2015-2016 Columbia University College of P&S Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawn. Hard decision to make, but feels good after the fact! Good luck WLers.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted individual here, praying for a good ring this month!

Reactions: 1 users
am i the only person that got the most passive-aggressive response from columbia after withdrawing from the WL? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
What did it say?

It said:
"We are sorry to hear that you do not wish to continue to be a candidate at P&S, but we are sure that you have made a thoughtful decision about your future medical education."

To me, it sounds more like they meant to say "you obviously did not think this through" lol

Sounds to me more like "lol your loss" than anything passive-aggressive

Sounds to me more like "lol your loss" than anything passive-aggressive

either way, unexpected. Schools ranked higher than columbia at least responded with wishing me "luck in my future endeavors."

It said:
"We are sorry to hear that you do not wish to continue to be a candidate at P&S, but we are sure that you have made a thoughtful decision about your future medical education."

To me, it sounds more like they meant to say "you obviously did not think this through" lol
P&S needs to rethink how they communicate with prospective students. Between this and the fake likely letter, they're kind of terrible at it...

P&S needs to rethink how they communicate with prospective students. Between this and the fake likely letter, they're kind of terrible at it...

Agreed! And they use exclusively form letters

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email saying decisions will start in "next few days"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
either way, unexpected. Schools ranked higher than columbia at least responded with wishing me "luck in my future endeavors."

Meh, schools I withdrew from wrote something similar, and one didn't even't replay back so :shrug:

"If financial aid is a big factor in your decision, please make sure you have submitted the FASFA and NeedAccess forms and chosen Columbia as one of the schools."

***"...and CHOOSE Columbia as one of the schools."

wow.

"If financial aid is a big factor in your decision, please make sure you have submitted the FASFA and NeedAccess forms and chosen Columbia as one of the schools."

wow.

"make sure you have...chosen Columbia"

they're good

Reactions: 5 users
"make sure you have...chosen Columbia"

they're good
Maybe they meant to make sure to check that you choose Columbia as one of the schools that you choose to send NeedAccess? If they didn't mean that.. then well.. lol...

wow.

Where does it say choose?

Okay this is getting ridiculously off-topic, so let's put an end to it...
  • brobro2 thought they made a grammatical error in their email, saying "chosen" when it should have been "choose."
  • TheRhymenocerous kindly corrected him, pointing out that "chosen" was in fact the correct word choice
  • The purpose of the email was to make sure we've all included P&S in our FAFSA and NeedAccess forms, that way our fin aid packages will follow shortly after our (fingers crossed) acceptances

Reactions: 3 users
waitlist life...
62373d88761c6f19e34360984e20a423.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Yup this is pretty much me right now

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
i think we all are

Edit: i wonder if there are people who have heard back but they're just not on SDN?

Last edited:
i think we all are

Edit: i wonder if there are people who have heard back but they're just not on SDN?
It's possible. I would expect something today or early next week since their email suggested hearing something "within the next few days". Hang tight people

facebook group size has remain the same

Does he/she have any kind of access to special information? Or has he/she just been following the school-specific threads?
He/she sits on an AdCom and has access to acceptance/withdrawal information through AMCAS.

Facebook group grew over the weekend with a handful of people just added...trying not to read too much into these things but this is agony!

Facebook group grew over the weekend with a handful of people just added...trying not to read too much into these things but this is agony!
They sent an email about decisions going out in a few days on Tuesday and typically give people 2 weeks to respond if I'm not mistaken. That would be awfully quick to be added. But who knows. Just trying to keep my hopes alive.

For those already accepted, have you guys received any correspondence recently? I havent heard from the admissions office in a while, kind of feels weird.

For those already accepted, have you guys received any correspondence recently? I havent heard from the admissions office in a while, kind of feels weird.
No, haven't heard anything either

I received a request for my transcript today, that's all though.

Any brave souls want to call and ask if there was movement? I may try during my lunch break.

^^^ I am sure many of us would really appreciate that

Reactions: 3 users
CAlled and was told there has been no movement yet. Should have asked when to expect but got flustered and forgot !

Reactions: 6 users
Anybody feeling a call back to ask when to expect movement? Might be pointless though... based on their email, they redefined "in the next few days" to mean "in at least a week".

Anybody feeling a call back to ask when to expect movement? Might be pointless though... based on their email, they redefined "in the next few days" to mean "in at least a week".

I feel like they won't give us a straight answer either way.. they will probably say "in the next few days"

based on last year's thread, I think the first SDN waitlist accept was posted on like May 20?? But according to Wedge, he had said earlier in the thread that some of his classmates had gotten off the waitlist the first week :wideyed::scared:

Throwaway (which will become my fulltime account) because I want to surprise my friends with the news (and they check SDN regularly):

ACCEPTED COLUMBIA P&S CLASS OF 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS LITERALLY THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

Call from my interviewer came about 35 minutes ago. Email received a few minutes ago about a portal update.

I love you guys.

Reactions: 7 users