*** 2015-2016 MD/PhD Application Interview Invites ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fiesta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's interview season! Like previous years, let's get a thread started to track when we get interview invites. Good luck to everyone and hope to meet you all on the trail!

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) click quote on the most recent list
2) delete the quote tags on the top and bottom
3) add your user name, ( complete date, interview invite date, interview date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located.
5) Enter Submit and prepare for your interviews

Example School: fiesta (C: 7/1 II: 7/2 I: 7/3), fiesta2 (C: 7/2 II: 7/5 I: 7/10), ...

Legend:
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite date
I: Interview date

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
New application cycle, new hope! UTSW

3) add your user name, (complete date, interview invite date, interview date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list)
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located.

UTSW: mynameistoolong (C: 7/7 II: 7/27 I: 10/9)

Legend:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3) add your user name, (complete date, interview invite date, interview date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list)

University of Chicago: BR2016 (C: 7/13 II: 7/23 I: 9/14)

Legend:

New application cycle, new hope! UTSW

Legend:

Ahhhhh CONGRATULATIONS to all! So happy to hear about some MSTP interview invites going out. I have also heard that UMich might also be giving out MSTP invites.

To the poster above, are you counting your "completed" date at UTSW as the day when they sent the email confirming that they had received your app?

Has anyone actually heard of any rejections? Can't tell if the fact that I'm not hearing anything from schools is a good thing because I'm still in the running or if they just aren't giving out any rejections yet. :) Again, CONGRATS to the two posters above me, and best of luck to all! Hope to see some of you on the interview trail!

Ahhhhh CONGRATULATIONS to all! So happy to hear about some MSTP interview invites going out. I have also heard that UMich might also be giving out MSTP invites.

To the poster above, are you counting your "completed" date at UTSW as the day when they sent the email confirming that they had received your app?

Has anyone actually heard of any rejections? Can't tell if the fact that I'm not hearing anything from schools is a good thing because I'm still in the running or if they just aren't giving out any rejections yet. :) Again, CONGRATS to the two posters above me, and best of luck to all! Hope to see some of you on the interview trail!

Hehe congratulations as well to the two posters who got MSTP II! ^_^ I'm wondering the same too about rejections. I did get a weird status update on my portal for UW MSTP that said that a status update regarding my MSTP application was going to be MAILED to the address provided on my app so I'm pretty certain that's a rejection hahah~ I'll update when it's for sure. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything from any of my other MSTP schools either.

Hehe congratulations as well to the two posters who got MSTP II! ^_^ I'm wondering the same too about rejections. I did get a weird status update on my portal for UW MSTP that said that a status update regarding my MSTP application was going to be MAILED to the address provided on my app so I'm pretty certain that's a rejection hahah~ I'll update when it's for sure. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything from any of my other MSTP schools either.

Oh no, @pineapplecake!!! That's so weird. Hopefully it's not a rejection :(
But yes exactly on the general lack of communication, haha -- can't tell if I'm just a borderline applicant at certain schools and being put on hold for a few months or if MSTPs in general haven't rejected folks yet. Just hoping good news for us all soon!

Reactions: 1 user
On previous year's threads it seems like interviews will be trickling out throughout August, with a whole wave early to mid September. So we'll have to keep waiting!

Yes to the first question. The rejections vary between schools and years. Some schools won't ever contact you again until next year with the rejection.

@BR2016, congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

MCAT: 39 (BS 13, PS 14, V 12)
GPA: 3.90
Science GPA: 3.90

I just joined SDN so I'm not sure exactly what the basic stats I should include are. If you'd like some other pieces of info, let me know!

Edited:
I have 2 years of part-time research and 1 year of full-time research. I am also spending this coming year working full-time in lab. I have one publication, but not as first author.

Last edited:
MCAT: 39 (BS 13, PS 14, V 12)
GPA: 3.90
Science GPA: 3.90

I just joined SDN so I'm not sure exactly what the basic stats I should include are. If you'd like some other pieces of info, let me know!

That's helpful. I got put on hold with 3.95+/36 and 2 years of research, 1 pub. I guess since this is MSTP, research may be another important stat to include. Otherwise if you have anything else that really stands out (URM, prestigious institute/scholarship, very young/old), it may helps us understand their decisions.

That's helpful. I got put on hold with 3.95+/36 and 2 years of research, 1 pub. I guess since this is MSTP, research may be another important stat to include. Otherwise if you have anything else that really stands out (URM, prestigious institute/scholarship, very young/old), it may helps us understand their decisions.

Chicago is one of those schools that's very mission specific. Many applicants with similar stats have varying degrees of success with them depending on whether they "fit" right with the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
UT San Antonio

UT San Antonio: aauv (C: 7/3 II: 7/24 I: 8/24)

Legend:

UT Southwestern

UT Southwestern: BR2016 (C: 7/11 II: 7/29 I: 10/9)

Legend:

(Combining the two UTSW entries)

UTSW: mynameistoolong (C: 7/7 II: 7/27 I: 10/9), BR2016 (C: 7/11 II: 7/29 I: 10/9)

Legend:

Anyone heard anything at all in the past few days? Good or bad?
Next week will officially be August, so things should probably start picking up for us soon... good luck to all!!!

