2015-2016 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
admitted students got an email about it

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance email today! Interviewed March 31. Good luck to everyone out there - looks like they're still filling spots in the class!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got an acceptance email today! Interviewed April 31. Good luck to everyone out there - looks like they're still filling spots in the class!
You interviewed 25 days from now?! Congrats, future-you must have crushed the interview!

Edit: But seriously, all jokes aside, CONGRATS!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance email today! Interviewed April 31. Good luck to everyone out there - looks like they're still filling spots in the class!

Congrats! I interviewed the same day as you, I think you meant March 31st, and they let me know I am still under consideration(not immediately accepted/poss. wait list spot). Best of luck to you!

I was never placed on a pre-interview hold, but I never received an II either. At this point, should I assume that they are done with invites :(

I was never placed on a pre-interview hold, but I never received an II either. At this point, should I assume that they are done with invites :(

The last interview is 4/13 so probably =/ I'm sorry

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was last Tuesday and the wait is going to kill me, I loved the school!

Do you guys know where I can find 2016 Albany Medical College match list?

How are people searching for housing here? Also, is there a Facebook group for accepted students?

I'm personally struggling with finding housing due to the fact that I am three states away still at school, unable to look at housing / even sign a lease lol. And yes there is a Fbook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/169147763451210/

Thanks for the facebook group! I am just contacting different apartment complexes in the area, because I am also at school a few states away. Hopefully we find something!

Got accepted a few hours ago via email.
Interviewed exactly one week ago

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted a few hours ago via email.
Interviewed exactly one week ago

Congrats, was it your top choice?
Did anybody else who interviewed last week hear back?

Last edited:
Congrats, was it your top choice?
Did anybody else who interviewed last week hear back?

I interviewed exactly a week ago, haven't heard anything yet... getting scared now

Just withdrew my application. Been on the UC list since December. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all those who are still waiting! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted this afternoon via email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hello and congratulations on being accepted! I'm a first year at AMC right now, just signed up at SDN to shamelessly plug my room for rent. It's a great location, super close (3 minute walk) to AMC, and you would be living with two of my classmates (will be second years). I attached a flyer, you can also check out the Albany Med 2020 facebook group to see better pictures. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

• Room for Rent.pdf
    495.9 KB · Views: 93
Put on the UC list via email this morning. Pretty disappointed to be honest. Really loved the school.

Does the UC list eventually become a waitlist?

I believe so, probably after traffic day.

Let's hope we see lots of movement of the list this year...personally I'm feeling very discouraged right now...:(

I believe so, probably after traffic day.

Let's hope we see lots of movement of the list this year...personally I'm feeling very discouraged right now...:(

Me too! It seems like a lot of people on this thread have revoked their acceptances so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for UC movement!

I interviewed in March, but still haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried?

Hi!

I was accepted in March and tried to join the group but haven't been accepted to the FB page yet. Do I need to email someone?

Also, struggling with finding a (dog-friendly) place to live as well....coming from California but thinking about flying over just to look at places....

I also wasn't accepted to the page. I was considering messaging one of the admins of the group. I want to try to find roommates

Hi!

I was accepted in March and tried to join the group but haven't been accepted to the FB page yet. Do I need to email someone?

Also, struggling with finding a (dog-friendly) place to live as well....coming from California but thinking about flying over just to look at places....

Also eagerly waiting to be added to the FB group.

Does anyone know how receptive AMC is to letters of interest? On my interview day they seemed to be less than excited about them but I figure nothing can hurt me at this point.

Does anyone know how receptive AMC is to letters of interest? On my interview day they seemed to be less than excited about them but I figure nothing can hurt me at this point.

Yeah I got the same vibe after my interview. I'm curious to know as well. I feel like someone mentioned earlier in the thread that their update letter got acknowledged?....

It doesn't look like AMC accepts them. Here's what's said on the portal under application status:

We do not accept updates or letters of interest sent to us via fax, "regular mail", or email to supplement the required documents to complete your file. Unsolicited updates that are sent to our office will not be added to your file, nor will they be acknowledged. We will contact you if the Admissions Committee requests updated information.

It doesn't look like AMC accepts them. Here's what's said on the portal under application status:

We do not accept updates or letters of interest sent to us via fax, "regular mail", or email to supplement the required documents to complete your file. Unsolicited updates that are sent to our office will not be added to your file, nor will they be acknowledged. We will contact you if the Admissions Committee requests updated information.

Thanks! Probably not worth the energy to write one. On another note, I've been on the UC list since March and my portal has never updated to reflect that. I assume it's supposed to though...

I also wasn't accepted to the page. I was considering messaging one of the admins of the group. I want to try to find roommates

Were you able to get added to the group yet, mine is still pending as well.

Does anyone know which days the committee meets to discuss applications?

Any accepted students who are looking for places to live PM me, maybe we can make the search easier. I have been looking at a few properties in the area and want to find roommates before it gets too late.