2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We can ask admissions what went wrong I'm guessing after this cycle.... idk, I don't want to go DO, I'm still young like I said, under the average age for matriculants. I'm keeping my head up through June...

President Trump has gotta change this whole system.

Make AMCAS Great Again!

At the very least, amcas would have beautiful hair.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Someone pinch me, this isn't real life. :soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today at 4:30 - 3.9/30. Opening up a spot at MUSOM

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!

Stats?

Thank you! LizzyM around a 69/70. IS reapplicant. Interviewed September 23rd. It's been the longest wait ever.

You are just too awesome. Now give me your MUSOM spot ;) haha congrats!

Thank you!! I hope it's coming your way!

@ugagrad1116 yaaaaaayyyyyyy! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Thank you so much! Are you definitely going to MCG?

Congratulations... hopefully we hear more today haha...

Thank you! I'm hoping for all of you!

Accepted today at 4:30 - 3.9/30. Opening up a spot at MUSOM

Congrats!!

Last edited:
For anyone that has been accepted, how did you go about the immunization form? I see where it says that you have to have a current flu vaccine, but they don't accept one that was administered prior to August 1st, which is orientation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also is the wait list already ranked? Or do they pull from a large pool of wait listers?

Yes, they said in the waitlist email that you have to send your transcript in. Also, I'm pretty sure the waitlist is ranked.

When was it ranked? Do they change rankings at all? Just wondering if a letter of interest is worth it...

When was it ranked? Do they change rankings at all? Just wondering if a letter of interest is worth it...
I'm pretty sure every waitlist is ranked. They can't randomly pull people off. You should submit one is you're actually interested.

Actually..not all waitlists are ranked. Some schools pull off applicants that are similar to those that drop (academically...ecs..and often race) in order to keep the class balanced and diversified. Also, not sure how much a LOI at this point would make a difference. Mcg cuts off updates past dec 31 outside of grades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Actually..not all waitlists are ranked. Some schools pull of applicants that are similar to those that drop (academically...ecs..and often race) in order to keep the class balanced and diversified. Also, not sure how much a LOI at this point would make a difference. Mcg cuts off updates past dec 31 outside of grades.
Oh really? I had no idea. Good to know!

The only schools that definitively "rank" their applicants are those that reveal roughly where you stand (I recall a few schools revealing ranges of percentiles, but can't think of which schools). All the others can rank their applicants and pull, but if the dean thinks the class needs a little more diversification, there's probably some change in rank that occurs behind closed doors.

Difficult decision but I withdrew my acceptance this week. Good luck to you all still waiting. There is still hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Finally after 7 long months...IM GOING TO MCG!!! Call this morning 11:20

Reactions: 5 users
To everyone who has gotten a call: you get an acceptance email before also, right?

Still haven't got my email (call on Friday) :O I hope it wasn't all a dream, keep checking my phone to confirm I actually got that phone call lol

Will call monday

Hi,

i'm applying for 2016-2017. for those of you who got accepted will you guys put your stats and timeline?
how long did it take for you to get a call for an interview after you submitted and how long after you got your acceptance call after the interview
congrats to all of you who got accepted.

Hi,

i'm applying for 2016-2017. for those of you who got accepted will you guys put your stats and timeline?
how long did it take for you to get a call for an interview after you submitted and how long after you got your acceptance call after the interview
congrats to all of you who got accepted.

I was complete August 8th and got my II about a month later. I interviewed September 23rd and got in off the waitlist May 13th. LizzyM around 69 (undergrad GPA 3.8, MCAT retake 512). I was also a reapplicant.

Just received the secondary for next cycle...I am on the wait list and have already received next years secondary so I guess wait list is really dead? FML

Just received the secondary for next cycle...I am on the wait list and have already received next years secondary so I guess wait list is really dead? FML
That's really weird since you haven't even started an application for next year

That's really weird since you haven't even started an application for next year

I have though...I started as soon as amcas opened this year...

I can't even access the old secondary website anymore...I guess the wait list is done?

I'm in the same boat as you in that I am also on the wait list and yet planning to submit my 2017 application some time this week. Did you completely re-write your personal statement? Some people have said that it is alright to just tweak the old one with new experiences, while others have said that you should just rewrite the whole thing. I REALLY like my original personal statement and don't want to completely scrap it.

I'm in the same boat as you in that I am also on the wait list and yet planning to submit my 2017 application some time this week. Did you completely re-write your personal statement? Some people have said that it is alright to just tweak the old one with new experiences, while others have said that you should just rewrite the whole thing. I REALLY like my original personal statement and don't want to completely scrap it.

I made several edits and included new experiences but no, I didn't rewrite it. Good luck this time around!

Thanks for the second opinion, and many blessings to you this time around as well!

I've heard that you should change it completely, but you could keep the same stories of like why you want to do medicine etc, just change up the wording and how the story is told. I changed mine completely, but it was mostly because I wasn't too impressed with my first one when I applied the first time.

I've heard that you should change it completely, but you could keep the same stories of like why you want to do medicine etc, just change up the wording and how the story is told. I changed mine completely, but it was mostly because I wasn't too impressed with my first one when I applied the first time.

Thanks for the input! I think I will just re-word everything, keeping the same story and theme. After all, my reasoning for wanting to be a physician hasn't changed and logically wouldn't have.

So weird to have already applied ED at a different school while still on MCG's wait list..it'd be crazy to get in at this point, but it's always a possibility