Anyone heard anything at all in the past few days? Good or bad?
Next week will officially be August, so things should probably start picking up for us soon... good luck to all!!!
No IIs yet, but all secondaries are complete and I am keeping my fingers crossed for next week! Good luck all!

Nothing for me, but my committee letter was not submitted until Wednesday so it's only been a couple days since my apps were complete (and not all of them have my letters yet!)

UT Southwestern

UTSW: mynameistoolong (C: 7/7 II: 7/27 I: 10/9), BR2016 (C: 7/11 II: 7/29 I: 10/9), Sreltraln (C: 7/13 II: 7/31/15 I: 10/9)

Legend:

Edit: Yeah I was confused.

Last edited:
UT Southwestern

I didn't complete a secondary for UTSW, although I only applied for the MSTP and didn't apply for MD-only through TMDSAS. If I missed something please inform me!

UTSW: mynameistoolong (C: 7/7 II: 7/27 I: 10/9), BR2016 (C: 7/11 II: 7/29 I: 10/9), Sreltraln (C: 7/13 II: ?? I: 10/9)

Legend:

Hey Sreltraln! Congratulations on UTSW!!! So happy for you. I noticed that you put question marks by your II date. When were you offered the interview? To my knowledge, II means the date when the interview invite was received, not when you submitted the secondary. :) I think this might clear up some of the confusion -- the notation can get tricky!

Hey Sreltraln! Congratulations on UTSW!!! So happy for you. I noticed that you put question marks by your II date. When were you offered the interview? To my knowledge, II means the date when the interview invite was received, not when you submitted the secondary. :) I think this might clear up some of the confusion -- the notation can get tricky!

Yeah I figured that out and came back to edit! Secondaries are getting the best of me...

Yeah I figured that out and came back to edit! Secondaries are getting the best of me...
LOL no worries! I feel like such a scatter-brain after filling out secondaries as well. :) Congrats again on the II!!!

Maybe this will be the week!...sigh...

Pointless question, but do you guys think I'm setting myself up for disappointment by expecting mdphd IIs from at least 4 of the Texas schools (IS) with LizzyM=72?

Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine

UTSW: mynameistoolong (C: 7/7 II: 7/27 I: 10/9), BR2016 (C: 7/11 II: 7/29 I: 10/9), Sreltraln (C: 7/13 II: 7/31/15 I: 10/9)
VCU: scienceispower94 (C: 7/21 II: 8/3 I: 9/14)

Legend:

Reactions: 3 users
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine

Legend:

CONGRATS!!

Duke

Duke: penguin33(C:7/16 II: 8/3 I:9/24-9/25 or 10/8-10/9 have not decided yet)

Legend:

Duke

Legend:

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
Is this what you mean?
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 35
4 years research, 300 hours hospital volunteer, Goldwater Scholarship, currently doing a Master's degree in Biological Science

Is this what you mean?
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 35
4 years research, 300 hours hospital volunteer, Goldwater Scholarship, currently doing a Master's degree in Biological Science

Yep! Thanks so much! And congratulations on the II!

University of Michigan (also gonna organize the list into alphabetical order)

University of Michigan: neurotroph (C: 7/28 II: 8/4 I: 10/22)

Legend:

Reactions: 6 users
First II this morning! A&M

Texas A&M University: jd989898 (C: 7/22, II: 8/5, I: 9/2)

Legend:

First II this morning! A&M

Legend:

Ahhhh congrats!! I feel like the first II must be so exciting. I already know I'll be bursting out in tears if I get one hehehe :) So happy for you!!

Reactions: 1 users
First Interview Invite for me!!!! WVU

WVU: smiley buckeye (C:7/16 II: 8/5 I:9/28)

Legend:

It's super quiet in here...

It's super quiet in here...
Lol I was just thinking that ;) Hopefully it's only because we're all about to get a crazy number of IIs soon! Wooooo!

I'm so freaking nervous. Has anyone gotten any rejections yet? I just want to hear something from somewhere. Anything.

I'm so freaking nervous. Has anyone gotten any rejections yet? I just want to hear something from somewhere. Anything.
Rejection from Chicago (know few others were rejected too) few weeks back but otherwise haven't heard anywhere else

From the Stanford-specific thread, it looks like they have already started handing out rejections. It also looks like they have a pretty fast turnaround time for them... so no news is good news? :( :)?

Rejection from University of Washington but I've heard nothing else so far.

Wasn't there an MD/PhD rejection thread last year? Should we start one or is that too pessimistic an attitude to have? Lol

Wasn't there an MD/PhD rejection thread last year? Should we start one or is that too pessimistic an attitude to have? Lol
There was. If you want to create one, might as well create an accepted thread at the same time :)

There was. If you want to create one, might as well create an accepted thread at the same time :)

Omg can we hold off because that's going to be another thread I can obsessively check :'(

Reactions: 1 users