2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I know for mercer nearly half their class that entered in 2015 was from the wait list. Does anyone know the numbers for MCG? I remember someone saying that hadn't updated their MSAR info on it from last year but I was just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I know for mercer nearly half their class that entered in 2015 was from the wait list. Does anyone know the numbers for MCG? I remember someone saying that hadn't updated their MSAR info on it from last year but I was just curious.

I am remediating M1. A fair amount of the class of 2019 was from the waitlist for MCG. Almost everyone I spoke to was waitlisted and I am watching the "memory" posts on Facebook go crazy this week. Apparently I was higher ranked than everyone, which I think was odd.

They discourage contacting and will sometimes just lie to you or give you standard information and not personalized information, even if you do contact them and are persistent. Just don't bother, you will not learn much and your position is unlikely to change. They assume you are still interested and they know they can be selective.

The uncertainty of the ranking sucks...I just wonder what factors besides academics influence it, like early interview dates and what not.

Yeah I was completed in August but got their last interview date so I am probably not high on the wait list...looking forward to filling out AACOMAS in a few days lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! Cannot believe I am finally going to be a physician.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Hard work and persistence pays off!

Btw, was your acceptance off the waitlist? And was it over the phone or through email?

Yes, persistence is the key!

And yes, it was off of the waitlist by email at 4:20.

Accepted!!! Cannot believe I am finally going to be a physician.
Got accepted too!!!!

Admitted students, is there a Facebook group already that those of us who just got accepted can join?

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted too!!!!

Admitted students, is there a Facebook group already that those of us who just got accepted can join?
I know you said that you tried calling MCG recently. Did they not want to discuss you specifically on the phone? I sent a letter of intent when I got waitlisted, but didn't know they won't accept that. I thought they would at least accept that other than grades.

Congrats to those who were accepted!!! What were your stats, if you guys don't mind sharing :)

Yeah I was completed in August but got their last interview date so I am probably not high on the wait list...looking forward to filling out AACOMAS in a few days lol

Last year, I was complete in July, had their last interview date, and was pulled on traffic day.

Got accepted too!!!!

MCG class of 2020. The class liaisons just took it over and are going to make it the official group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on MCG...

Yea seriousssslyy.

But I think it might take a few days since you get like 5(?) days to make a decision on that WL movement on monday 5/2 so once enough of those drop, then they'll have more I believe.

Yea seriousssslyy.

But I think it might take a few days since you get like 5(?) days to make a decision on that WL movement on monday 5/2 so once enough of those drop, then they'll have more I believe.

I thought u get two weeks?

I thought u get two weeks?

Oh I'm wrong, on AAMC website it says "after April 30th, a minimum of five business days to respond to an acceptance offer."

Maybe someone who just got accepted can tell us what it says on their acceptance email?

Oh I'm wrong, on AAMC website it says "after April 30th, a minimum of five business days to respond to an acceptance offer."

Maybe someone who just got accepted can tell us what it says on their acceptance email?

I though each school sets their own deadline or does everyone have to go off of aamc?

Dang read that wrong...a "minimum" of 5 business days

That doesn't make much sense? I'd accept within 5 minutes haha.

Yeah I guess people have other acceptances and like to weigh their options...I don't blame them...I do the same thing...but I have no acceptances so how would I know lol

Accepted today!! Finally! My email says we have two weeks to respond...

Reactions: 3 users
Any OOS WL acceptances so far?

and dang, ajs44 ... LM 78+? :claps:

I interviewed on October 1st I think, and I have a 3.9 and scored a 519 on the MCAT.
The real question is, why the hell were you put on the alternate list in the first place? Lol congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
The real question is, why the hell were you put on the alternate list in the first place? Lol congratulations!

Probs for yield protection?

--
ajs44, with those stats, let me do you a favor and link you to the harvard application page :whistle:

My son is in-state... Has a 3.99 GPA... And a 521 on the MCAT. He was waitlisted. I'd love to know what this school is looking for in their applicants.

My son is in-state... Has a 3.99 GPA... And a 521 on the MCAT. He was waitlisted. I'd love to know what this school is looking for in their applicants.

With a 3.99 and a 521, they probably assume your son is headed to Harvard, Wash U, Hopkins, UCSF, or Yale..which I assume he is. It's what SDN has termed "yield protection".

With a 3.99 and a 521, they probably assume your son is headed to Harvard, Wash U, Hopkins, UCSF, or Yale..which I assume he is. It's what SDN has termed "yield protection".

I hate that what if he really wants to go to mcg for in state tuition or other reasons?

I hate that what if he really wants to go to mcg for in state tuition or other reasons?

Their argument would be, he should of applied early decision or sent a letter of intent prior to December. Though I admit, it is really tough if you want to keep your options open with those kind of stats.

Their argument would be, he should of applied early decision or sent a letter of intent prior to December. Though I admit, it is really tough if you want to keep your options open with those kind of stats.

Too high you lose
Too low you lose

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in an awkward position. I got accepted to Morehouse which starts June 29th but MCG is my top choice. I really am hoping to get accepted off the wait list