2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!
Got the email today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've held out until the very end, & still with no financial aid letter lol..withdrawing as of today. Praying my acceptance goes to someone awaiting good news. Congrats to you all. We are the future of medicine.

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed the first month that they conducted interviews and finally just got accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 11 users
Just sent the email and officially withdrew! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, I hope one of you guys get my spot. And good luck to everyone matriculating, enjoy Atlanta!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone receive some sort of notification that they received your financial aid information? Still waiting...impatiently.

Did anyone receive some sort of notification that they received your financial aid information? Still waiting...impatiently.
I didn't. Just got an email approx. 1 week later with financial award (or lack thereof:dead:) information.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance email Friday night, and today I had to decline it :( Actually the hardest email I've ever had to send

Reactions: 1 user
For those that have been accepted and sent in your deposit. Did you get an email confirmation once the deposit was received?

It was approx 10:45 am when I heard that glorious phone ring and this wonderful lady told me IM ACCEPTED
and then i cried and im pretty sure she got scared and was about to call 911... LOL

Reactions: 10 users
It was approx 10:45 am when I heard that glorious phone ring and this wonderful lady told me IM ACCEPTED
and then i cried and im pretty sure she got scared and was about to call 911... LOL
Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
CONGRATULATIONS!! Are you IS or OOS? :soexcited::highfive::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

WOW!!! That must've felt AMAZING! Congrats!! Were you on the waitlist? Did you do anything, such as send update letters/ LOI?

WOW!!! That must've felt AMAZING! Congrats!! Were you on the waitlist? Did you do anything, such as send update letters/ LOI?

Yes it definitely is awesome :D
I was on the waitlist and after some moping, I submitted an update letter last week (with a paragraph at the end saying how much i love them <3 )

This waitlist movement seems to be moving very slowly :shrug:

Got a phone call yesterday as well. Had to withdraw due to other acceptances. Good luck to the rest of you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got a phone call yesterday as well. Had to withdraw due to other acceptances. Good luck to the rest of you!!
Can't wait until the day I'm accepted. I will be back VERY SOON to post that I have been accepted! #markmywords

Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my acceptance and scholarship offer. I hope they both go to one of you still waiting to hear some good news!

waiting waiting waiting waiting.....

Accepted!! Got the call this morning :banana:

Reactions: 8 users
So I got accepted as well. For those accepted, did you receive all your forms via email? My acceptance email only has the cover letter with it.

So I got accepted as well. For those accepted, did you receive all your forms via email? My acceptance email only has the cover letter with it.
Yeah the attachment it missing, so I'll have to email them for the forms.

I got accepted this morning off the waitlist! I'm really excited!!! However, I still haven't received my email :/

IS. Im trying to pay down my deposit and there isn't much info! I'm nervous I might lose it somehow (premed neuroticism)
Yeah...I don't think they put exactly where they wanted it to go in the email. I just mailed it to the department of admissions, it made it lol.

I just declined my spot! The hardest decision so now its open for someone

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know of a good resource to find housing and roommate information?