2014-2015 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, are there any females interested in discussing sharing a 2 BR apartment? I'm starting to look at properties online. Private message me for my number.
Hi. Urbana in August just for the year. I'm assigned the Rockford track.

I'm rockford campus too! :) although I'm not in the rmed program. Are you in that program by any chance?
And I have one roommate already but we are interested in finding 1 to 2 more people to get a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom apartment so it's a little cheaper and everyone has their own room. Would you be interested by any chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm rockford campus too! :) although I'm not in the rmed program. Are you in that program by any chance?
And I have one roommate already but we are interested in finding 1 to 2 more people to get a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom apartment so it's a little cheaper and everyone has their own room. Would you be interested by any chance?
Guys or just girls?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I would be interested. Will you PM me with more info?

Judging by last year, we won't be hearing any updates until mid May or later?

Probably going to do a 1-person (max 2) but I just wanted to say that I'm super excited to meet you two!! :) ( @EEB ) I'm not in RMed either.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone looking for a roommate(s) in Champaign? Just got back after looking at apartments all day.

So, from what I understand, today is the day they begin compiling all of the site change requests. Godspeed to my fellow appealers.

Last edited:
Site placement today. Urbana----->Peoria. Would have really loved to do clinicals in Chicago hospitals, but this was my 2nd choice so I'm not too beat up about it. Just happy to be attending! :highfive: Now time to apartment hunt in Champaign-Urbana again... Who needs a male roommate? haha

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I'm on the Peoria track too and I've been looking at some apartments already. I'm thinking of staying at one north or south and would prefer to live with another med student so let me know if you're interested

So, from what I understand, today is the day they begin compiling all of the site change requests. Godspeed to my fellow appealers.
I was told it was April 30th. But I hope you're right!

Will be withdrawing for UIC after getting into a state school. Truly thankful to the school for giving me my first acceptance and I plan to let them know that in my withdrawal letter. Hopefully someone on here gets my spot! Good luck to everyone, especially those still waiting for that first acceptance (it's coming! be persistent and persuasive!) :))

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the Facebook page for the UPR location? Trying to find housing/ roommates!

Does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance from here? Do I call, send an email, ...? Thanks in advance!

Sigh... just withdrew my Chicago spot via email. I didn't expect it to hurt so bad, but this school was awesome, from the people to the campus to the city. Unfortunately, I could never afford it as an OOS haha

I hope my spot and track location go to some excited hopefuls! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know what the deal is for "decision pending" folks?? I've been waiting since October lol....thankfully I'm already in at another school but this is a bit frustrating.

Reactions: 3 users
I got the Urbana location but I don't know much about it. What is the class size? Do they have a simulation center? How are the research opportunities there? What special programs do they have there? What sets Urbana apart from the other campuses? Is there any other info I should know? What are some downfalls of Urbana?

Anyone received a decision for April yet? I was told by the office that the Committee did meet for this month.

I got the Urbana location but I don't know much about it. What is the class size? Do they have a simulation center? How are the research opportunities there? What special programs do they have there? What sets Urbana apart from the other campuses? Is there any other info I should know? What are some downfalls of Urbana?
Are you familiar with the website? http://www.med.illinois.edu most of your questions can be answered there.

Anyone received a decision for April yet? I was told by the office that the Committee did meet for this month.

Nope. But on the bright side, May 5th is almost here! Another cycle, here I come, lol.

Withdrew my spot from the Chicago campus today. Good luck to those still waiting!

Finally got an e-mail with my UIN and info about vaccinations.

Reactions: 2 users
Plot twist: the info isn't any more than I had already read on my own accord...

Is everyone's vaccination email saying it's specifically from U of I at Chicago? I assume as much, but I asked for a site change to Chicago (Originally at Urbana/Peoria) so I'm not totally sure. I doubt each campus would send their own.

Is everyone's vaccination email saying it's specifically from U of I at Chicago? I assume as much, but I asked for a site change to Chicago (Originally at Urbana/Peoria) so I'm not totally sure. I doubt each campus would send their own.

Yup:

"The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine welcomes you to the Class of 2019. You have been assigned the following University Identification Number:"

Although I guess this would only answer your question if I weren't assigned to Chicago. Need someone from the other campuses to confirm I suppose.

I'm in the same boat as you, haha. Most likely :) Especially since the email title is just University of Illinois College of Medicine.

Adding: and getting the "Welcome to UIC" housing email again right afterwards only further confused me. Ah well, having fun with it overall. :p

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the Committee is going to meet after April 30th? Is it still the 3rd Thursday of the month?

Does anyone know when the Committee is going to meet after April 30th? Is it still the 3rd Thursday of the month?

I'm fairly certain that they do meet once more in May, though I have no clue as to what day. I remember getting a rejection last year in late May.

Has anyone who interviewed from GMED heard back yet...? I think they are supposed to get back to us before the 30th since that's the last day to accept an offer if holding at another school...

Just got a "welcome" email from the Rockford dean, so I think that answers that :p
Still out of the country but my brother just informed me that I got Rockford too! I am happy as I am not a big fan of big cities anyway. Can't wait to meet you and all the cool people on this thread who kept us insane and who made us believe in the power of the unbelievable! I am very excited and fortunate to be a part of such awesome people. We have already written the first chapter in this noble journey! And I am humbly confident that the chapters to come are even more exciting and meaningful! Rest assured that we will rock Rockford!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still out of the country but my brother just informed me that I got Rockford too! I am happy as I am not a big fan of big cities anyway. Can't wait to meet you and all the cool people on this thread who kept us insane and who made us believe in the power of the unbelievable! I am very excited and fortunate to be a part of such awesome people. We have already written the first chapter in this noble journey! And I am humbly confident that the chapters to come are even more exciting and meaningful! Rest assured that we will rock Rockford!!!!!!!!!!!!

The several Rockford students I've met so far are all WONDERFUL so it's definitely a great group! Welcome to the crew!! :D

Will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Really liked the school but works out very expensive for OOS. Best of luck to all waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
Have any "decision pending" applicants had any updates on their status? I called admissions and was told there was a meeting on 4/23. No changes on my app.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm a prospective M1 at the Chicago campus and I'm looking for roommates for next year. If anyone is interested please PM me!

Last edited:
Have any "decision pending" applicants had any updates on their status? I called admissions and was told there was a meeting on 4/23. No changes on my app.

Yeah nothing yet...I think I may just go ahead and withdraw here...so annoyed with waiting and will likely not even get placed in Chicago campus

Hey, Im an incoming matriculant for this fall. I have a bedroom available in a 3BR 2 bath apartment in Pilsen, just south of campus. Rent would be approximately 585 a month. Its a newly refinished unit, hardwood floor, granite tile in bathrooms, large bedrooms. Close walking distance, 1 minute train ride from the school. Unit availabe for June 1. If there is any interest please message me,

Thanks