2015-2016 Michigan State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who are doing ABLE, has anyone received any information about Summer Institute? I sent in my forms but haven't heard anything since.

Other than the fact that you start July 18th, we haven't heard anything. You should know soon. This new curriculum has made it difficult for them. Just know it won't be wasted time and they will have things for you to do. Your first day is relaxed usually showing you around campus and giving a tour of lab etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Other than the fact that you start July 18th, we haven't heard anything. You should know soon. This new curriculum has made it difficult for them. Just know it won't be wasted time and they will have things for you to do. Your first day is relaxed usually showing you around campus and giving a tour of lab etc.
I'm interested about how the new curriculum affects ABLE. I heard it used to be that you take anatomy with the first years, but I don't see how that'll happen now with SDC.

I'm interested about how the new curriculum affects ABLE. I heard it used to be that you take anatomy with the first years, but I don't see how that'll happen now with SDC.

I just got accepted to it, and while I thought I was getting flooded with info at first, I realized that we still haven't gotten any tidbits regarding the actual "day-to-day" for the program. I'm trying my best to stay out of their hair at the moment, but I can't help but feel a little lost since there's no info about it online.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi! We just had a meeting last week about it, and will be meeting again sometime this week to discuss everything more in depth since it is so close now.

At this point, nothing will be changed from what we took, to what yall will take. The one difference is that all of the "medical school classes" will be only with other ABLE students except for lab I'm sure.

Wanna know the sad part?

I know more about the ABLE curriculum than I do my own at this point. Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted to it, and while I thought I was getting flooded with info at first, I realized that we still haven't gotten any tidbits regarding the actual "day-to-day" for the program. I'm trying my best to stay out of their hair at the moment, but I can't help but feel a little lost since there's no info about it online.

You will find out more about the day to day when you get to the summer session. That's also when you'll receive your summer session schedule.

They'll probably have it set up the same way they did for us. Your day to day schedule will be pretty similar every day, but changes a little bit here and there. They use google calendar to make sure everyone is on the same page and it's super convenient. I'll keep yall updated with anything new I may here this week at our next meeting.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, I'm a fourth year at CHM so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Sat right where you guys were four years ago and made the best decision of my life.

Hey all, I'm a fourth year at CHM so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Sat right where you guys were four years ago and made the best decision of my life.

This might be better to post in the 2016-2017 thread. Most of these people have already matriculated because this was last year's.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hey could you please tell me where most people live in East Lansing? I've heard that Hannah apartments is great is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Could anyone still active comment on their experience with the shared discovery curriculum? It seems very open ended, are there actually lectures or do you have to teach yourself a lot?
Feel free to pm me or post here. I'm sincerely curious for honest feedback.
(If there is a discussion elsewhere, please point me there)