2015-2016 San Juan Bautista Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dear ramification,

You need to be fully bilingual for the interview process. I've heard many different stories from my classmate and it changes every year. However, as a general consensus, it's better off knowing Spanish well as they want to see how fluent you are in it.

I hope this helps.

So is it worth it to go to the interview, if I am not fully bilingual. I know some spanish, but not a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

So is it worth it to go to the interview, if I am not fully bilingual. I know some spanish, but not a lot.
If you can hold your own in a conversation, then yes. If not, then it would probably be very difficult for you.

Anyone who interviewed in December hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in December and haven't heard back yet either. The suspense is brutal.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to be so persistent about the spanish. But will they have scenarios for me to answer in spanish or will it just be general questions in spanish like "de donde eres" and " Por qué quieres estudiar medicina??" types of questions. If someone could let me know it will really help me in preparing for the interview!! Gracias:)))

Sorry to be so persistent about the spanish. But will they have scenarios for me to answer in spanish or will it just be general questions in spanish like "de donde eres" and " Por qué quieres estudiar medicina??" types of questions. If someone could let me know it will really help me in preparing for the interview!! Gracias:)))

I think part of the reason you're getting somewhat vague answers is that we all had to sign non-disclosure agreements on interview day. My Spanish isn't fantastic, but I'm able to say pretty much whatever I want to get across, though not always elegantly. If my Spanish had been just a little worse, the interview process would have felt really uncomfortable. I can't speak to whether they might or might not accept someone at various levels of Spanish competency, just how the interview day would feel.

Reactions: 1 user

Dear ramification,

Like nairopil said, you aren't going to get exact answers to your questions because of the non-disclosure agreements that potential candidates sign the day of their interview.

Is it worth going to the interview even though you aren't fully bilingual, um yes. Who knows if your Spanish is enough to get you by the interview, at least you received an interview invite. Go to it and hope for the best.

Everyone/anyone who gets accepted keep student/doc updated!!

In case people next year are wondering for expectation management, I completed my application in September. Interviewed Dec 3. Was told results were coming Jan 15 (board never met until Feb 4 according to admissions). Accepted Feb 16 (OOS).

Members don't see this ad :)
In case people next year are wondering for expectation management, I completed my application in September. Interviewed Dec 3. Accepted today (OOS).
Congrats!

In case people next year are wondering for expectation management, I completed my application in September. Interviewed Dec 3. Was told results were coming Jan 15 (board never met until Feb 4 according to admissions). Accepted Feb 16 (OOS).
Congrats!

+1 accepted today

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile app

Has anyone who interviewed Dec10 heard back from the school?

Some advice on how to prepare for the interview.

Some advice on how to prepare for the interview.
Be able to think on your feet, go with the flow of conversation, be empathetic and willing to entertain ideas but be committed to your original thoughts, be confident, and recognize that this is an interview. They want you just as much as you want them.

Be able to think on your feet, go with the flow of conversation, be empathetic and willing to entertain ideas but be committed to your original thoughts, be confident, and recognize that this is an interview. They want
Be able to think on your feet, go with the flow of conversation, be empathetic and willing to entertain ideas but be committed to your original thoughts, be confident, and recognize that this is an interview. They want you just as much as you want them.

Thanks for the advice I will take it in consideration.

Jaymi isn't answering any of my calls... any suggestions what I should do.

Jaymi isn't answering any of my calls... any suggestions what I should do.
Eh just be patient. Things run diffently on the island. I was supposed to find out on Jan 15 and found out a month later.

Do you thin
Eh just be patient. Things run diffently on the island. I was supposed to find out on Jan 15 and found out a month later.
do you think i should send her an email???

I intervied Feb 11 and was told i would be given a decision within 3 weeks. 3 weeks has been today and i tried calling but no response. UGH the wait lol but yah EMAIL is the only thing i think might work but need an opinion.

do you think i should send her an email???

I intervied Feb 11 and was told i would be given a decision within 3 weeks. 3 weeks has been today and i tried calling but no response. UGH the wait lol but yah EMAIL is the only thing i think might work but need an opinion.
I interviewed in January and still haven't heard back. I would give it more time. Like Tabiyou said, things run pretty slow on the island.

Hello Everyone,

Please PM me if you were accepted to SJB! I will add you to your class FB page :)

Has anyone that interviewed towards the end of January, heard back yet?

does anyone know the start date for the 2016 class?

Has anyone received a financial aid letter? Or does anyone know what OOS cost of attendance was last year? Trying to budget but all I have to go on is tuition.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

as far as I heard the financial aid packet will be finalized at the end of may

Btw classes start on july 5h, orientation begins on june 29th i think.

Hi,

Please PM me if any of you are coming to the island with family. I'm a current student and I can help out with housing. Thanks and good luck!

I was put on the waiting list... I may not have my answer for a while.

Accepted!!! Good luck to everyone. Does anyone know if there's a FB group for the class?

Subleasing my apartment this summer. Highly recommend doing this in the transition. PM to know more :)

has anyone interviewed on march 1st heard anything yet??

I interviewed on February 18, OOS, and got my acceptance yesterday via email. Good luck to those still waiting !

Does anyone know if they accept updates/letters of interest/new LORs from people on the wait list?