2015-2016 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Troll maybe??

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you think attending this school limited your residency options?

UT southwestern was my other option and has much better match results than UTHSCSA. Too bad I learned this after matriculation.

Sorry to post this on match day! I didn't even know today was match day because I am OOS and didn't participate in match.

Just matched here this morning! Totally looking forward to my future at UTHSCSA. Had a great experience on my interview day where I met many friendly MS2's, MS3's and MS4's. I felt like the school has a fantastic culture especially compared to all the other Texas schools I've interviewed at which factored heavily into my ranking. Being a Texas resident for a while now and having visited multiple times, San Antonio is definitely a great place and I for one can't wait to be a part of the class of 2020.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just matched here this morning! Totally looking forward to my future at UTHSCSA. Had a great experience on my interview day where I met many friendly MS2's, MS3's and MS4's. I felt like the school has a fantastic culture especially compared to all the other Texas schools I've interviewed at which factored heavily into my ranking. Being a Texas resident for a while now and having visited multiple times, San Antonio is definitely a great place and I for one can't wait to be a part of the class of 2020.

Congrats! I can't wait to meet everybody!!

Reactions: 3 users
UT southwestern was my other option and has much better match results than UTHSCSA. Too bad I learned this after matriculation.

Sorry to post this on match day! I didn't even know today was match day because I am OOS and didn't participate in match.

Lol... So you decided to make an account 2 hrs ago to post in this specific thread:.. on this specific day?

Also, you didn't "know" UTSW had better match lists until after matriculation? That isn't a new development or a detail you wouldn't have known going into this process.

You already got called out on the residency match not even happening yet as well, so let's just quit while we are ahead before you get the ban-hammer.

Last and only reply you will get out of me.

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to everyone that matched to UTHSCSA! We are excited to have you. If you're on the waitlist, don't lose hope! This is a long process and there is still a chance you can be accepted later this semester.

If accepted, please make sure to join y'all's FB group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/950989391627339/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Quick question: are we supposed to get an acceptance email? I got a pre match and also matched to San Antonio, so I got an email a long time ago, but I didn't get anything official today asside from TMDSAS.

Quick question: are we supposed to get an acceptance email? I got a pre match and also matched to San Antonio, so I got an email a long time ago, but I didn't get anything official today asside from TMDSAS.
I would imagine that you will not receive another email as you were already accepted. I matched today and received an email around 1600 from them. This is a great school with awesome opportunities and look forward to meeting everyone going here.

\
I would imagine that you will not receive another email as you were already accepted. I matched today and received an email around 1600 from them. This is a great school with awesome opportunities and look forward to meeting everyone going here.

That makes sense. I was just wondering when we would get information on the next steps of the process.

If we didn't match, if/when would we be notified if we were on UTHSCSA's waiting list. I am IS btw.

hey y'all!
i know i'm super late to the party, but i matched to uthscsa yesterday. stoked to meet/get to know all y'all over the next few months and years! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The admin office stated that they are compiling an alternate list and hope to contact those who have been placed on it by mid February.

Matched here as my second choice. Does anyone know how much movement there usually is on wait lists? And when that movement occurs?

UTSW is one of the top-ranked schools in the nation. UTHSCSA is solidly mid-tier. How could you have not known of this difference prior to selecting a school?
You mention cost differences as a key decision factor. But the cost of attendance differential between UTSW and UTHSCSA is truly minimal - maybe $2,500/year?
And if you think a Dallas summer is a whole lot better than a San Antonio summer, well...

That and a brand new account -- I call sour grapes troll.

P.S. Have fun in Louisiana... You think Texas summers are bad!

Reactions: 7 users
They are not yet accepting letters of intent as they are uncertain if the dean wants them. Also, they stated that neither flowers nor doughnuts will increase the likelihood of acceptance.

They are not yet accepting letters of intent as they are uncertain if the dean wants them. Also, they stated that neither flowers nor doughnuts will increase the likelihood of acceptance.

Tell me you're joking. People are sending doughnuts???

Soooooo I interviewed here as an OOS back in November and haven't heard a peep since... are they still accepting OOSers? I obviously wasn't part of the pre-match thing. Just curious, as I heard that they started rolling matriculation Feb. 1st. I looked for an answer to my question and couldn't find it... sorry if this was already answered. :D

Soooooo I interviewed here as an OOS back in November and haven't heard a peep since... are they still accepting OOSers? I obviously wasn't part of the pre-match thing. Just curious, as I heard that they started rolling matriculation Feb. 1st. I looked for an answer to my question and couldn't find it... sorry if this was already answered. :D

They have filled their OOS seats but will accept more OOSers as others give up their seats. We are essentially wait listed.

Does anyone know if they let us know our ranking on the waitlist? I don't want to call and annoy them... but I am very curious about how I measure up!

As far as I know, they have not yet released any alternate information. I'm thinking about starting a wait-list support group if anyone is interested.:bang:

I don't think they do a ranked waitlist--someone correct me if I'm wrong. I remember reading from old threads that if someone withdraws the person who takes the open seat will have similar stats/race/background/IS/OOS as the withdrawer.

People who are talking about the waitlist, have you received an email from the school that said you were on some type of waitlist? I have received no communication since August...

Welcome Weekend is April 29-30th this year. Received the e-mail today.

I hope they send out information about the waitlist soon! I looked on last year's thread and emails were sent out 2/9 so maybe sometime early this week. :S

Reactions: 2 users
Any news on wait list yet?

So I just gave a call to the Admissions office and they said that an "alternate list" is being developed, but there haven't been any notifications sent out yet, and she told me to check back next week. I'm thinking they'll have the waitlist solidified by the end of February, if there's nothing next week I'll just check back in the beginning of March.

Reactions: 3 users
Got it as well, too skeptical to think it means anything.

Maybe they don't do an official wait list for OOSers or maybe they haven't compiled one yet...or maybe a rejection is coming haha.

OOS & did not get an email - here's to hoping that doesn't mean rejected. :xf:

Got the Alternate List email! I've never been so happy to be in a pool!:soexcited:

I just want to verify, other than sending in my FAFSA, have there been any financial aid forms yet?

I'm in the same boat. I interviewed back in November as an OOS and I haven't heard anything back since.

Reactions: 2 users
Bad news OOS folks. The alternate list included in state and out of state applicants. I just called and asked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile