2015-2016 Indiana University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the alternate form it mentions sending all transcripts. Does anyone have any idea if the committee is skipping over alternates that don't have their transcripts in? I have to pay a balance in order for my school to release mine. So it'll be a while before I can even get it sent. I would hate for it to mess up my chances in being reviewed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
On the alternate form it mentions sending all transcripts. Does anyone have any idea if the committee is skipping over alternates that don't have their transcripts in? I have to pay a balance in order for my school to release mine. So it'll be a while before I can even get it sent. I would hate for it to mess up my chances in being reviewed

Ouch. Your best bet is probably to call their admissions office and see if they can make an exception. Not sure what the answer will be.

Reactions: 1 users
Ouch. Your best bet is probably to call their admissions office and see if they can make an exception. Not sure what the answer will be.

Thanks. I'll do that. Oh gosh, I really hope this doesn't ruin my chances.

Yup, got the rejection email today too. Oh well. I'm not really too torn up about it, believe it or not. It just means I get more time to grow. And I get to be around for more of my daughter's early years, teach her to walk and talk, take her to the zoo...and study for the new MCAT! lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed in feb.. still have under consideration.. waiting for the next round of rejections lol

Interviewed in feb.. still have under consideration.. waiting for the next round of rejections lol
Nvm rejection was in the junk folder lol. But at least now I know

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not been notified of a decision. Am I the only one? (Underlying fear that I lost the email somehow...)

For everyone who got a rejection email a few days ago, did you status change on the application portal? I haven't received an email and my portal still says "under consideration" so I am not sure what is going on?

Portal updated this morning. Rejected. Never got an email...

Today saw acceptances at UCI (a lot), Case (a lot), WUSTL and Indiana.
On the wait list thread, gyngyn saw an acceptance at Indiana today. I wonder if the wait list will start moving this week!

Reactions: 1 user
On the wait list thread, gyngyn saw an acceptance at Indiana today. I wonder if the wait list will start moving this week!
Let's hope so! Last year's thread showed lots of movement in the beginning of June. I don't mind when... as long as it's moving.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if you are e-mailed an acceptance off the wait list or does it come through the mail in form of a letter/packet?

What if you're working and miss the call? O:
The alternate form also asked for email and the number of two people they could contact if they couldn't get in touch with you.

Last edited:
*sigh* another anxious week with no news . The waitlist doesn't seem to be moving at all this year.

*sigh* another anxious week with no news . The waitlist doesn't seem to be moving at all this year.

We should see some movement by the end of June, at least I hope! I think most of us at this point just would like to have an answer. That being said, I still feel blessed to be on the WL, so don't lose hope!

Accepted today!!! Found out by checking my portal on OneStart since I went to IU for undergrad, then called Admissions to confirm! I'M SO EXCITED AHHH!!

Accepted today!!! Found out by checking my portal on OneStart since I went to IU for undergrad, then called Admissions to confirm! I'M SO EXCITED AHHH!!
wow! congrats!!! finally some movement. is it reflecting on the applicant portal too?

Thank you!! No, no change. I'll keep checking, remind me if I don't! They said letters were mailed yesterday.

Congratulations! LetterS as in I still might have a chance

I had a terrible idea of calling and saying I saw my portal change in hopes they would say "oh yeah you're accepted." But that's a dangerous bluff if it turns out I haven't been accepted haha I'm just anxious to hear something!!

Congrats!!! Hoping some us get some good news soon too!

What did your OneStart portal look like after you were accepted?

I had a terrible idea of calling and saying I saw my portal change in hopes they would say "oh yeah you're accepted." But that's a dangerous bluff if it turns out I haven't been accepted haha I'm just anxious to hear something!!
Hahaha they asked me a lot of questions before they confirmed so I wouldn't recommend that!

Congratulations! LetterS as in I still might have a chance

Yes, letters!

What did your OneStart portal look like after you were accepted?

It said something like "Congratulations, you have been accepted to IUPUI...your letter is in the mail with further instructions."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

@Eternal_Premed_Struggle no portal change!

Last edited:
Hahaha they asked me a lot of questions before they confirmed so I wouldn't recommend that!

Yes, letters!

Northwest!

It said something like "Congratulations, you have been accepted to IUPUI...your letter is in the mail with further instructions."

@Eternal_Premed_Struggle no portal change![/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the student center? Mine just says "To view your application status, check the IUSM portal"

Jesus dude how did you think that would go?

Welcome to IUSM-NW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got my letter in the mail today! Dated June 7th, postmarked June 9th. Anyone else get good news?

I got my letter in the mail today! Dated June 7th, postmarked June 9th. Anyone else get good news?
My Student portal has changed to the "congratulations you have been conditionally admitted" message too, however, I have yet to receive any official communication. Can I ask how far from Indy you are and if you have received any emails/applicant portal change?

My Student portal has changed to the "congratulations you have been conditionally admitted" message too, however, I have yet to receive any official communication. Can I ask how far from Indy you are and if you have received any emails/applicant portal change?

Conditionally admitted? Mine didn't say conditionally. The packet went about 3 hours away from Indy, but no emails or portal change though!

Any OOS acceptances from the alternate list today?

Portals should be updated tomorrow, according to Admissions!

A financial aid email just went out to recently accepted students! Any good news this way?