2015-2016 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the wait list a couple days ago! OOS MCAT 36, GPA 3.8

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call a couple of hours ago!! Feels surreal, but I'll be joining you guys! (and since I know I appreciated it when other people posted their stuff: 511 MCAT 3.7-75 cGPA, sGPA and Master's GPA, interviewed early Feb)

Got the call a couple of hours ago!! Feels surreal, but I'll be joining you guys! (and since I know I appreciated it when other people posted their stuff: 511 MCAT 3.7-75 cGPA, sGPA and Master's GPA, interviewed early Feb)
Congrats! That's awesome! Did you send any updates/LOI's recently?

Hey guys, recently accepted!! so excited to start but I have two questions. Is there a dress code when attending? Some schools let the students wear what they want but others have certain rules when concerning what to wear so I was curious. In addition to this, should we buy all the books that are assigned or are there some that aren't used? Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to all those on the waitlist!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, recently accepted!! so excited to start but I have two questions. Is there a dress code when attending? Some schools let the students wear what they want but others have certain rules when concerning what to wear so I was curious. In addition to this, should we buy all the books that are assigned or are there some that aren't used? Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to all those on the waitlist!!

Not exactly a dress code, but no shorts or sandals are allowed. Most people wear jeans/slacks and a t-shirt or button down. It's not that big of a deal, though sometimes I wish we could wear shorts when it's hot down here. Once or twice a week professional dress is required for patient contact.

As far as textbooks, that totally depends on what type of learner you are. If you love textbooks and used them in undergrad, then you could buy a few of them then see how helpful they are. I personally would recommend you wait a few weeks into class to see what textbooks you want/need. That being said, Lippencott's biochem review and the anatomy text are quite useful.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Excited to meet you!

Reactions: 1 users
Not exactly a dress code, but no shorts or sandals are allowed. Most people wear jeans/slacks and a t-shirt or button down. It's not that big of a deal, though sometimes I wish we could wear shorts when it's hot down here. Once or twice a week professional dress is required for patient contact.

As far as textbooks, that totally depends on what type of learner you are. If you love textbooks and used them in undergrad, then you could buy a few of them then see how helpful they are. I personally would recommend you wait a few weeks into class to see what textbooks you want/need. That being said, Lippencott's biochem review and the anatomy text are quite useful.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Excited to meet you!

Thank you for the response and I am excited to meet you as well!!!

Any out of state M2's have experience filing for in-state residency for tuition purposes after one year? I could use some advice to as how the process went/ what documents are required.

Any out of state M2's have experience filing for in-state residency for tuition purposes after one year? I could use some advice to as how the process went/ what documents are required.

I went through this process in undergrad at FSU. They required filling out some paperwork, and then also a bunch of other stuff -- utility bills, pay stubs, proof of purchase/lease of a house, voter registration, car insurance, etc. The biggest thing is that you need to have proof of residence AND proof of income for 12+ months in Florida.

I went through this process in undergrad at FSU. They required filling out some paperwork, and then also a bunch of other stuff -- utility bills, pay stubs, proof of purchase/lease of a house, voter registration, car insurance, etc. The biggest thing is that you need to have proof of residence AND proof of income for 12+ months in Florida.

Yeah, I'm trying to get my lease signed asap. The form is due June 30 this year though, and I don't think my move in date will be until early July, hopefully they won't bother over 5 days come next year when I apply.