2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got waitlisted, interviewed March. The email never specifically said if it was HPWL or LPWL. If the email said :
"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. We have placed your application in the "Wait list" category and will reach a final decision in the coming months." Is that HPWL or LPWL?
Edit: It's LPWL. I'm honestly surprised, I thought my interview went amazingly and my stats are good. Pretty disappointed, as I really wanted to attend.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted, interviewed March. The email never specifically said if it was HPWL or LPWL. If the email said :
"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. We have placed your application in the "Wait list" category and will reach a final decision in the coming months." Is that HPWL or LPWL?
Edit: It's LPWL. I'm honestly surprised, I thought my interview went amazingly and my stats are good. Pretty disappointed, as I really wanted to attend.

When did you guys interview? I know kitesandstars94 said March, but early or later? I'm waiting on my decision from March too, so I'm freaking out a little bit.

Dumb question- how do you know you are HPWL vs regular WL? Do they tell you specifically?

Did anyone not hear back from them yet? I was expecting something by the 15th but silence so far.

I have not heard back. I interviewed about a month ago.

Is the Service and Research Scholarship application out yet?

For what it's worth, I was awarded the Einstein Research and Service Scholarship a couple of weeks ago. I never filled out a formal application for it, though. However there is a good chance I will not ultimately be attending einstein so if that is the case after next week it will be open for one of you. Best to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a dream last night that I was accepted to Einstein. And then I woke up...

The admissions office just sent out an email that all the Service and Research scholarships have been awarded. Have the majority of people even gotten their financial aid packages yet? I haven't...

The admissions office just sent out an email that all the Service and Research scholarships have been awarded. Have the majority of people even gotten their financial aid packages yet? I haven't...
I haven't either. I was wondering when I should call and ask about it.

I haven't either. I was wondering when I should call and ask about it.
You're part of the group that was accepted on April 7th right? I feel like they might still be putting together our packages (assuming you turned in all your forms). I might end up calling if there's still no word in about a week.

You're part of the group that was accepted on April 7th right? I feel like they might still be putting together our packages (assuming you turned in all your forms). I might end up calling if there's still no word in about a week.
Yes that's right. I submitted all the promissory notes to Yeshiva University. There was no code for the Bronx campus like on the fafsa.

But I see now they have an incoming student financial aid questionnaire. I'll have to do that.

For those of us that interviewed the first week of April, anyone have an idea when we should hear back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The timing of when you hear back is sort of random as far as I can tell. Somebody who interviewed the same day as me has heard back already but I am still waiting. :shrug:

I got my financial aid package today. Called yesterday to make sure they had all of my info. I know a couple of you were also wondering when we would get it.

Yeah I had to call too. They thought it was sent but it wasn't in my email.

Related: I withdrew.

Dumb question: how do you commit to one school? like is it through amcas or..?

You withdraw any other acceptances, and the schools communicate that to AMCAS.

Rejected post ii (interviewed 4/8).

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What does it mean if they are rejecting people who interviewed several weeks after me, but I have still not heard back yet? Did they forget about me?

What does it mean if they are rejecting people who interviewed several weeks after me, but I have still not heard back yet? Did they forget about me?
Could be anything. I interviewed in Nov and saw people accepted, rejected, and placed on both wait lists before I heard anything. Ended up HPWL and then accepted.

There isn't much transparency in the process so I would try not to read into it too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Could be anything. I interviewed in Nov and saw people accepted, rejected, and placed on both wait lists before I heard anything. Ended up HPWL and then accepted.

There isn't much transparency in the process so I would try not to read into it too much.

Yeah, thanks. That's what I figure. But things are getting pretty down to the wire here and I'm trying to decide if I should send them an update letter now or wait until I get an initial decision. I want to go to Einstein so badly.

It seems like the HPWL movement of this year is much slower than last year... Anxiously waiting to get off HPWL:(:(

Do you use Gmail? My rejection email went straight to spam, the first from Einstein to do so. Good thing I scan the titles/senders before I clean it...

It seems like the HPWL movement of this year is much slower than last year... Anxiously waiting to get off HPWL:(:(

On the contrary, last year the HPWL didn't even start moving until mid April, this year they at least starting accepting people from it in March. I know that doesn't help you, but keep your chin up. They're still not to the April 30 deadline yet, after that I imagine the waitlist would see the most movement.

Do you use Gmail? My rejection email went straight to spam, the first from Einstein to do so. Good thing I scan the titles/senders before I clean it...

I do use Gmail. After having a small heart attack, I checked my junk mail box and there was nothing in there from Einstein. But on the plus side, it turns out I'm the beneficiary of 23.2 million dollars, so thank god I checked.

Reactions: 5 users

I do use Gmail. After having a small heart attack, I checked my junk mail box and there was nothing in there from Einstein. But on the plus side, it turns out I'm the beneficiary of 23.2 million dollars, so thank god I checked.

Just did the same.. I clicked that little "more" button on the side to show my spam folder and my heart nearly stopped when I saw that bolded (1) message. Opened the folder only to find some email from The New Yorker reminding me to complete an "important survey." I can't handle this!!

Reactions: 1 users
Huh. So I guess they were wrong when they said all the service and research scholarships were sent out already.

Yes I got one. It was a separate email from my financial aid package.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I got one. It was a separate email from my financial aid package.
According to last year's thread, there were people got off HPWL in June and July with the scholarship...

Probably the scholarship was redistributed from those withdrew...

On the contrary, last year the HPWL didn't even start moving until mid April, this year they at least starting accepting people from it in March. I know that doesn't help you, but keep your chin up. They're still not to the April 30 deadline yet, after that I imagine the waitlist would see the most movement.
Thank you for your reply. Sorry for being a little bit neurotic in this thread. I got nervous when I found a person from last year was put into HPWL pretty early (like early march) was not accepted while people HPWLed in May were accepted.

Never know if they taking people off according to the time they were put on HPWL.

I seriously doubt they'd be taking people off the HPWL based on the time they were put on. Acceptance isn't a "first come, first served" kind of thing.

got an email today that I was awarded a service and research scholarship. was pleasantly surprised. apparently that can still happen at this point in time. my guess is that someone else withdrew

Does anyone know if it's ok to send in last year's tax forms instead of this year's?

I can't get my parents to finish theirs. They always request an extension. Yes I'm extremely annoyed at them.

Does anyone know if it's ok to send in last year's tax forms instead of this year's?

I can't get my parents to finish theirs. They always request an extension. Yes I'm extremely annoyed at them.
I don't know but the student finance office is helpful if you call them.

So I still have not gotten an initial decision from Einstein after my interview. Do you guys think I should send them an update now or should I wait until I hear back? Who even knows when I will hear back at this point, though... :confused:

Do people usually find roommates on Facebook or something? Or do most people leave it to fate/the housing office?