2015-2016 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/11. If my notes are correct, we should be hearing back tomorrow morning?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 12/11. If my notes are correct, we should be hearing back tomorrow morning?
I believe the committee meets today (1/13/16), and our portal gets updated tomorrow morning at 8:30AM.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when they start pulling people off the alternate list?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete? And did you receive an email or see the update on the portal?

Complete Sept. 2. I received the II email at 8:03 this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the alternate list, did any of you receive an e-mail when your portal got updated?

Last edited:
Any recent II's? I've been complete since October... my status just says "review in progress"

Any recent II's? I've been complete since October... my status just says "review in progress"

Same here. Complete 10/3 and status changed to review in progress on 10/17. No news on my end either.

For those on the alternate list, did any of you receive an e-mail when your portal got updated?
Not that I recall. I simply checked the portal shortly after 9:30am on the day we were told to expect admission decisions. I then received a letter via USPS that articulated it further.

Hope that helps

Been complete since August...Blows my mind they can't take the time to atleast send out an email and give me a status update. SMFH.

Reactions: 1 users
Previous interviewees...can any one comment on what the behavioral interview consists of?

Thanks!

Previous interviewees...can any one comment on what the behavioral interview consists of?

Thanks!
My interview was given by a PhD who asked ethical questions and also asked for personal experiences dealing with some of those situations. Overall it was very relaxed, just be yourself and be honest. They told us before interviewing that they specifically look for any evidence of dishonesty or misinformation.

Thanks!

They asked me some strange questions. One of mine was "have you ever been in a situation when somebody told you something in confidence and then somebody else asked you to spill the beans. How did you handle it?" Another one was, "what would you do in a situation when you unknowingly broke a rule in the workplace and were later confronted about it?"

Hey there guys! For those who have interviewed before, did FAU mention if their class size was full already/if current interviewees were interviewing for a waitlist spot? Or did they mention anything like how much of their class has already been filled?

Also, for people such as @callmedocp @avatarwan and @sandyman237 , how many questions do you think you guys got asked through in the behavioral interview? FAU is a top school for me and I got a II to fill in for a nearby date on such a late notice, I just want to make sure I do my best when I finally go in haha. Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you! :)
Edit: Also, did they ask any questions specific to healthcare, etc. during any of the interviews?

Hey there guys! For those who have interviewed before, did FAU mention if their class size was full already/if current interviewees were interviewing for a waitlist spot? Or did they mention anything like how much of their class has already been filled?

Also, for people such as @callmedocp @avatarwan and @sandyman237 , how many questions do you think you guys got asked through in the behavioral interview? FAU is a top school for me and I got a II to fill in for a nearby date on such a late notice, I just want to make sure I do my best when I finally go in haha. Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you! :)
Edit: Also, did they ask any questions specific to healthcare, etc. during any of the interviews?
It depends on the interviewer that you get. Some people will ask science related questions, and some wont. The behavior interview is designed to explore your personal experiences (with specific examples), because previous behavior is generally a good predictor of future behavior. Don't stress it.

No they didn't mention whether their class was filled or anything like that but I interviewed in early December. The behavioral interview was 30 minutes so I got asked around 10 questions. They were mostly "think of a time when x happened and how did you handle it". I did not receive any healthcare questions. The traditional interview was just getting to know you better. Awesome interview especially getting to see the simulation center. Again it's a relaxed interview and they really are just trying to understand you better than the words on your app.

As per admissions member at interview today, "~4300 applications received and 380 II sent out". 64 seats in the class so I'm guessing around double that are accepted.

They mentioned at my interview that they have a lot of waitlist movement. So being waitlisted means you still have a good chance after April 30. They also mentioned that they invite students from their high alternate list to Second Look. So if you get invited to Second Look after being waitlisted you know that you are ranked high on the waitlist.

Accepted! :soexcited: it has been a long process. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and never lose faith.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! :soexcited: it has been a long process. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and never lose faith.
congrats!! I didn't think there'd be movement from the alternate list yet. did you get a call or email?

Reactions: 1 users
congrats!! I didn't think there'd be movement from the alternate list yet. did you get a call or email?

I was surprised about the early wait-list movement, too. I received a call and an e-mail, a letter will be sent in the next couple weeks.

II today. I had preliminary review completed mid August, so this was definitely unexpected.

OOS. LizzyM 67, low uGPA, ~4.0 post bac, lots of experiences, high MCAT.

I hope this gives others still waiting to hear from schools some the belief that it's not over until its over.

Reactions: 3 users
Boca Raton native here, and I've been at "review in progress" for over 3 months now :( FAU has by far been my top choice throughout this cycle, not just because it's in my hometown, but simply because it truly has an outstanding medical program. Slowly losing hope for an interview invitation, but genuine congrats to all of those who will be attending! You will not be disappointed.

Has the information about second look been released yet?

Hello. Interviewed in January, currently on the alternate list.

Does anyone know how many applicants were ultimately offered an FAU acceptance last year? Are the official stats available anywhere?

Had a great experience on interview day. Would love nothing more than to attend.

Hello. Interviewed in January, currently on the alternate list.

Does anyone know how many applicants were ultimately offered an FAU acceptance last year? Are the official stats available anywhere?

Had a great experience on interview day. Would love nothing more than to attend.

I second this. Any info would help.

I also am on the alternate list. :(

Anyone know if there's a Facebook page?

Anyone accepted heard about scholarships and FinAid yet? We were told on my interview day that the committee meets to discuss those in February, but I have heard nothing since. I've also emailed and called the admissions office, but haven't been able to reach anyone. Any current students, please feel free to chime in!

Anyone accepted heard about scholarships and FinAid yet? We were told on my interview day that the committee meets to discuss those in February, but I have heard nothing since. I've also emailed and called the admissions office, but haven't been able to reach anyone. Any current students, please feel free to chime in!

Edit: 7-10 business days from today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited: