2015-2016 Charles Drew/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call last night and email this morning.! Completely speechless! I've wanted this sooooo badly! There's still hope all who are still waiting

Congrats! Let me know if you have any questions, or need any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all! If you have questions, just ask me to PM you, and I'll be happy to do that! I changed my settings, and for some reasons my message settings are weird now! :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call last night and email this morning.! Completely speechless! I've wanted this sooooo badly! There's still hope all who are still waiting
Congrats! I'm grateful for my acceptances but I'd drop everything to move back home to Los Angeles to attend. Praying for some good news soon. Congrats again! I'm keeping hope alive haha

Congratulations @Lolo91 !! You and I were in the same boat back in March. I hope this means that good news is on the horizon for the rest of us! Did they say how many spots were left?

Reactions: 1 users
@f4reignbeauty one of your classmates in the UCLA thread said that the class is usually not fully matriculated until the middle of July. Can you confirm if that is accurate (especially for Drew)? I thought the first week of June was as late as it goes . Thank you!

@f4reignbeauty one of your classmates in the UCLA thread said that the class is usually not fully matriculated until the middle of July. Can you confirm if that is accurate (especially for Drew)? I thought the first week of June was as late as it goes . Thank you!

I don't know if that applies to the Drew program, because we have orientation a few weeks before Geffen's orientation. For specifics, I would advise calling CDU's admissions office. I don't want to give false information.

@imcelroy when you say that you got accepted in early June, do you remember around when exactly? Like around the 1st or 2nd week of June? Just trying to get a sense of how late acceptance may roll in based on your experience.

What's the GPA and MCAT range for Charles Drew? I can't seem to find them in the MSAR.. Thanks.

What's the GPA and MCAT range for Charles Drew? I can't seem to find them in the MSAR.. Thanks.

Drew's stats are factored into UCLA's stats. If you feel as though Drew is a good fit, then you should definitely apply!

Is Charles Drew postbac program ideal for someone looking to take only upper division science courses for academic enhancement?

Is Charles Drew postbac program ideal for someone looking to take only upper division science courses for academic enhancement?

I actually just finished this program, please PM me.

Hey everyone, Drew student here. Just to clear up any confusion, they definitely accept only 24 people, and pull from the wait list whenever one of those 24 drop out, up until the matriculation date. I have a classmate who got into Drew in June. So keep the faith! Also, 14 people as of now have been accepted.

Best of luck!! :)

This isn't helpful info for the previous cycle, but 29 students actually matriculated. Maybe the same will happen in the future.