with the school anymore.)

It also says pretty much nothing about the school and instead focuses on excusing students for past actions. Having read it, I know nothing more about the UVM SOM from 25yrs ago (which again, would tell me nothing much about its current incarnation).

ok thanks. maybe you can suggest how I delete the file?
You'd probably be better off if the file hadn't uploaded...this is putting your real name out there associated with a real incident.

Again, this was 25yrs ago...why are you bringing it up in a defunct app thread for the school all of a sudden? No offense, but it makes it seem as if you have a complete lack of inability to move on, which isn't going to bring you many sympathetic parties (or engender much anger against an administration who probably have nothing to do with the school anymore.)

It also says pretty much nothing about the school and instead focuses on excusing students for past actions. Having read it, I know nothing more about the UVM SOM from 25yrs ago (which again, would tell me nothing much about its current incarnation).
ile?

file deleted. My real name is not out there. But the system definitely wanted me to 'angst'; the dean when I left said 'tell the story as best you can and see what happens'. I mean they were trying to create NEUROSIS...in someone they admitted and who was a top applicant. I am just posting here because very very very sketcy stuff went on ((and probably still does) at UVM.

eted.

I am happy to see that some people are having positive experiences. I have complex PTSD from there. A healing community causing harm...beware of becoming a stranger in the kingdom.