2015-2016 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess they've become inconsistent about it since 2014, in which case @ChackieJan's explanation (i.e., that they have a new dean) is less likely to be the case.

Either way, I would be a worried pre-med if I had been accepted to this school and had no idea of what their most recent match cycle looked like.

No I understand. I am an incoming student who decided to attend UTHSCSA over UTSW and while it is disappointing to not see their match list, I guess I'm not that worried as we all know that match lists fluctuate from year to year.

They might've just had a rough year and don't want to release their match results. A&M, PLFSOM, and TCOM haven't released their lists every year either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
No I understand. I am an incoming student who decided to attend UTHSCSA over UTSW and while it is disappointing to not see their match list, I guess I'm not that worried as we all know that match lists fluctuate from year to year.

They might've just had a rough year and don't want to release their match results. A&M, PLFSOM, and TCOM haven't released their lists every year either.

What about UTHSCSA did you like more than UTSW/what did you not like about UTSW that made you choose UTHSCSA over it?

You should ask your school to release this year's Match list online and to the public (as done every other year, except this one). Pretty weird to see UTSA withhold their 2016 Match list when every other Texas school has released theirs.
I seem to remember last year it took them awhile to publish the match list. I looked for weeks after match day and never found it. Then months later I came across it by accident. So I'm not sure when they plan to publish it, but I'll ask them and see what's up.

I matched EM this year, but I don't know how many of us actually ended up applying. But for awhile there were a bunch who were considering it (around 30 I was told).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What about UTHSCSA did you like more than UTSW/what did you not like about UTSW that made you choose UTHSCSA over it?

I just wanted to stay closer to home. My family lives in San Antonio

Last edited:
I got a call from Dr. Kellaway today with the good news. Looking forward to meeting those coming here! (IS, 36, 3,5, moderate ECs, interviewed August)

Reactions: 5 users
I got a call from Dr. Kellaway today with the good news. Looking forward to meeting those coming here! (IS, 36, 3,5, moderate ECs, interviewed August)

Wow really worried if those stats are what they are taking off the waitlist, can't believe you didn't prematch

Does anyone know if you can send in an update letter? OOS and on the "waitlist". I interviewed in October, but I don't remember them mentioning it and haven't seen any other OOS applicants say they were sending in anything. Also didn't go back that far so in the thread so I might be wrong. I mean it couldn't hurt right? But if they said not to send anything I don't want to annoy admissions. So I guess it could hurt lol

Does anyone know if you can send in an update letter? OOS and on the "waitlist". I interviewed in October, but I don't remember them mentioning it and haven't seen any other OOS applicants say they were sending in anything. Also didn't go back that far so in the thread so I might be wrong. I mean it couldn't hurt right? But if they said not to send anything I don't want to annoy admissions. So I guess it could hurt lol
Last I checked, they weren't accepting LOI but it can't hurt to call and ask.

Do you mind sharing whether or not you called, emailed, or contacted them?

Do you mind sharing whether or not you called, emailed, or contacted them?

I've contacted admissions a few times, has not helped me yet. The admissions folks are kind of a lock box and give the impression they only care about your original application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in August and heard absolutely nothing before this.

Quick question about the waitlist: If we are IS and have already been accepted elsewhere, but are currently on the UTSA waitlist, is it true that we have a chance of being accepted off the waitlist only until June 1st? I read that there is some agreement like this between all the TX med schools to prevent them from stealing each others students at the last minute, but the waitlist email from UTSA doesn't mention anything about it, it just says "between now and the start date, July 25, 2016, you may still become eligible for admission to the program as a result of one or more of our accepted applicants withdrawing to pursue other plans".

Quick question about the waitlist: If we are IS and have already been accepted elsewhere, but are currently on the UTSA waitlist, is it true that we have a chance of being accepted off the waitlist only until June 1st? I read that there is some agreement like this between all the TX med schools to prevent them from stealing each others students at the last minute, but the waitlist email from UTSA doesn't mention anything about it, it just says "between now and the start date, July 25, 2016, you may still become eligible for admission to the program as a result of one or more of our accepted applicants withdrawing to pursue other plans".
Yes only till June 1 if you hold an acceptance at another Texas school. If you still have no acceptances, you may be eligible for admission up until the first day of orientation at the school in question.

I got the call today that I was accepted off the waitlist! So movement is still happening! IS

I was accepted yesterday!!! :) Does anyone know of a facebook group for the incoming class?

I withdrew IS today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today (just before the deadline), interviewed January 11

are there still spots available in the class? would they answer that?

Hi, did you do anything (send letters or updates) while waiting to hear back? Thanks, much appreciated :) And CONGRATS! Hope first year is going well.