2015-2016 Charles Drew/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II TODAY!! Sooo happy this school is my top choice! IS Secondary complete 9/30 Interview Date 2/13
Awesome! Congrats =)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not to be negative or anything, but at my interview day, it was mentioned that Drew interviews from September through February, so it looks like they are filling up the last interview date at this point.

EDIT: I meant March and not February, so there's still quite few interview spots left!

Last edited:
Not to be negative or anything, but at my interview day, it was mentioned that Drew interviews from September through February, so it looks like they are filling up the last interview date at this point.

Are interview dates filling? Yes. However, as stated before until an official rejection has gone out, don't lose hope. Some students in our current class interviewed in March btw...

Members don't see this ad :)
Are interview dates filling? Yes. However, as stated before until an official rejection has gone out, don't lose hope. Some students in our current class interviewed in March btw...

My bad, I actually meant March. I'll correct my post. Just trying to give more information for applicants still waiting to hear back.

My bad, I actually meant March. I'll correct my post. Just trying to give more information for applicants still waiting to hear back.

No worries! I just know how stressful the medical school cycle can be, and if I can alleviate a person's stress (which I'm sure you were thinking along the same vein), then I'll do my best to do just that. Nonetheless, I'm rooting for each and every one of you, and as stated before...should you have any questions. ANY questions, feel free to to ask me, or inbox me. :)

waiting!!!

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm originally from Inglewood, so getting accepted here would mean the world!

I was verified 7.21.15
I heard there is only 3 slots left best of luck.

I don't think acceptances have begun to go out, and I am a student here.

Got an II earlier this week :]

Also, I think the earliest acceptances go out is some time in January. During the call, the adcom that extended the interview also mentioned no decisions have been released yet.

Got an II earlier this week :]

Also, I think the earliest acceptances go out is some time in January. During the call, the adcom that extended the interview also mentioned no decisions have been released yet.
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they last contact students for interviews? Is December the last month that you may expect to be contacted for interviews?

Does anyone know the COA for the combined program? There's a dead link on their page...

We pay the same tuition amount as other UCLA students. http://education.medschool.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=180
It basically shows our tuition around $36,402 as well as the additional costs associated with room and board etc.

Thank you! So it' about 49K for out of state. I'm going into the cycle this upcoming year and I'm debating whether or not it's worth to try because I'm OOS. I'm Cambodian American and from what I've heard there's a lot of Cambodians in the area, do you know anything about this? Thank for the response, I would've PM you but your profile is blocked.

Thank you! So it' about 49K for out of state. I'm going into the cycle this upcoming year and I'm debating whether or not it's worth to try because I'm OOS. I'm Cambodian American and from what I've heard there's a lot of Cambodians in the area, do you know anything about this? Thank for the response, I would've PM you but your profile is blocked.

I work not too far off from Compton (in Long Beach) and there's a large Cambodian population here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Cambodian-American_populations

Does anyone know if Drew sends rejection emails/letters post-secondary or tend more towards silent rejections?

@f4reignbeauty

Hi! I was wondering what types of clubs do the Drew/UCLA students participate in? Do they do any clubs that teach science to high school students in the surrounding community? Also, are there opportunities to participate in free community health fairs?

@f4reignbeauty

Hi! I was wondering what types of clubs do the Drew/UCLA students participate in? Do they do any clubs that teach science to high school students in the surrounding community? Also, are there opportunities to participate in free community health fairs?

We have student organizations such as SNMA and LMSA where you have the opportunity to serve at health fairs, or visit neighboring programs (boys and girls club etc.) and teach students about health. As far as teaching strictly science, drew has a Saturday science academy, but we don't participate because we are largely on UCLA's campus for the first two years. On the other hand, if education is really important to you, there are ways to spearhead programs such as these! :)

Just offered an II for this Saturday! Very excited to come home to LA and learn more about Drew/UCLA!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Do you know by chance if there are done sending out invites?
Potentially. Someone had cancelled for this Saturday and I was next on the list to be interviewed. I didn't ask how often they interview, but I'm sure they do only interview one Saturday a month (seen from earlier within this thread). They may have another interview session for February, but I'm not too sure. I can ask this Saturday :)
Best wishes to you all!

Potentially. Someone had cancelled for this Saturday and I was next on the list to be interviewed. I didn't ask how often they interview, but I'm sure they do only interview one Saturday a month (seen from earlier within this thread). They may have another interview session for February, but I'm not too sure. I can ask this Saturday :)
Best wishes to you all!
Thank you and good luck this Saturday!

Hi all,

Good luck to everyone that has interviewed or that is interviewing :)

Has anyone received an acceptance yet? During my interview, they stated that we would hear something this month.

Has anyone called about when they will be sending acceptances? This wait is super agonizing!

Oh my bad lol no I just called them out of curiosity and they said the began making acceptance calls last week.

Oh my bad lol no I just called them out of curiosity and they said the began making acceptance calls last week.

gotcha. haha sorry--minor moment of panic there. thanks for the recon :)

Hi everyone,

Good luck to everyone interviewing this Thursday!! :)

I know @dihydrogenmonoxide got in. Congratulations btw, :thumbup:!!

But, has anyone else hear anything from admissions?

But, has anyone else hear anything from admissions?
Twiddling my thumbs :whistle: interviewed in September. I'm concerned that not many people who applied/interviewed/are being accepted are posting on SDN...

Twiddling my thumbs :whistle: interviewed in September. I'm concerned that not many people who applied/interviewed/are being accepted are posting on SDN...

According to Joe this past Saturday there has only been 4 acceptances thus far. If I remember correctly

Does anyone know how many interviews are granted and how many acceptances are given out for Drew specifically? (not Geffen or its PRIME)

i have heard its about 250- 300 interviews. Only 24 get accepted.

Does anyone know how many interviews are granted and how many acceptances are given out for Drew specifically? (not Geffen or its PRIME)
140 interviews total. 28 in Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, and Feb. We were told on interview day. There are 24 seats but people are accepted off the waitlist as people drop their acceptances so more than 24 acceptances are given

Reactions: 1 users