2015-2016 Columbia University College of P&S Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Throwaway (which will become my fulltime account) because I want to surprise my friends with the news (and they check SDN regularly):

ACCEPTED COLUMBIA P&S CLASS OF 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS LITERALLY THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

Call from my interviewer came about 35 minutes ago. Email received a few minutes ago about a portal update.

I love you guys.

wow what?!?! congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I guess we have our answer of when movement will start after all! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stop dreaming guys. I wish I could convey to you what a long shot this was for me but I don't want to divulge the details, so feed off of that for now! WL movement will be ongoing for a while now. I was a lurker on this thread but your comments and support has been wonderful. I sincerely hope you all end up at P&S.

Reactions: 2 users
Does waitlist movement usually trickle daily or does it happen in more sporadic batches?

Reactions: 1 user
guys i never sent them an update letter purely because writing is hard. is that like an automatic no or

Also got the call yesterday. Couldn't be more ecstatic.

Don't lose hope guys- if you love Columbia, let them know! If its of any help, the acceptance letter allows one week for a response. I'm assuming if they do go out in spurts, it will be on a weekly basis

Reactions: 1 users
Also got the call yesterday. Couldn't be more ecstatic.

Don't lose hope guys- if you love Columbia, let them know! If its of any help, the acceptance letter allows one week for a response. I'm assuming if they do go out in spurts, it will be on a weekly basis

ugh... i sent them a lot of updates... idk what else to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email today saying my status has been updated and got an acceptance. Actually sobbing right now. Let us pray to the financial aid gods I can afford it (and I did send an update, but it was very recent).

did you get a call as well beforehand?

I also got a portal update and was accepted. My interviewer called after. I'm so excited and I hope to see more of you next year at Columbia!

I wish we had a sense of how many offers have been made / how many remain available. More transparency would be appreciated!

Reactions: 3 users
giphy.gif

I should have just withdrawn because the feeling of rejection twice is pretty terrible.

anyone hear anything about high priority waitlist? looking at threads last year, people heard on May 14, which was a Thursday last year.

Got accepted two days ago via email/portal update (did not receive a call, probably because I am living abroad)! Sooo excited
Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
to any of you alll that were accepted, did you submit letters of intent?

to any of you alll that were accepted, did you submit letters of intent?

Yes! Columbia has been my #1 for years. I sent the only letter of intent to just this school.

Same I sent a letter of intent. However, I haven't heard back as yet. Still hoping for the best though

lol let's rephrase the question... who here did not send a LOI?
fwiw i also sent one in...haven't heard back and expecting the worse as well

It'll be created by the P&S Club / someone from my class later on. Ours was pretty late to the game (march, maybe april) so don't fret if it doesn't appear for a little while
hi! i'm a member of the class of 2020, and I'm not in the facebook group - do you know how I can get added?

Anybody know if there was any movement today?

Anybody know if there was any movement today?

Its been exactly one week since last weeks movement. They gave us one week deadline to accept or reject their offers. I think once they tally up everyone and see how many more people they will be taking off the WL, there will be movement late this week or early next.

I doubt many people are going to turn down Columbia if they get accepted off the waitlist :( Why would they have stayed on the waitlist if they didn't want to go there instead of where they had been planning?

I doubt many people are going to turn down Columbia if they get accepted off the waitlist :( Why would they have stayed on the waitlist if they didn't want to go there instead of where they had been planning?
Financial aid!